Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

M.T

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2023
Has anyone dared to follow the link? For me is very clear that it only shall be used if you would like to have a refund "if you have an outstanding order which you do not want, just follow this link" the form doesn't say anything if you would like to keep the order or not, so I am afraid that my order will just be canceled if using the link!?
Or if someone will try this route are you asked later in the process to do a refund or keep the order?
I don't know where this link leads but it doesn't even work for me.
I always have "An unexpected error occured" as message when I click on the submit button.

Reactions: gensa

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
I am glad to see Audun getting things moving for those awaiting orders! Lets get the stalled status off of the threads please.
Audun, despite having received multiple messages here, and via Discord from multiple of our staff, has neglected to reach out or acknowledge that his threads have been marked as "stalled" for more than a month now. The door is open, but to move forward, we need communication.

And before he reaches out to us, we suggest that he reach out to the individuals who claim to have waited since as far back as December.

dovestyle

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2023
I preordered way back in opening week, and while I haven't heard any communication in several months, I have been fervently checking this thread for updates. I'm holding out for the case either way because it's too perfect for my needs, and nothing else compares. My parts are running now in a Sugo 16 I had lying around, so I'm not concerned with being able to use them. I'm just a little disheartened by the situation after all the glowing reviews I've seen for Densium.

I would like to hear something definitive, instead of just "awaiting transportation to warehouse, at which point they're able to ship". How about a timeline? Also a bit perturbed that Overtek was able to get all their shipments, but preorders - especially those as old as mine - have gotten no love. This would make anyone hesitant to purchase from Densium again, or even recommend them to friends.

This is a deep hole Densium has dug themselves into and will likely take a long time to dig out and regain community trust. I do know you're on the way to mending it, and I wish you good luck.

All things considered, I remain hopeful and looking forward to getting the case.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
Audun, despite having received multiple messages here, and via Discord from multiple of our staff, has neglected to reach out or acknowledge that his threads have been marked as "stalled" for more than a month now. The door is open, but to move forward, we need communication.

And before he reaches out to us, we suggest that he reach out to the individuals who claim to have waited since as far back as December.
Case in point, we're now going on 3 weeks since his mea culpa, and still no sign of cases shipping to end customers despite the claims on his website. Not a good look at all.

Reactions: M.T

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
I ordered a Velka 3 yesterday. They shipped it today & emailed me a tracking#, which shows an ETA of Saturday.
To be fair, they are in Colorado & I'm in the Midwest USA.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
I ordered a Velka 3 yesterday. They shipped it today & emailed me a tracking#, which shows an ETA of Saturday.
To be fair, they are in Colorado & I'm in the Midwest USA.
Yes, because they're an established, reasonably well-run company. That's the experience you expect when buying a product. Not indefinite delays followed by complete radio silence. Especially after apologizing for just that behavior...

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
@Densium.net @Otamot whats the state of play with Densium APU and other cases? Can we expect the current situation to resolve itself in near future or is this end of the road for Densium?
Not the end of the road. The APU isn't going into production immediately, Schedule is for D4+ next followed by APU. Time frame wise I hope to have a clearer picture next week so far as ETA for D4+. APU is likely to be further away behind that.

M.T

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2023
@Otamot, are you referring to future orders, or is the claim on the website about cases being ready an outright lie?
For sure it’s a lie and I’m even convinced that this seller take us for fools. Who can believe for a second that in the 21st century in China it takes several months to find a carrier?

@Otamot Here we are talking about the current APU’s orders on standby and not about an hypothetical oncoming order. So you are welcome to help us to find a satisfaying outcome but please don’t try to be his lawyer, his attitude is intolerable and indefensible. Remember as @Exixt50 said: "this is a business transaction, not charity".

Regards.

heat

Case Bender
New User
Jun 19, 2023
New to the forum, just created an account to comment on this thread.

It seems weird that the Densium4+ case is the one being scheduled next, while there are (pre-) orders from Dec. 22 which haven't been fulfilled yet... not sure what I'm missing here.

@Wiseblood This looks quite interesting, even fits an A4000 SFF.

jcsato

Cable Smoosher
Jun 20, 2023
In the same situation as many others here, made an account for this thread specifically.

Dovestyle's comment above captures my feeling overall. The fact that Overtek got his orders fulfilled and actual cases into the hands of customers is pretty heartening (they exist! The finish line's in sight!), but it's also pretty confusing (where are the non-Overtek cases?). It's been over a month since things "started up" again and there have been no further updates.

From reading the post he made back in May, it wouldn't shock me if Audun is once again without internet or energy to make updates. I have no particular desire to dogpile onto the guy, so instead I think I'll just express my concerns in a more neutral way:
  • If the cases are indeed truly assembled and ready to ship - and I assume in good faith that they are - how long can they remain in that state? I'd assume they can't occupy assembly line space forever.
  • Is the status on Densium's store page still accurate, or is something else going on? Are we going to get an update in days, or in months, or never?
  • I'd love nothing more than to just get the case and finish the build I've had otherwise assembled since the beginning of January. It will sit in a pretty visible place and I prefer the visual style of the Densium to anything else on the market; that said, I'm over 6 months into my 12 month HDPlex warranty and there's still no indication I'll actually have my case order fulfilled. I'll probably go with the Stratos myself if there are no updates in the next week or two.
I think what's most concerning of all is the complete silence from Audun following his May update, where he committed to making things right and taking responsibility. Not because I think he's a scam artist or is willfully stringing us along or anything; more that I worry it's an indication that whatever problems he's had in 2023 haven't actually been solved. If limited time, bad internet, and a lack of physical energy stopped him from proactive communication and fulfilling orders before, and all those problems still exist...then it just doesn't seem realistic that the (built, existent, waiting-to-ship) cases will ever arrive.

Ultimately I think there just needs to be communication from Audun here, even if it's one-sided weekly email updates that say "yup, cases still haven't shipped yet, I know" or something. We're in bare minimum territory. I don't need an open dialogue with him, I don't need him to answer questions or give me apologies or endure a public hazing or whatever - I just need to know what's going on with the case, and to know that he's tackling the situation with whatever time and energy he does have for it.

It just feels bad, man. Trying to stay hopeful that I'll get my APU, especially after all the waiting I've already done, but it's getting pretty hard. :/

bads

Case Bender
New User
May 2, 2023
As a potential buyer, I also made an account here. Mainly so I could monitor whats happening on everyone's order status, hoping it'll get resolved soon. Its actually disheartening to see people not getting what they paid for 6-7 months ago. In my humble opinion they deserve better treatment than this.

Personally, I just love the look of the case thats why im still holding up hope that things will get sorted out sooner than later. I actually have all the parts I needed, just waiting for the d4+ production to start/get finished. But tbh right now, im leaning heavily on not risking it knowing what could happen on future orders. Maybe I should get similar size sandwich type case like d21 (as a placeholder which is very cheap and cost barely $15) until the situation/service gets better.

Reactions: Marbolite

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
I gave up and marked my order for cancellation 3 weeks ago. Now instead of waiting for my case to eventually ship I'm waiting for my money to eventually get refunded.
Should probably just do a chargeback. 3 weeks is more than enough time to wait for a refund.

And at this point, it's looking more and more like the Densium APU was just a scam, or so poorly executed it's indistinguishable from one.

Also, where did @Otamot go? Doing PR for Densium then up and vanishing once those claims started to fall apart.

Reactions: thelaughingman