Production Overtek - Densium 4 and 4 +

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Sometimes things aren't simple or straight forward and decisions have to be taken one way or another. Like many of you we were taken by the design and quality of the Densium cases. With its origins of being designed to be strong for portability, of high quality and with a clean design look exuding the warmth natural materials provide. Our focus and background, as many know, has been in power supplies since Overtek was formed back in 2008. It's hard to think its been 15 years already.
Unexpectedly we found ourselves in a position were we had back orders to fulfil with a promise of production just around the corner, earlier this year, for Densium 4+ cases.
As many all to painfully know, no one has heard from Densium since the end of May and more recently both domain name has expired and backend system become dormant. We continue to try to find out what's happened and make contact and hopefully we will see a return of Densium in the future. We also are aware there are many direct Denisum customers who were awaiting APU cases. As mentioned previously, we have no involvement or access into Densium's business affairs. That said we are looking into see what we can do to help, more on that point in the future as we continue to work on it.

So why are we posting that Densium 4+ is in production? Very simply, we found ourselves in a position where we could have the existing manufacturer produce them so we can fulfil our existing back orders. So back in August we set about this task, not quite as simple just getting the one manufacturer to produce them as we had to pull in many new suppliers for all the specific ancillary parts as well as having a new box manufacturer produce the outer box, which we've looked to improve by a few subtle changes in materials and logo finish. Once we had all the ancillary parts in place we then finally got production under way last month. That has now completed and D4+ stock is on its way to us. One important change finally, existing Densium customers may know, the Alan (hex key) to get started and into the case and the accessory box contained within, is just under the lid (a bug bear that wasn't every resolved previously). Our direct customers will have found one in this spot as we added them to the cases we shipped in the past to make life easier. (The other one was in the accessory box.....behind the hex screws.....so handy....)

Stock is due in to us next week, hoping it arrives mid week so we can start shipping then, as we will be shutdown from Friday next week, October 20th, for the following week. Otherwise if the land on October 20th we'll be shipping on our return from October 30th. Currently there is some free stock available note that to keep things simple just black with walnut front panels are available.

Our usual suspect, ENP-7660B, are currently in stock. Remember we can customise your loom however you like (within reason) just add what you want in order notes. If left blank and Densium/Custom loom is selected then 24pin ATX will be made to 15cm, 8pin CPU 25cm as well as both PCI-E connectors and their cable runs, with SATA and Molex looms removed back to PCB.
Stock fan is currently Yate Loon, but can be swapped to ADDA if desired at no additional cost (add a note) or the Noctua's can be selected, both colours currently in stock. Also we have ADT risers in stock, discounted when taken with a D4+.

Hopefully Densium returns themselves and we can step back as before, as quit frankly I don't have a strong desire to take my past technical manual drafting skills (think dinosaur times with a pencil and board like Adrian Newey) and bring them into modern day CAD CAM software, but well I'll never say never as this wasn't a planned or anticipated path...

Last edited:

EugShk

Efficiency Noob
Feb 20, 2022
Did I get it right that you're selling the current D4/D4+ stock and have no production plans in the future?

Great news though! Thank you guys!

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Did I get it right that you're selling the current D4/D4+ stock and have no production plans in the future?

Great news though! Thank you guys!
Correct although the production run completed is just for the D4+ V2. No changes in the case design or materials, same gauges of Aluminium and T304 stainless steel with powder coating.

Production plans for the future? Our intentions aren't to start designing and producing cases, but this will depend what happens further down the road.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Stock starting to arrive now - quick unbox below (sorry can't embedded a yt short so link below). Stock arrival is in dribs and drabs so not all in today expecting ther rest over the next few days.

Initial inspection, all is pretty much as expected.
A couple of side notes below:

The Allen key that drops out at around 50s mark. The important handy key to getting inside for the accessory box and getting started. This is on the underside of the lid and may, as it did here pop out on opening.

The power switch includes a rubber ring seal this isn't required for installation. The power switch pin header connectors are not labelled, down to time and that the switch manufacturer didn't have any available on hand or was able to source them labelled at the time. The 2 wired connector is the power switch the individual pin connectors are the LED power connectors red wire +ve, black -ve.

Thank you for your patience, especially you that ordered first in March!! yours is the first to be packed and shipped today.

Limited free stock available still

Last edited:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Jon, Thank you for keeping the Densium 4 project alive. I feel you will win many fans for your efforts! I would like to support your efforts and buy a case, but already own 2 Densium 4+ and purchased a Densium APU prototype from Audun. Best of luck in your business!

Hugo
Thank you. The design and quality are up there, my past is industrial computing and the thickness and grades of metals used is at that level and beyond many in that segment.

Reactions: Arboreal

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Production plans for the future? Our intentions aren't to start designing and producing cases, but this will depend what happens further down the road.
If you keep the Densium cases alive, watch out for a lawsuit that could come from nowhere, claiming infringement on IP... or failure to share profits, etc. You can never be too careful.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
If you keep the Densium cases alive, watch out for a lawsuit that could come from nowhere, claiming infringement on IP... or failure to share profits, etc. You can never be too careful.
Thanks we're aware of that. As mentioned, our hope is that we can get hold of Audun again in future and work with him to get him back to what he does best and help sort the mess x

Tute

Average Stuffer
Sep 16, 2018
Just wanted to pop in and add that I could very well be interested in a standard Densium 4 (non plus) if you ever decided to put in a production run. No pressure obviously, just registering interest.

Oh, and kudos to you for doing this run on the D4+.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Just wanted to pop in and add that I could very well be interested in a standard Densium 4 (non plus) if you ever decided to put in a production run. No pressure obviously, just registering interest.

Oh, and kudos to you for doing this run on the D4+.

Thanks, will see where we end up

devinwild

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 1, 2021
A big thank you Overtek for doing all this work. finally i can get this beautiful case. Question to anybody that knows, can i turn the wooden front panel upside down so i can turn around the case and have my cpu to the left side?

Reactions: Bakaban and Overtek

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
A big thank you Overtek for doing all this work. finally i can get this beautiful case. Question to anybody that knows, can i turn the wooden front panel upside down so i can turn around the case and have my cpu to the left side?
If no one answers before Monday, I'll have a look to see if the frame that holds the panel can be rotated.

If not, turn the case upside down. Would mean PSU at the top as well as power and front usb port. The PSU can also be rotated internally. That can be played about to see what suits your system best. If your using an ENP-7660B the hot spot is on the underside.

Bakaban

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 13, 2020
I flipped my panel upside down in the original Densium +. Though that was with the v1 mounting system, I believe he designed new brackets to also hold the usb c front i/o for v2 so it might have changed.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Had to drop in to the office this evening. Can confirm the frame that holds the wood panel can be rotated 180° with no issue. the power swtich and USB will not foul anything due to the extended length of the Plus model. They will simply exit in space at behind where the motherboard is located

blaumago

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 1, 2019
Hallo,
Mein Koffer ist jetzt angekommen (Bestellung OVT-2917) – aber ich habe einen in Esche bestellt und einen in Walnuss bekommen – wie können wir das beheben? Ich brauche dringend eins in Ash

Gruß

onemantalk

Cable Smoosher
May 19, 2020
can you do custom order for front panel? I would like to do like Thinkstation P360 Ultra front panel. I'm okay for more price. Thanks in advance.