Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
Can anyone get in touch with Densium? I've been trying to get in touch since December last year and I've repeatedly asked for a refund, but there's no reply at all...
I'd say do a chargeback at this point. You've long fulfilled any moral obligation to do things "politely".

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Being let down by contracted manufacturer. Unfortunately they don't have anything like to sort of urgency we'd all expect. Goods are complete, its just down to them to get on and pack and ship them. It will happen, it's just not with the levels of urgency we all want and expect.

Densium have gone to crack the whip again today, all be it feeling like flogging a dead horse.

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
An FYI from staff:

We are aware of the current state of communication and have reached out directly to @Densium.net regarding it.
As far as we can tell, no one other than @Otamot has heard from the man himself since January/February or thereabouts, with some people claiming to have waited since last year. So unless we get a direct update within the next couple of days, we'll be marking this thread as "stalled" in an attempt to deter further interest.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
This thread has been marked as "stalled" due to a lack of vendor communication.

Please proceed with new interest at your own risk.
Thanks for the warning...the opening post got me really interested when I just stumbled upon it :(

Francoise

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 26, 2023
As the opinions regarding the APU case seem to get increasingly concerned, I want to post my opinion.
While it is unfortunate that there are such long delays, I personally will still hold out for the APU case. Waiting with the build is not a problem for me, as my ITX system is running in a silverstone case at the moment. I understand that it is much more of a problem if one is sitting on the parts and only waiting for the case.

kawaisosu

Case Bender
New User
Sep 25, 2022
If I cancel, I'll be at a loss because I won't have any use for the custom power supply that arrived earlier 😅
It's fine to wait, but I'm not even sure if it will be shipped properly.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
I just read through the thread and I have a question or two, let me cite Densiums website first:
About Us
Densium is a company formed in 2021 by a small group of people from Norway.
To me, this implies being comprised of multiple persons.

Audun went out to sea on a fishing trawler on December 10th.
So? Why can't some of the other people from this company give updates on a thread like this? I mean, the thread was good enough to advertise a product and collect money, right?

You should hear from them soon
Uhm yeah? Why can't "they" communicate with their customers themselves?
From what I gather from this thread, we have really, really bad business behaviour here.

You guys waiting for your preorders? Sry I´m on a trawler lulz 🐟🦐🐟🐙🦑

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
I can take the horse to water but I can't make it drink.

What I can tell you is our APU stock is just awaiting local customs clearance, so things are moving.
Until we actually see cases shipping to customers, that claim doesn't hold much weight. You yourself said that they would be shipping "at the end of the week" more than a month ago now. And that's on top of a long string of broken promises, and now a complete lack of communication. Their own website still claims December, for goodness sake.

This is the kind of stuff one associated with either scams, or a business about to go under. It would probably make sense for everyone who preordered to issue a chargeback, lest they be left with nothing later.

Reactions: thelaughingman

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Until we actually see cases shipping to customers, that claim doesn't hold much weight. You yourself said that they would be shipping "at the end of the week" more than a month ago now. And that's on top of a long string of broken promises, and now a complete lack of communication. Their own website still claims December, for goodness sake.

This is the kind of stuff one associated with either scams, or a business about to go under. It would probably make sense for everyone who preordered to issue a chargeback, lest they be left with nothing later.
I can only advise what I know and what I'm informed of.
I am a customer and they are also a customer to me.

I can largely agree with your sentiment and understand where it comes from

A month ago that was what I was informed of, then it turned out one part, some magnets, had been missed by the manufacturer. I was looking to see if they were non essential at the time to ship without, but on the APU it turned out they locate the front panel and were integral. (D4 V2
models also have magnets but non essential, just can be used as an alignment load reduction spacer for flex psu install).

Our stock is going in circles at UPS's Castle Donnington UK warehouse awaiting customs clearance. But rather than say that though,.UPS log a scan every 24 hours and bump the estimated delivery day to the next working day each after each date passes. Hopefully just the last hurdle.
Would rather they just left it as awaiting customs clearance, with delivery tba.

Of course individuals can decide for themselves what to do.
Are you waiting for a unit as well yourself?

I will continue to update, unless the community here don't want me to.

Will look to speak with Densium next week and try to get them to get their boat on a better course.

Francoise

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 26, 2023
i do not understand why anyone would seriously call out densium as a potential scam. the densium 4 cases obviously were no scams and the reasons for the delay of the apu case all seem coherent to me. there are obviously many unforeseeable issues that can happen in the manufacturing and shipping processes and these issues also regularly happen to bigger companies. the difference here is just the preorder situation, which is presumably the only way how densium could afford the manufacturing of a big enough number of cases. i have no problem with calling out the lacking communication of personally deciding to cancel the order. everything beyond that however, feels like entitled customers creating drama that can have really bad financial consequences for the people that are financially involved and can't simply cancel their order. let's not forget that we are talking about luxurious toys here.

Reactions: GucksTV and L91

Kaji

Doesn't own a caliper
SFFn Staff
Jun 1, 2020
I can only advise what I know and what I'm informed of.
I am a customer and they are also a customer to me.

I can largely agree with your sentiment and understand where it comes from

A month ago that was what I was informed of, then it turned out one part, some magnets, had been missed by the manufacturer. I was looking to see if they were non essential at the time to ship without, but on the APU it turned out they locate the front panel and were integral. (D4 V2
models also have magnets but non essential, just can be used as an alignment load reduction spacer for flex psu install).

Our stock is going in circles at UPS's Castle Donnington UK warehouse awaiting customs clearance. But rather than say that though,.UPS log a scan every 24 hours and bump the estimated delivery day to the next working day each after each date passes. Hopefully just the last hurdle.
Would rather they just left it as awaiting customs clearance, with delivery tba.

Of course individuals can decide for themselves what to do.
Are you waiting for a unit as well yourself?

I will continue to update, unless the community here don't want me to.

Will look to speak with Densium next week and try to get them to get their boat on a better course.
Your updates are greatly appreciated.

…..although, updates and steady communication from a vendor is critical. Especially with such a new company.
We understand delays, delays aren’t the issue if they are justified. Zero communication isn't justified. Especially when for whatever reason they are selectively communicating to you and you alone.

@Densium.net can turn this around, but his chances are disappearing by the day.

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
We understand delays, delays aren’t the issue if they are justified. Zero communication isn't justified. Especially when for whatever reason they are selectively communicating to you and you alone.
This is indeed the main issue here. He is somehow able communicate with @Otamot, but cannot get on the forums and use 5 minutes of his precious time to inform his buyers about the situation? There is just no way to explain this - other than not caring at all.