Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
the outer width of the case is 91mm so I'd say maximum 80x20mm fans can be fitted there.

Great point to you sir. I'd imagine having such fans exhausting through the top would help with temps
used some of my blackbelt google-fu and found this https://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/...fans/nb-blacksilent-pro-series/80x80x15mm.php seem like the most reasonable choice
another 💸💸💸option could be https://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/...fans/nb-blacksilent-pro-series/40x40x20mm.php or
https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a4x20-pwm in a 2x6 grid
and last but not least if you are an absolute lunatic of a madman https://www.delta-fan.com/AUB0812HHDXHN.html
nicolas cage smile GIF

so do anyone know where I can buy delta fans in Europe🥲

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :)
I know the video is in german, but at least it is a first view of some hardware that would work really great in the new Densium APU Case! Hope you like it and thank you to @Densium.net and HDPLEX aswell the other brands that were involved and will make the project possible. :) Can't wait for thos RYZEN 7000G / APUs in 2023! <3

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
hey guys! :)
I know the video is in german, but at least it is a first view of some hardware that would work really great in the new Densium APU Case! Hope you like it and thank you to @Densium.net and HDPLEX aswell the other brands that were involved and will make the project possible. :) Can't wait for thos RYZEN 7000G / APUs in 2023! <3

I see you reference a Ryzen 7000g APU. I haven't seen this mentioned on AMD's website or elsewhere. The only thing I see is the Ryzen 7 IGPU which will only work with a graphics card.

Reactions: GucksTV

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I see you reference a Ryzen 7000g APU. I haven't seen this mentioned on AMD's website or elsewhere. The only thing I see is the Ryzen 7 IGPU which will only work with a graphics card.

I am refering to an roadmap for RYZEN CPUs which mentioned a 5000G successor in the first half of 2023, which therefore will be RYZEN 7000G...but theoretically you can use all RYZEN 7000 even without GPU as they have integrated graphics for video output. :)

Reactions: rfarmer

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017

New Desktop APU SKU's are coming, Q3 2023 probably.
It's a long wait, but it's good news the APU's we love won't end with the Ryzen 5000G's

Reactions: Aguda33 and GucksTV

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Hello all,

I just wanted to share a few photos of what showed up in the mail from Norway today.
Please note this is not the APU case that is currently in production. I really wanted
Audun's original design of the 3 liter APU case, so I reached out to him, and he was kind

enough to sell me one of the original prototypes. I hope this gives you all some ideas
to plan for the new cases when they are released in a few weeks.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Any update regarding shipping?
Audun went out to sea on a fishing trawler on December 10th. I don't believe he has retuned yet. He expected late December shipping.
He is always very responsive to his customers, so I would expect an announcement soon. I know it is hard to maintain patience.
Happy New Year to all!

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
There was an update last night on this case's status:

Hi [name],

Just an update on the Densium APU cases.

Sadly, the Densium APU will not be shipped on time. The main reason for this, is that Shenzen (where my supplier is located) have been struck pretty badly by the Omicron virus, and my suppliers capacity have been greatly reduced. This, in conjuncture with increased orders right before christmas have resulted in skyrocketing production times. From what I can tell from my previous experience, is that this might take 1 month or longer to resolve, but nothing is certain yet.

Though I hoped the production would not be affected by this, there is not really anything I can do.

I should have known about this sooner, but sadly my great customer manager, Lyla have been struck by Covid herself, and has not been able to communicate these issues to me.

I fully understand if you don't want to wait forever on your case, and that's why I always offer free cancellations, no questions asked.

The good news is that all the auxiliary parts (screws, USB-C, powerbutton etc...) are in the factory waiting, which makes for a quick assembly when all the parts are finally finished.

I will update you further when there are new updates!

Best wishes and a happy new year!

Audun

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
Does anyone have a recommendation of good case feet for this case? Either stick-on or screw-on. I plan on using this case horizontally. Won't probably using an M.2 SSD on the bottom of the mobo, but would still like to get some airflow there. It would be nice to be able to screw-in some nice metal case feet into the ventilation holes, so it won't ruin the paint if I ever decide to us the case vertically.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Does anyone have a recommendation of good case feet for this case? Either stick-on or screw-on. I plan on using this case horizontally. Won't probably using an M.2 SSD on the bottom of the mobo, but would still like to get some airflow there. It would be nice to be able to screw-in some nice metal case feet into the ventilation holes, so it won't ruin the paint if I ever decide to us the case vertically.
For rubber stick on feet in the pictures above I used these:

Amazon.com: Sound Addicted Subble 1.2'' (4 Pack) Silicone Feet Isolation for Amplifiers, Decks or Any Other Audio Equipment, Non-Skid Hemisphere with Adhesive (Sustain up to 24lb) | Subble : Electronics
For metal bolt on feet on my other Densium cases I used these:

Amazon.com: BLUECELL Pack of 4 pcs Aluminum Speaker Isolation Feet Pad for AMP Turntable HIFI Player : Electronics

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017

Thanks Aguda33. What length M4 screws did you use? I ordered the Ash Black case, so I'll need to try to find black metallic feet with M4 holes, but if I can't those silver ones you linked look pretty good.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
Thanks Aguda33. What length M4 screws did you use? I ordered the Ash Black case, so I'll need to try to find black metallic feet with M4 holes, but if I can't those silver ones you linked look pretty good.
I used M4x10 screws, M4 nuts and M5 washers.

mike349

Trash Compacter
Mar 28, 2017
I have been looking small, compact case for a while now (atm Im using DeskMini H110 for years and want to go over AMD AM5 Ryzen 7 7700) and it seems like Densium APU is the right one for my needs with GAN 250W PSU.
I have 1 question - If I order now, then how fast it will be delivered (Europe) ?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I have 1 question - If I order now, then how fast it will be delivered (Europe) ?
The latest update email from Densium did not commit to any specific timeline, just mentioning of at least 1 additional month to the original timeline of late December (website).

So my guess would be March given CNY is coming in 10 days and China takes a whole month off.

Aguda33

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 20, 2018
I know a lot of you are anxious for an update on the release of the case. Official word should be coming soon, I received an e-mail from Audun today so will share it here:

"Hello Hugo! Thanks for all your great photos! Sorry for not replying sooner, but it's been hard to answer e-mails at work due to slow internet and long hours! I've currently been away for almost 6 weeks, but will be home again January 19th!"

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
Received an update from Audun yesterday:

"The case is continuing being worked on until the chinese spring festival (January 23rd) and then they'll be on holiday for the next 2 weeks. Based on my information from supplier, I think it's unlikely the case will be finished before then.

We're looking at it being finished in February."