Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

0verflow

Cable Smoosher
Jun 8, 2022
I gave up and marked my order for cancellation 3 weeks ago. Now instead of waiting for my case to eventually ship I'm waiting for my money to eventually get refunded.
Similar situation here; I cancelled my order and purchased a "LZmod Case" from Taobao.
I hope we get a refund soon.

jcsato

Cable Smoosher
Jun 20, 2023
Ended up ordering a Stratos X and cancelling as well. Will keep watching this thread and update if/when my refund comes through. Here's hoping that everyone holding out gets their case and Audun comes up with a satisfactory resolution for folks!

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
such a shame cause I've got a Densium 4 v1 second-hand and it is a good case so this APU case would have been good too.

Wake me up when September ends . I'll hold out hopes until then, if there's no movement I'll reclaim the order and file a chargeback with my bank

Reactions: L91

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
The short answer is yes for know. it's not our preferred way, but we have some back orders and so took an unusual approach to ensuring they can be realised as well as making available what both ourselves, the manufacturer and anyone that's got one, tend to agree is a very high quality beautifully designed case.

With that in mind, There is no change in design or quality of materials. These remain as before T304 stainless steel and Aluminium powder coated.

We just hope Audun is ok, as I know now there is APU stock with the manufacturer that is sat awaiting shipping details. So really feel for anyone with outstanding orders direct with Densium for APU. I am almost sorry to reveal that info as it will be frustrating to know that they have been produced and are effectively just sat there.

just thought I crosspost this here for everybody involved, including myself. thanks @Otamot !

M.T

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2023
[…] Here's hoping that everyone holding out gets their case and Audun comes up with a satisfactory resolution for folks!
Sorry guys but no one including myself will hear about Audun again. Do not expect any refund or receive anything from this scam artist. The Densium website no longer exists.

Reactions: Exist50

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Sorry guys but no one including myself will hear about Audun again. Do not expect any refund or receive anything from this scam artist. The Densium website no longer exists.
It is clear he has not renewed domain reg as Shopify back end still exists https://densium.myshopify.com/
Other problem is there's 90 APU cases sat at the manufacturer, partially paid for.....

Last we and the manufacturer heard from him was at the end of May. A bit more poking to be done to find out what's happened to him.

Last edited:

M.T

Cable Smoosher
May 20, 2023
It is clear he has not renewed domain reg as Shopify back end still exists https://densium.myshopify.com/
Other problem is there's 90 APU cases sat at the manufacturer, partially paid for.....

Last we and the manufacturer heard from him was at the end of May. A bit more poking to be done to find out what's happened to him.
If I understood, when he wrote that the cases were awaiting transportation to the warehouse to be shipped it was one more lie whilst the real reason is simply because they haven't been totally paid for yet?

After all that why should we still trust this guy?

Reactions: Exist50

toaad3

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 14, 2023
If I understood, when he wrote that the cases were awaiting transportation to the warehouse to be shipped it was one more lie whilst the real reason is simply because they haven't been totally paid for yet?

yea f this Audun guy, mf scams people the website is down too

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021

Otamot, there's a lesson here for you as well. You were defending him and encouraging patience well after the broken promises started piling up. There are likely people here who will miss out on the opportunity to do a changeback because of your words.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk

You should of course make your own decisions on trust and how payments are made etc, just in case something goes awry for any reason. Certainly not follow a collective 'we'

But put yourself in the mindset of a scammer for a moment. It makes about as much sense as a chocolate tea pot to pay the majority of the cost to get a production run done, rather than just pocket all the money and run.

If you're right, it's a sad thing.

If he's injured or worse, well, that's a sad thing as well.

Exist50

Trash Compacter
Feb 25, 2021
You should of course make your own decisions on trust and how payments are made etc, just in case something goes awry for any reason. Certainly not follow a collective 'we'

But put yourself in the mindset of a scammer for a moment. It makes about as much sense as a chocolate tea pot to pay the majority of the cost to get a production run done, rather than just pocket all the money and run.

If you're right, it's a sad thing.

If he's injured or worse, well, that's a sad thing as well.
I don't believe he intended to scam people. You're correct to note that his actions are not in keeping with that. But it's an all too common story for inexperienced business owners to get in over their heads and make promises they can't fulfill, and it's the same result as far as the customer is concerned.

As I said months ago, I harbor no personal hostility, but this was billed as a business transaction, and should be treated accordingly. In niche hobbies like this, the line often blurs between purchasing a product (purely transactional) and investing in an idea (inherent risk). It's best if people clearly delineate which of the two they fall into, and make decisions with that in mind. And likewise for the merchant. If a payment is an investment, not a purchase, then put it on kickstarter or whatever. Don't call it a preorder.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I've had a lot of contact with Audun when everything was going in line for Densium as a company. I still hope it will get back to where it all began and I just can speak for myself as a reviewer and media representative, but also proud Densium customer. The amount of afford and passion Audun put into this project and every single customer, was brutal. So brutal that I was worried about his health cause of the time he was spending behind the scenes. I can just speak for myself when I say, that I know the feeling getting close and past burnout pushed by an obligation driven by passion. It feels right as you love doing it. But still the human body has limits that everyone needs to except. Densium was not his main job that brought him food on the table. And still he gave more then 100% to deliver our community something unique and affordable. I understand the anger and disappointed folks that are just waiting on their cases to be delivered, but I am more worried about Auduns health and wish him just the best for the future. Just get back to where it all began @Densium.net <3

P.S. I still have some content shot with the cases used and I hope I will be able to share during this fall...

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
any idea of the manufacturer's plan with those? I'm asking in case, if for whatever the reason, Audun will not be able to complete the rest of the payment and fulfilment of these 90 cases - what will happen to them?

morj

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Feb 11, 2020
backendIt is clear he has not renewed domain reg as Shopify back end still exists https://densium.myshopify.com/

Domain is now parked, Shopify backend now shows this:

Sorry, this store is currently unavailable​

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Domain is now parked, Shopify backend now shows this:

Sorry, this store is currently unavailable​

yup also noted that today. No joy getting any info on his whereabouts. It does look like he's simply run away from it all unless something untoward has happened to him

Still makes zero sense after he'd invested so much time and effort into it. Should have accepted or asked for some help. I'm sure many people within this community would have given him a hand during a difficult time.

Instead there's a mess left over for this case in particular.

Will look in the coming months to see what I can do to help rectify it for APU customers left in the dark. No idea how exactly how t this stage as it must be understood that we have zero access to any information / transactions with Densium.

We've got Densium 4+ V2 cases being packed at the moment to fulfill our obligation to customers that ordered the cases through us, there is also some free stock available for these.

We had to get some new gift packing boxes produced as well for them, perhaps we should have added our logo instead of the Densium one.... These and the D4+ are produced and financed completely independently of Audun/Densium. (The one on the left is our new one, right is the existing one subtle changes to improve the look and quality).

AUDUN, if in the event you ever read this. Just get in touch, let us at least help sort the mess out.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Will look in the coming months to see what I can do to help rectify it for APU customers left in the dark. No idea how exactly how t this stage as it must be understood that we have zero access to any information / transactions with Densium.
1 possible solution to this IMO is the manufacturer voids their contract with Densium as he's now non-compliant with certain clauses (given that there are such clauses). then the manufacturer can work with you to re-distribute the already produced stocks with a couple of wishes on my end (1) heavily discounted prices people with pending order like myself, personally I would be happy to pay the share of my order to make up the rest; and (2) given priority to customers with existing orders before selling the rest of the stock to public.

Reactions: heat and Aguda33

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
1 possible solution to this IMO is the manufacturer voids their contract with Densium as he's now non-compliant with certain clauses (given that there are such clauses). then the manufacturer can work with you to re-distribute the already produced stocks with a couple of wishes on my end (1) heavily discounted prices people with pending order like myself, personally I would be happy to pay the share of my order to make up the rest; and (2) given priority to customers with existing orders before selling the rest of the stock to public.
Something a bit like that we had in mind, but the contract manufacturer has a different idea which I don't favour particularly. This may take some time to try and steer them in the right and fair path.