Stalled [Pictures of Prototype] Densium APU, 3L, HDPLEX 250, 47mm cooler, Hardwood frontpanel

TomClosky

What's an ITX?
New User
Nov 21, 2023
Hi,

I have an order with #1734 from End of Dec. 22
1 x Densium APU × 1 Dark Walnut / Black
1 x Mini WI-FI Antennas

Thanks, Tom

cruzftl

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 20, 2023
A bit late to the party as well, but I have an APU order as follows:

Order #1766 placed on Jan 27, 2023
Qty 1 Black Ash / Black

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Thanks Overtek for doing this thankless work.

I too have ordered one way back on 27 Oct 2022, Order number #1588, Type: Black Ash / Black.

Reactions: rfarmer

dovestyle

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 12, 2023
Oh wow I didn't notice this! Is this still going on? Like I said back in May, I ordered an APU in mid-December '22. Order #1689, Dark Walnut / Black.

Can't believe it has come to this :(

Overtek, whether I get in on this or not, you're doing great work! <3

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
We were going to cut this off now.

The 19th November was the original cut off time but have let all the late arrivals join. Sorry if you missed out, but as mentioned before what we can do is not infinite.

Thank your for your patience with payment issues, that remains an unresolved 3rd party issue and although after 6 hours of support that particular quirk has yet to be resolved. Largely because the 3rd party works in a ridged box and won't accept an email to simulate that issue we think relates to changing exchange rates.

Back to the point, there will be some remain APU's available for sale. usual place www.overtek.co.uk. We expect to commencing shipping next week.

Will be back to our more familiar power supply territory shortly and if you like your Flex ATX quiet, modular, platinum efficient with all Japanese caps and solid secondaries we might have an interesting proposition very soon for an early bird offer on this a new 450W. Black with black cables and all on a single PCB by design. Hopefully more on this next week.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Thank your for your patience with payment issues, that remains an unresolved 3rd party issue and although after 6 hours of support that particular quirk has yet to be resolved. Largely because the 3rd party works in a ridged box and won't accept an email to simulate that issue we think relates to changing exchange rates.
Saw the new invoice came and paid immediately. Payment went through great! Looking forward to receive the case after so long. Keep being awesome mate!

Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
We were going to cut this off now.

The 19th November was the original cut off time but have let all the late arrivals join. Sorry if you missed out, but as mentioned before what we can do is not infinite.

Back to the point, there will be some remain APU's available for sale. usual place www.overtek.co.uk. We expect to commencing shipping next week.

Will be back to our more familiar power supply territory shortly and if you like your Flex ATX quiet, modular, platinum efficient with all Japanese caps and solid secondaries we might have an interesting proposition very soon for an early bird offer on this a new 450W. Black with black cables and all on a single PCB by design. Hopefully more on this next week.

Again, thank you for supporting the community. You've gone above and beyond.

As for the PSU.... Hmmm...Very interesting. Please tell me it will support 8 and 6 pin though. I ran into an issue on recent build to that.

Arnorec

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 29, 2023
A bit late to the party as well, but I have an APU order as follows:

Order #1709 placed on Dec 23, 2022
Qty 1 Dark Walnut / Silver

Seb

What's an ITX?
New User
Dec 7, 2023
Also late to the party, but I just saw this right now. I'm aware there was a cut-off, but posting just in case.

I had order #1729, placed Jan 2, 2023 (Dark Walnut / Black)

Thanks for trying to make something happen, hope some of us will get our cases after all!

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
OK these 2 ^^^^^^^^^ That's now it. Done. Closed. finite, the end.

We will now no longer respond to any further requests in relation to orders/contracts with the now seemingly defunct Densium

We've completed what we set out to do some time ago. This was to make available, for a finite (as in not forever!) period of time the option to those who'd ordered but did not receive a refund for the APUs a unit at a price significantly below cost.
As a business, it's simply not a viable option to keep that option open forever.

If you're still looking for an APU, there remains some available directly from our website with free shipping included.

Delivery time currently is around 12-15 days from the point of order.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Hi Overtek, many thanks for organising.

I had orders with Densium in October 2022

1x Densium APU Black Ash / Black and 1x Densium APU Dark Walnut / Silver
@beigeforest As the first recipient, on account of your unique location, would you be so kind as to post a couple of pictures of what you've received. 謝謝

Last edited:

beigeforest

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 16, 2023
To everyone who is waiting on your box, here is a quick glimpse on what you could expect in your shipment. The rejoicing in receiving the case is hard to describe in words after waiting for over a year with all the matters arising in between. Once again, many thanks for Overtek for organising the delivery.

Once your open your carton, you would expect a densium product box properly packing your chassis with acrylic back plate (2 types), wooden front panel and assembled chassis.

The outer shell of chassis is made of sandblasted aluminum. For silver variant, it is of its natural colour with a smooth finishing. Much finer than Jonsbo or Mechanic Master of similar colour. You can see I position the chassis to its front, with 2 mounting points of the power switch so that you can turn your front panel upside down.

Here is a shot of the backside of walnut coloured front panel. There is power button opening on bottom right corner while a USB-C opening on bottom left corner. Six threading were preinstalled for screwing magnet on which I presume to be.

The back side of case. You can see the steel inner part has cutout for single slot low profile card and slot for power connector when using HDplex GAN 250W PSU. The opening should be large enough for C14 plug that I will test later on.

There are two acrylic backplates for HDplex GAN 250W PSU and FlexATX PSU configurations. The exact installation method will be figured out later on.

The accessory box comes inside the chassis in bubble wrap. You can see a USB-C cable in anti-static package, the standard power power of bontique case and large number of screws. I will try to show you all the parts and installation in my next post.

There is also a mysterious steel rail taped to the accessory box.

On the 'top' side of the chassis, the outer shells are held onto steel structure using countersink hex screws.

Here is a glimpse on the black variant. It seems to be it is power coated rather than anodised. The screws are not blackened if you care about it.

And a shot of the Ash coloured wooden front panel.

I hope this post will keep you excited and wish you receive yours as your Christmas gift finally!

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
@beigeforest Thank you so much for posting that, you've gone above and beyond.

I've litterally just taken my hands out of a Densium 4 Plus. checking a Zotac 4070 Twin Edge for fitment. Its almost as predicted (although I'm not sure where they got their width measurements from as am MSI 4060ti Ventus 2X 16GB is supposed to be thicker, but certainly seemed thinner and is an easy fit.

For reference with Densium 4 plus the Zotac 4070 is sort of as expected. Deshrouded it would fit. Leaving the zotac as stock, with D4+ as it is, we be grinding out about an 80mm long elyptical shape with a peak depth of 4mm from stainless steel front panel bracket to allow for the curved piece of plastic (either that or chop the pastic). I'm going to give this bracket a grind out and see. Also looks like it maybe necessary to remove the back plate from the GPU.