Production ONE2 DISTRO 400 - A 12V Power distribution board

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Please don't. XD

I'll just be getting the board, as I already have a picopsu 150XT, and a 450W 12v psu. Way more affordable than HDPlex.

I don't think anyone was expecting or wants certifications; they raise cost.

Keep in mind the sync feature is only guaranteed to work with the plugin 120. Other brands I can't guarantee to trigger properly. This is due to 12V feedback.

Reactions: Windfall

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
The Distro 400 as the power control?

It is a bit overkill as the meanwell 400W is already in spec, but regular SSR can be quite expensive in small quantities.

What would the interface be? M.2 pcie x4?

I am also thinking of designing an egpu enclosure late this year.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
The Distro 400 as the power control?

It is a bit overkill as the meanwell 400W is already in spec, but regular SSR can be quite expensive in small quantities.

What would the interface be? M.2 pcie x4?

I am also thinking of designing an egpu enclosure late this year.
Hand't really thought anything through, just thinking use cases. Do you need some sort of sync with powering on the box and the GPU or are they typically hot-plugable?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hand't really thought anything through, just thinking use cases. Do you need some sort of sync with powering on the box and the GPU or are they typically hot-plugable?

A thunderbolt controller should be hot pluggable.

A m.2 x4 probably needs to be synced in some way.

But yeah, I'm thinking of designing a thunderbolt egpu for short gpus. The market for it is overpriced due to only a couple companies making it. And likely due to certification, which causes at least 5K alone.

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Any chance you could add an option for 4 pin to 8 pin cable to the cpu power cable option? My Asrock Ab350 has 8 pins.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Any chance you could add an option for 4 pin to 8 pin cable to the cpu power cable option? My Asrock Ab350 has 8 pins.

A 4 to 8 pin axtually makes no difference as the limiting factor is the pins. You're still limited by lower number if pins.

You can leave the other 4 pins unplugged it works just fine. My build is actually an asrock B350 as well.

Reactions: cj360

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Going to pull the trigger on this amazing product :)

I want to use this 550W PSU, just in case I need a little more power.
https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/alimentations-a-decoupage-integrables/1222485/

Questions :

- Right now, I'll use around 380W max.
To get more than 400W, if I upgrade my GPUs, is it possible to use two One2 boards in parallel ?
- according to the specs, ripple is 2%. The One2 board will take care of it, right ?

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Going to pull the trigger on this amazing product :)

I want to use this 550W PSU, just in case I need a little more power.
https://fr.rs-online.com/web/p/alimentations-a-decoupage-integrables/1222485/

Questions :

- Right now, I'll use around 380W max.
To get more than 400W, if I upgrade my GPUs, is it possible to use two One2 boards in parallel ?
- according to the specs, ripple is 2%. The One2 board will take care of it, right ?

Yes, up to 2% ripple. But you will need active cooling and going above 400W is at your own risk (which you are kinda crazy already :D )

Reactions: Windfall

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
OK thanks.

The One2 board will be placed in front of two 120 fans sucking air. Should be fine.

Regarding the use of two One2 boards in parallel, I can trigger both boads with the same signal coming from the Z2, right ?

In this use scenario, one board would be dedicated to the system, the other to both GPUs.

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
OK thanks.

The One2 board will be placed in front of two 120 fans sucking air. Should be fine.

Regarding the use of two One2 boards in parallel, I can trigger both boads with the same signal coming from the Z2, right ?

In this use scenario, one board would be dedicated to the system, the other to both GPUs.

You can use the same trigger signal.

For parallel operation, I'm not sure.

It's not quite parallel because you will have two gpus correct? That means the load device will be separate, but I'm not sure how that'll affect the inductance since technically they're not separate rails, if they are connected to a single psu.

So I can't say how it'll interact.

If you use two high current diodes, they can be treated as separate circuits.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Not sure to get what you meant !

In fact, I could use one "always ON" One2 board for the Z2-ATX-200, which will trigger an other One2 board powering my two GPUs ?

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Not sure to egt what you meant !

In fact, I could use one "always ON" One2 board for the Z2-ATX-200, which will trigger an other One2 board powerign my two GPUs.

So, when you choose inductors, you choose it based on the amount of inductance you have. It's a property, like resistance, or capacitance.

The issue is when you have parallel circuits, inductance change. So now it is no longer the amount of inductance you want for that particular circuit.

A diode, is a forward bias current device. It essentially only allows current to flow in direction, like a check valve. This can essentially help you isolate circuits.

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
OK, thanks for the explanations ;)

So, if I need more than 400W, I should be looking to an other solution, right ?

Zackmd1

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 3, 2016
I apologize if this has been answered already....

Can the ONE2 PLUGin 120 be paired with the UHP-350-12? The ripple spec for the UHP is what concerns me at 200mvp-p. Forgive me as I am not an electrical engineer but does that relate to the 2% ripple mentioned above?

My idea is to pair 2 of the 120s together. One for the main board and one for the GPU and sync them using the power sync pin from the main board 120 to the power ok pin of the GPU 120.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, up to 2% ripple. But you will need active cooling and going above 400W is at your own risk (which you are kinda crazy already :D )

Seeing that, how high have you pushed it past 400W?

And you know, if you need somebody who is willing to burn their house down, for a max load test, I might when I order mine!

Edit: I'll actually probably get two. XD

Reactions: annasoh323