News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
i hate that i've been bit by the midrange graphics card bug nowadays, because in the past i would've gotten that card in a heartbeat and put it in a low profile case. instead, i'm stuck with an rtx 2060 that pushes out way too much heat for my taste, lol

devinkato

Average Stuffer
Oct 17, 2016
i hate that i've been bit by the midrange graphics card bug nowadays, because in the past i would've gotten that card in a heartbeat and put it in a low profile case. instead, i'm stuck with an rtx 2060 that pushes out way too much heat for my taste, lol

Undervolt that sucker! Super easy to do, and HUGE thermal benefits for SFF without any performance loss.

Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Undervolt that sucker! Super easy to do, and HUGE thermal benefits for SFF without any performance loss.

funny you mention it, because i had been wanting to do it, but didn't, but then yesterday i decided to actually attempt it! and you're right, it does make a valuable difference!

i hate that it's not as simple as moving a voltage slider down though. and why does the custom curve sometimes change on its own? lol i mean wtf!

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Gigabyte is now throwing its hat into the ring! Their low-profile 1650 is going with the HDMI / DVI / DisplayPort output triple, as Zotac and Asus have chosen. It also has two fans, which seems better than the single fan they placed on their 1050s.

It'd be interesting if the last manufacturer to enter the market was the first to reach the shores of the US. ;)

Comrade

Caliper Novice
Oct 6, 2019
Try doing a custom fan/temp curve in msi afterburner or asus software, put vents on 50% max till 80C, and take the power limit down to minimum. Then try some intensive stuff and monitor temperatures and fan noise. You can also limit the max boost with the freq/temp curve. You should be able to find an optimum setting where you would be happy with the fan noise with a compromise of a few hundred max boost MHz down, which doesn't scale performance down much, 5% total in all I'd guess.
I have tried but left it default, custom curve doesnt make much sence in tight case. Im glad its quiet in idle and stable under load, the only thing i will do is drill lots of small holes in side panel to give it some fresh air.

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Well, I decided to return my unopened Zotac 1650, as things are getting pretty interesting!

Gigabyte is now throwing its hat into the ring! Their low-profile 1650 is going with the HDMI / DVI / DisplayPort output triple, as Zotac and Asus have chosen.

The product code for this card above is "GV-N1650OC-4GL", and it is the only gigabyte 1650 SKU that ends in the letter "L" (presumably standing for low profile, as is consistent for their old 1050ti lp and 750ti lp SKUs).

A few outlets have listed gigabyte's upcoming 1650 Super SKU list, and there's THREE cards in there with a SKU ending in "L" too:

GV-N165SOC-4GL (OC with GDDR6)
GV-N165SD6-4GL (no OC with GDDR6)
GV-N165S-4GL (base model with GDDR5? )

BTW, some stockists in Aus have started listing the LP gigabyte 1650: same price point as the Zotac Card

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Well, I decided to return my unopened Zotac 1650, as things are getting pretty interesting!

The product code for this card above is "GV-N1650OC-4GL", and it is the only gigabyte 1650 SKU that ends in the letter "L" (presumably standing for low profile, as is consistent for their old 1050ti lp and 750ti lp SKUs).

A few outlets have listed gigabyte's upcoming 1650 Super SKU list, and there's THREE cards in there with a SKU ending in "L" too:

BTW, some stockists in Aus have started listing the LP gigabyte 1650: same price point as the Zotac Card
Thanks for the update. FYI the gigabyte 1050ti has the usual minimum 40% fan curve.

Reactions: fleetfeather

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
Thanks for the update. FYI the gigabyte 1050ti has the usual minimum 40% fan curve.

Yeah it's a bit of a bummer, but at least the above seems to suggest that 1650 Supers can fit in a 75w TDP. I wonder if other AIBs will jump on board with some LP offerings too (hi Asus)

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
Gigabyte is now throwing its hat into the ring! Their low-profile 1650 is going with the HDMI / DVI / DisplayPort output triple, as Zotac and Asus have chosen. It also has two fans, which seems better than the single fan they placed on their 1050s.

Ooh, and it's not too long of a card, either! Oh man, if they'd have released this card earlier I'd have jumped at it instead of the Zotac offering. I'm betting the fans won't be as loud on that one, plus I get the impression that Gigabyte is likely the more reputable company of the two.

I'm happy to have been able to use the Zotac card for the past couple of months, but I'd be lying if I wasn't a little bit miffed at a more capable low profile card being released in the near future in the GTX 1650 Super. I don't know how much of a difference it'll make over the 1650. I'll be selfless and hope it's a significant difference. I probably won't hop on one if does materialize, though. At this point I think I'm gonna wait until an offering with HDMI 2.1 arises.

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
Whatever their business strategy is, sales of low-profile 1650 cards are still brisk. A couple of weeks ago, PC-Canada got five more cards, which sold fairly quickly. Last week they were resupplied again; they had nine in stock when I looked. Today, they are sold out again.

I'm kinda surprised that the various manufacturers aren't even trying to keep up with demand in this market. :(

McTeags

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 18, 2017
My guess at this point would be that the 1650 Super will be a replacement for the 1650 and partners knowing this don’t think production of a niche soon to be obsolete product makes sense?

ixit

Efficiency Noob
Oct 22, 2019
I have been aggressively hunting this Asus variant for a few weeks now that I know it's on the market (but not here in NA). The wait is holding me back from Borderlands 3 and Division 2! After some frankly exhaustive searches, I found a few sites in the UK and Germany which seem willing to ship the Asus model to the US for ~210-220 range, USD equiv, YMMV. I excluded any site which wouldn't allow me to use a payment processor I trust (hah!) such as Paypal or Amazon Pay.

To summarize, I generally searched Google for the exact model (using quotes) which I wanted, and varied a bit by adding stuff like Amazon Pay, Paypal, Ship to US, USA, etc. Google translate was used extensively, and in the end, the two links below seemed to be the safest that ship to the US, although I suggest conducting basic reputation research about KSN-online, since I did not. There were additional vendors, but most were indecipherable even with Google Translate or did not ship to USA.

Please be cautious if you go this route, as you may have weaker standing against your vendor in the event of shipping issues and for warranty claims.

140.66 + 38.33 Euro = $209 USD https://m.computeruniverse.net/en/asus-geforce-gtx1650-o4g-lp-brk-40-gb
138.03 + 24.81 GBP = $209 USD http://www.ksn-online.co.uk/asus-ge...i-express-301485mhz-1740mhz8002m-p-20982.html
Updated prices. Comment: I found the official ordering part number as: 90YV0D30-M0NA00 which may help in searches.

Last edited:

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
...and Zotac continues to resupply the Canadians; PC-Canada now has another nine cards in stock. I guess US citizens will have to just start importing cards. :(

RichterSnipes

Trash Compacter
Aug 17, 2019
I have been aggressively hunting this Asus variant for a few weeks now that I know it's on the market (but not here in NA). The wait is holding me back from Borderlands 3 and Division 2! After some frankly exhaustive searches, I found a few sites in the UK and Germany which seem willing to ship the Asus model to the US for ~210-220 range, USD equiv, YMMV. I excluded any site which wouldn't allow me to use a payment processor I trust (hah!) such as Paypal or Amazon Pay.

To summarize, I generally searched Google for the exact model (using quotes) which I wanted, and varied a bit by adding stuff like Amazon Pay, Paypal, Ship to US, USA, etc. Google translate was used extensively, and in the end, the two links below seemed to be the safest that ship to the US, although I suggest conducting basic reputation research about KSN-online, since I did not. There were additional vendors, but most were indecipherable even with Google Translate or did not ship to USA.

Please be cautious if you go this route, as you may have weaker standing against your vendor in the event of shipping issues and for warranty claims.
If you've waited this long, I'd honestly wait another week or so to see if the low-profile variants of the GTX 1650 Super materialize. It's still supposed to come out this month. It should, in theory, be a nice step up from the 1650. And if past rumors are to be believed, ASUS should be making one themselves. Given, that was back when the card was referred to as the 1650 Ti, but I don't see why it couldn't come out if their 1650 version has (and if low-profile 1650 Super cards come out at all, of course).

Those two listings are certainly something to consider for those who need something ASAP, though.

Reactions: ixit

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
If you've waited this long, I'd honestly wait another week or so to see if the low-profile variants of the GTX 1650 Super materialize. It's still supposed to come out this month. It should, in theory, be a nice step up from the 1650. And if past rumors are to be believed, ASUS should be making one themselves. Given, that was back when the card was referred to as the 1650 Ti, but I don't see why it couldn't come out if their 1650 version has (and if low-profile 1650 Super cards come out at all, of course).

Those two listings are certainly something to consider for those who need something ASAP, though.

given that the 1650 is a bit disappointing in terms of how little a step up the 1050ti it is, i also think the 1650 super would be a much more interesting deal!

Comrade

Caliper Novice
Oct 6, 2019
given that the 1650 is a bit disappointing in terms of how little a step up the 1050ti it is, i also think the 1650 super would be a much more interesting deal!
Its 30% faster than 1050ti, seem not that little to me. 1650 super will be 10-15% faster, 15-20% more expensive and more interesting in january 2020.

Last edited:

Comrade

Caliper Novice
Oct 6, 2019

140.66 + 38.33 Euro = $209 USD https://m.computeruniverse.net/en/asus-geforce-gtx1650-o4g-lp-brk-40-gb
140.87 + 24.81 GBP = $211 USD http://www.ksn-online.co.uk/asus-ge...i-express-301485mhz-1740mhz8002m-p-20982.html

Computeruniverse has good reputation. I saw ppl buying bunch of hardware to get free shipping to RU) Asus has global warranty as far as i know..

Reactions: ixit

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
Its 30% faster than 1050ti, seem not that little to me. 1650 super will be 10-15% faster, 15-20% more expensive and more interesting in january 2020.

you're probably right, i think i've just personally put my lowest acceptable perf for a "new" budget card to at least match a 1060 3gb, lol