News NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Launching April 2019

ixit

Efficiency Noob
Oct 22, 2019
Given the extensive wait on a 1650 LP from launch of the standard profile, to LP announcement, to LP availability, I'm going to take my chances with the regular. :( And buy a tower for my next box, as this one does exactly what it needs to do.

Reactions: Copernicus

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
There certainly doesn't seem to be a shortage of these cards; Zotac continues to resupply PC-Canada, they now have 17 in stock. I'd love to know why they can't just send a handful to the US...

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016

fleetfeather

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 20, 2017
If that would mean no LP card, that would suck big time!

I suppose they could still come out with a 75w "1650 ti" alongside a 100w "1650 super".

I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen a low-profile GPU (even in the quadro/firepro space) that had a 6-pin or 8-pin power connector? Perhaps on the front of the card so that the total height doesn't exceed the LP bracket?

If so, maybe that's the intent of some AIBs. If not, maybe the AIBs just didn't anticipate the 100w TDP when listing their SKUs

CottonTexas

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 14, 2019
I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen a low-profile GPU (even in the quadro/firepro space) that had a 6-pin or 8-pin power connector? Perhaps on the front of the card so that the total height doesn't exceed the LP bracket?

If so, maybe that's the intent of some AIBs. If not, maybe the AIBs just didn't anticipate the 100w TDP when listing their SKUs

The Radeon HD 7850 is a LP card with a 130w draw. I can't say with 100% certainty, but it looks like there's a 6-pin(?) on the rear of the card. Not that I would venture to call this "common", but hey, I'm a bit surprised they threw a 130w card onto a LP board at all. Cotton

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
It's a shame that we won't have a better card than 1650 at 75W.
Or, maybe some AIB's will downclock the 1650 Super to fit in the envelope? It's gotta be easily doable...

Copernicus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2019
I just noticed that multiple Russian sites (and a Ukranian site) now report having the Gigabyte card in stock, in quantity. Haven't found it anywhere else yet.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019
i haven't been able to stop myself from keeping an eye on stocks available here in Canada and it's gotten more regular. however, everything i'm reading is pointing towards this Zotac model being LOUD, including the only 2 reviews on newegg being very clear on that!

ixit

Efficiency Noob
Oct 22, 2019
I just noticed that multiple Russian sites (and a Ukranian site) now report having the Gigabyte card in stock, in quantity. Haven't found it anywhere else yet.
I refuse to buy Gigabyte anymore. They don't seem to provide updates, and I won't support a company that doesn't maintain their stuff. Nobody's perfect, but Asus and MSI seem to be a bit better about it. I am uninformed on the Zotac front.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
GPU drivers are straight from AMD/NVidia, it's not like motherboards. What updates? Fan controllers like MSI and Sapphire has?