Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
It might have been discussed but now im curious. Can the top hat be placed to the bottom? And if so, does it screw on there? I might have to have the stack unit on the bottom in order to successfully get my custom loop going without any kinks.
yes, the stack unit can be installed top or bottom.

Fiction

Chassis Packer
Jun 6, 2019
anyone trying to use a hdplex 800 or a gunique psu to save space. how easy is it to mount those types of power supplies in this case. and mount a ddc or d5 pump at the same time.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Here's the final revision before I start tubing. Tx240 slim rad with 2x brown noctua fans pushing up.

Also used fan coil frames to prevent cables from damaging the rad fins. With custom cables, it creates more room for proper ventilation.

Fan cables are routed around the radiator for management.

It's best for my to cover the psu screws that's on the spine is to use electric tape. My gpu back is exposed with no backplate. So to prevent any damages to the GPU would be using electric tape on the screws.

Nouvolo steck watercool plan

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Is it just the photo shoot angle or is the reservoir tilted slightly? Anyway to line it up straight? It would then be perfect I think
It is tilted. But I will use double side sticky tape to hold it down. I purposely left it a bit loose so it's easy to drain the water out from bottom if anything.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
mhmm makes sense, idk if it would be efficient cooling a 2080ti and a 8/16 cpu with just a slim 240mm rad but it might be doable. maybe not a lot of overclocking headroom tho i guess.
For that go dual rads. I am currently testing out my slim rad with normal noctua pwm fan to cool my 2060 and 2700x.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Here is the finished build...for now.
Finished build. Dealing with high CPU temps but can be fixed with another 240mm rad on top.
During GPU stress test, it got to 54°c maxed. CPU temps are normal but I kinda expected because I would need another rad and I might order one from bykski since most of my watercool parts are bykski except the phanteks glacier r160 due to short height to fit :)

Parts used
Noctua pwm fans
Xspc tx240 slim rad
90° fittings and barbs from bykski
Bykski CPU am4 waterblock with oled
Bykski zotac 2060 amp/2070 mini block
Phanteks glacier r160 w/bykski ddc pump

Build:
2700x
Asus x470i
Zotac rtx 2060 amp
Corsair sf600 gold
Team force nighthawk rgb ram

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Here is the finished build...for now.
Finished build. Dealing with high CPU temps but can be fixed with another 240mm rad on top.
During GPU stress test, it got to 54°c maxed. CPU temps are normal but I kinda expected because I would need another rad and I might order one from bykski since most of my watercool parts are bykski except the phanteks glacier r160 due to short height to fit :)

Parts used
Noctua pwm fans
Xspc tx240 slim rad
90° fittings and barbs from bykski
Bykski CPU am4 waterblock with oled
Bykski zotac 2060 amp/2070 mini block
Phanteks glacier r160 w/bykski ddc pump

Build:
2700x
Asus x470i
Zotac rtx 2060 amp
Corsair sf600 gold
Team force nighthawk rgb ram

Build looks good, nicely done. In the pics you don't have any case feet, are you running this without them? That would account for higher than expected temps.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Here is the finished build...for now...
Thanks for having faith in Steck and building the first one with a custom loop (as far as I know) in the community.

It is a big investment and I am so glad that it has worked out for you. I will discuss with my partners what kind of perks we can offer you in return of this endeavor. ?

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Thanks for having faith in Steck and building the first one with a custom loop (as far as I know) in the community.

It is a big investment and I am so glad that it has worked out for you. I will discuss with my partners what kind of perks we can offer you in return of this endeavor. ?
Oh? Thanks :) you didn't have to. But if anything, another stack unit would be fine to fit a 2nd radiator ?? jk.

Reactions: rfarmer

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
That is the link to more pics. But now im trying to figure out why the temps displayed on the bykski block kept rising. CPU temps were at 70c during gaming and 54c for GPU. Maybe a slim 240mm rad is not enough to cool a 2700x and zotac rtx 2060 amp (mini).

Reactions: snailonni

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
That is the link to more pics. But now im trying to figure out why the temps displayed on the bykski block kept rising. CPU temps were at 70c during gaming and 54c for GPU. Maybe a slim 240mm rad is not enough to cool a 2700x and zotac rtx 2060 amp (mini).

70 C seems pretty good considering that you have both the CPU and GPU on 1 240mm rad. Does it run any cooler if you lift it higher? My only thought is that the feet might be too short for optimal airflow.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

I have the 34mm Swiftech radiator cooling my delidded 8700k and RTX 2070, was just playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider and max single core temp was 63C with 55C being the average. GPU was 50C max and 45C average. Might be the thicker rad and might be mine being top mounted, I am getting about 5C better than when it was bottom mounted. How fast are you running your pump and fans?