Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I ordered on May 10th and just got my tracking number which says should be delivered on the 21st! This is for west coast USA.
That's 11 days? It will probably arrive in couple days if W. Coast?
Even for our regular process, we handle orders only on weekly basis, so it can be on record for about 7 days before it gets sent out.

Please understand that we only started selling our first product less than 2 months ago (Nouvolo is officially less than 2 month old baby), we don't have the scale to handle orders on daily basis, such as Apple, Dell, Amazon etc..

Since we selling for less than 2 months, nobody could have waited longer than 2 months LoL

Last edited:
Reactions: indyfromoz

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I live in California and I got mine within days mainly because I am a few hours away from LA.

Oh and when will the extra stack units be available? I should have gotten the extra stack so I can have dual 240mm custom loop.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
For our "next product" ?, we won't launch for sale until we stock up over in the US. Just want to let you know that we care for our Americas buyers ?. Hopefully you will get your product earlier with respect to the order/payment you make.

Reactions: Chinaman

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
For our "next product" ?, we won't launch for sale until we stock up over in the US. Just want to let you know that we care for our Americas buyers ?. Hopefully you will get your product earlier with respect to the order/payment you make.
I already got my case. Just plan on doing single 240mm loop with 2070 and 2700x (or maybe 3600x for lower tdp).

Seeing that maybe a dual 240mm will be best option for cooling and performance.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
I already got my case. Just plan on doing single 240mm loop with 2070 and 2700x (or maybe 3600x for lower tdp).

Seeing that maybe a dual 240mm will be best option for cooling and performance.
I'm planning on a single 240 loop at some point, still haven't got to the bottom of the Pump/Res/Rad choices yet though.
What are you planning to use?

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Tracking info sent out by email. Let me know if you haven't received it. Sorry, status online, but I was actually not at my desk.

Thanks! Can confirm that I received a tracking code.

Buyer expectations was set earlier in the week, so was a bit disappointed at the lack of communication when it came to the delays.

Will give an update when I receive it later in the week.

Last edited:

sixxxshooter

Minimal Tinkerer
May 16, 2019
Thanks! Can confirmed that I received a tracking code.

Buyer expectations was set earlier in the week, so was a bit disappointed at the lack of communication when it came to the delays.

Will give an update when I receive it later in the week.

I received my tracking number too and I think it will be delivered today. Thanks for the update, Nouvolo. I'll post pics when I have everything setup.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I'm planning on a single 240 loop at some point, still haven't got to the bottom of the Pump/Res/Rad choices yet though.
What are you planning to use?
If I remove the fan below Psu, I was thinking phanteks glacier r160. And I can do this because I have a shorter gpu (ventus 2070).

Last edited:
Reactions: LexImatx

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Note on delivery lead times: Based on our experience so far, we will wait for at least 3 days before we place the orders in queue for delivery process. Order will just be held in pending status for first 3 days because there are cases where some buyers will decide to cancel, and that will happen most likely in the first 3 days (regretting after impulsive clicks). Just say we give buyers a 3 days cool down period internally, and it can save a lot of hassles later on.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Would appreciate if you could post some pics on reddit also. It would help with our sales.
Note: We are close to meeting our target with suppliers contract. Once we fulfill our current contract we can move on to update versions and new product models. ?
I will once I get my custom cables. And if I get refunded the Corsair aio for buggy product, I will go custom loop. With either a single 240mm or dual 240mm with 2 top hats, but I only have 1. Could use another white stack unit

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
If I remove the fan below Psu, I was thinking phanteks glacier r160. And I can do this because I have a shorter gpu (ventus 2070).
I've looked at the glacier units, but I wasn't sure how I could fix it. Would you drill some extra holes or would you just use some sticky pads?
I find it difficult to visualise it without all the parts. Haha

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I've looked at the glacier units, but I wasn't sure how I could fix it. Would you drill some extra holes or would you just use some sticky pads?
I find it difficult to visualise it without all the parts. Haha
If you have a shorter Gpu, you can fit the r160 next to your gpu. I would use sticky tape to mount it on the wall Gpu side. It's better to use DC pump for that reservoir for better heat dissipation. Or mount it under the psu where the holes are at.

Reactions: LexImatx

Doc

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 21, 2019
@Nouvolo First, congrats on the release.

Second, you also need some more video material. I for example am torn between the steck and dan A4. But can't make a educated decision because of the lack of quality video reviews (with some glamour shots) and yes, i know about Tek.

ps. If anyone has some side by side/comparison shots of the steck and dan a4. Hit me up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nouvolo

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Well, 2 days ago I built my PC on the case and here's what I have to say about it:

The case came very well protected. No issues at all, everything was unscratched nor damaged. It was relatively easy to build in, maybe I was stupid but I put everything together and forgot the top, so when everything was built I had to attach it and it was difficult, specially because one of the already fixed screws (the ones that attach the front and rear to the sort of brackets for the sides) came so tight I literally broke it while taking it out. Had to take a really nice screwdriver and all the strength of 3 men (one by one, of course) to take it out. Apart from that, nothing else was wrong with the structure. And the under filter is a must, really handy.

About the sides, I put up the magnetic strips and set both sides and top side under a ton of books for 5 hours (while building it and sorting the cables). They are AMAZING. Can't say it louder, the best system I've ever used.

Buuuuut one downside I have is that even having all alligned, the TG sides can't be fitted properly. One of them has 2 holes always misalligned. So no chance. The other one fits but only if I put 2 rubber washers on 2 of the screws. Then the other 2 screws can screw-in without it, and it is secured, although I am concerned that if I move it around it may break. So for moving it I will use the alluminum side, and once set up, the TG.

Now it is not a problem having one of the TG sides completely useless, as I use the alluminum side for GPU, and the TG for the CPU side. But I would like to know what are the possibilites to address the problem now.

And lastly some pics, I know there are cables here and there, but they were taken while trying to fix the mess of the H100i pro. TOO MANY CABLES, CORSAIR. In comparison, that afternoon I built my friend his PC in my old case (Fractal Design Mini C) with the Celsius S24, and it was so easy we kept thinking we forgot something. Use the pic as size comparison too, it's shocking. It fits in my bagpack! (Sorry about quality, have a normal phone and can't take dark photos with illumination in action).

Parts of the PC:
Mobo
: Asus ROG Strix B450i
CPU: Ryzen 1500X
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200Mhz
Storage: Samsung 860 M.2 500GB as main drive, temporary Samsung 850 EVO 250GB. Gonna upgrade it to a 1TB in the future.
PSU: Corsair SF600
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 1060 OC
Cooling: Corsair H100i Pro

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
... Buuuuut one downside I have is that even having all alligned, the TG sides can't be fitted properly. One of them has 2 holes always misalligned. So no chance. The other one fits but only if I put 2 rubber washers on 2 of the screws. Then the other 2 screws can screw-in without it, and it is secured, although I am concerned that if I move it around it may break. So for moving it I will use the alluminum side, and once set up, the TG ...

Suggest you lay the case down on its side, then place the glass panel on and align the holes. I find it much easier that way, without the need to keep holding the glass panel up (if the case was positioned up right).

For the cables you can try fold up the extra slack and hide them in the gap behind the PSU.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Suggest you lay the case down on its side, then place the glass panel on and align the holes. I find it much easier that way, without the need to keep holding the glass panel up (if the case was positioned up right).

For the cables you can try fold up the extra slack and hide them in the gap behind the PSU.

Already tried that. The metal sides fit perfectly in both sides, no misalignment. The TG on the other hand, can't make them match. And the one that barely fits, is too scary to try and move around. It's probably something about my allignment anyways, no one said anything about it before. We can address the problem via Private Messages so we don't bloat the thread.

And the cables were propely routed after the pics. Now it looks nicer. Not a problem with the case, but with Corsair and the mess it's AIO is.

Last edited:

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Case arriving tomorrow. Fast shipping from LA as it was mailed out on the weekend and yesterday was a holiday here in Canada.

Thinking of doing an amateur unboxing video and build log once my SF750 comes in (although my temporary SF450 is perfect for my i7-8700 and RTX 2060).

I went for the 750 because it's completely silent (no fans) under 300W :p

JDragon

Average Stuffer
Aug 22, 2018
I am thinking about getting a Steck to anodize or cerakote silver. Is there a particular color that would be the best option for this? Also, is the power button removable?