Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Nouvolo Steck rgb build

Here is the link to the pictures of the nouvolo steck and build as requested. Sorry about taken down recent one because of many downvotes. Here is a private link so only you guys see. Thanks :)

Great setup and pics! Thanks for posting (or having posted) on reddit, I think it has driven up my website traffic and sales in recent days, despite the downvotes. I did try to market it when it was first launched but reddit seems not very warm to posts with commercial motivation. So I have decided to just let users post there if they want to and I (aka Nouvolo/macbosco) will just go silent there.

It still baffles me that Louqe gets so much love from their fanbois to the point that their fans/buyers take it into their own hands to provide customer service and provide ETA to other buyers. And yet nobody points out the "oddest" thing is that no official person has really shown up so far... (at least out in public domain). We just keep hearing things that seem to be going on in Slack channel. Does this stuff actually exist? Are these fanbois stooges? Then they might as well do proper official customer service?

You know what, it can save me lots of work and time if Steck buyers do the same LoL. ?. Anybody here wants to handle the daily emails I get from (potential) buyers ?

Is it just me? Feeling the need or it's just proper to "stick my head out" when I am taking people's money to deliver some products? I can't think why I have to hide myself if I am not scamming anybody. I am sure Louqe is for real, but maybe not in a way similar to other vendors out there...

Last edited:

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
It is a shame about the downvotes, but I am not terribly surprised after seeing the reaction from this forum. I will say this since I own both cases. I think the Steck is a very worthy option, the Ghost S1 is extremely nice but you pay for it. What you get included with the Steck make it one hell of a deal.
I canceled my order with Louqe because they have amazon for shipping and amazon is failing on fulfilling the orders. So I went with nouvolo instead. And the case has glass panel :)

Reactions: rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Great setup and pics! Thanks for posting (or having posted) on reddit, I think it has driven up my website traffic and sales in recent days, despite the downvotes. I did try to market it when it was first launched but reddit seems not very warm to posts with commercial motivation. So I have decided to just let users post there if they want to and I (aka Nouvolo/macbosco) will just go silent there.

It still baffles me that Louqe gets so much love from their fanbois to the point that their fans/buyers take it into their own hands to provide customer service and provide ETA to other buyers. And yet nobody points out the "oddest" thing is that no official person has really shown up so far... (at least out in public domain). We just keep hearing things that seem to be going on in Slack channel. Does this stuff actually exist? Are these fanbois stooges? Then they might as well do proper official customer service?

You know what, it can save me lots of work and time if Steck buyers do the same LoL. ?. Anybody here wants to handle the daily emails I get from (potential) buyers ?

Is it just me? Feeling the need or it's just proper to "stick my head out" when I am taking people's money to deliver some products? I can't think why I have to hide myself if I am not scamming anybody. I am sure Louqe is for real, but maybe not in a way similar to other vendors out there...

I have to admit this was one of the things that I really disliked about Louqe. Before their Kickstarter campaign they were regularly posting both here at SFF and at [H]ard, once Kickstarter went live they pretty much disappeared. And like you say the fanboys are very quick to defend them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
Ordered a Steck - Base + Stack bundle on 9/May, can't wait to get it in my hands! Anyone here knows what is the wait time before one is shipped out? (I am in Sydney, Australia)

JustinDulay

Caliper Novice
May 3, 2019
Has anyone tried the base unit with a Radeon VII? I'm not sure about the card's height, it seems like there's not enough clearance for the PCIE cables?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Ordered a Steck - Base + Stack bundle on 9/May, can't wait to get it in my hands! Anyone here knows what is the wait time before one is shipped out? (I am in Sydney, Australia)
It should be sent out this week. We are targeting to fulfill all orders up to current by end of this week. i.e. catch up to all back orders.
Going forward we will continue to fulfill orders on a weekly basis, i.e. deliver orders collected over the past 7 days (on every Tues/Wed).

PeacefulDiscord

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
Finally, both my AIOs arrived and decided to complete my build.

Few things of note, ended up going H100i for the CPU and H55 for the GPU so moved both my 2.5 drives to the top steck unit. Another thing I had to do was drill holes into one of the aluminium side panels in order to screw it in to the GPU side as the AIO tubes were slightly pushing against the panel and I don't think the magnets would have held up. But I can confirm that a G12 + H55 fit in the Steck just fine.

@macbosco one trouble I had with the tempered glass panels was that I couldn't align the holes up with the ones on the case. Is there a guide on how to install the panels correctly? I managed to force the panel on the CPU side just to get it to fit.

Here are some photos of my setup:

PeacefulDiscord

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
Nouvolo Steck rgb build

Here is the link to the pictures of the nouvolo steck and build as requested. Sorry about taken down recent one because of many downvotes. Here is a private link so only you guys see. Thanks :)

Dude, that build looks sick. I really wanted to go the white colored route but it doesn't match anything else on my desk so decided against it. Maybe in the future haha

Reactions: Mistercloudz

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
Finally, both my AIOs arrived and decided to complete my build.

Few things of note, ended up going H100i for the CPU and H55 for the GPU so moved both my 2.5 drives to the top steck unit. Another thing I had to do was drill holes into one of the aluminium side panels in order to screw it in to the GPU side as the AIO tubes were slightly pushing against the panel and I don't think the magnets would have held up. But I can confirm that a G12 + H55 fit in the Steck just fine.

@macbosco one trouble I had with the tempered glass panels was that I couldn't align the holes up with the ones on the case. Is there a guide on how to install the panels correctly? I managed to force the panel on the CPU side just to get it to fit.

Here are some photos of my setup:

I had an issue with the panels not sitting flush due to the layout of the case. You can remove & reattach portions of the frame to get the case to be more square, after that my panels are now flush and I can only imagine this is the same issue. Something that worked for me was reinstalling certain parts of the frame while the rest of the chassis/build was in place, but I can't recommend that as I think that might put unnecessary stress on some of the screws. Note: SFF noob here.

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Curious if anyone received any tracking numbers this week? Seems like I won't be getting mine in time for the Canadian long weekend :(

sixxxshooter

Minimal Tinkerer
May 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I ordered my case on April 30th and I have still not received any shipment notification. When could I be expecting it to ship? Thank you!

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
It should be sent out this week. We are targeting to fulfill all orders up to current by end of this week. i.e. catch up to all back orders.
Going forward we will continue to fulfill orders on a weekly basis, i.e. deliver orders collected over the past 7 days (on every Tues/Wed).

So, I have my order sitting right next to me. Timeline -

1. Picked up 11:25AM AEST, Thursday May 16 2019
2. Arrived in Sydney 1:00AM AEST, Friday May 17 2019
3. Delivered 1:30PM AEST, Friday May 17 2019

Hats off to Nouvolo --

1. For being transparent with delivery promises and actually keeping their word.
2. For using DHL, probably the best shipping service provider.
3. For the packaging and labelling of the shipping box.

I have a box of parts sitting at home waiting to go in the Steck. I will post updates here as I progress through the build and post back with my experience using the Steck for my build.

At this stage, it is 10/10 for Customer Service and Shipping by Nouvolo!

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
So, I have my order sitting right next to me. Timeline -

1. Picked up 11:25AM AEST, Thursday May 16 2019
2. Arrived in Sydney 1:00AM AEST, Friday May 17 2019
3. Delivered 1:30PM AEST, Friday May 17 2019

Hats off to Nouvolo --

1. For being transparent with delivery promises and actually keeping their word.
2. For using DHL, probably the best shipping service provider.
3. For the packaging and labelling of the shipping box.

I have a box of parts sitting at home waiting to go in the Steck. I will post updates here as I progress through the build and post back with my experience using the Steck for my build.

At this stage, it is 10/10 for Customer Service and Shipping by Nouvolo!

You got it in less than a week, wow. Shipped directly from HK?

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
I'm really torn at getting this case or the Dan... I love the Dan look and this is very similar, but with expansion built in mind.

I'm going to be using a Ryzen 7 2700X or maybe the 2700 & a Radeon VII.

Would these be good in this case?

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
I'm really torn at getting this case or the Dan... I love the Dan look and this is very similar, but with expansion built in mind.

I'm going to be using a Ryzen 7 2700X or maybe the 2700 & a Radeon VII.

Would these be good in this case?
I'll be using the 2700 or 2700X with an AIO (and eventually a custom loop). The performance Vs price just makes sense.
As for the GPU I'm not overly familiar with the Radeon cards anymore, but after a quick search it doesn't look like you'd have any clearance issues.
The Asus card is 267mm length and 42mm width, so it should fit no problem.

Reactions: Dazr87

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
I'll be using the 2700 or 2700X with an AIO (and eventually a custom loop). The performance Vs price just makes sense.
As for the GPU I'm not overly familiar with the Radeon cards anymore, but after a quick search it doesn't look like you'd have any clearance issues.
The Asus card is 267mm length and 42mm width, so it should fit no problem.
yeah, the price difference is like $10 more for the Steck. I think it might be a bit of a better option, just purely because for that extra $10 i get the 2 stack bundle. With the DAN i guess i have no real expansion or upgrade options. I think I might actually go for the Steck instead.

Whats the build quality like? Seems pretty decent

Reactions: LexImatx

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
yeah, the price difference is like $10 more for the Steck. I think it might be a bit of a better option, just purely because for that extra $10 i get the 2 stack bundle. With the DAN i guess i have no real expansion or upgrade options. I think I might actually go for the Steck instead.

Whats the build quality like? Seems pretty decent
I started thinking about an SFF build when I found the DAN case online...then I decided I liked the Loque which led me to this site and in turn to the Steck.
I know the struggle of trying to find the right case. Haha

The build quality really impressed me. Feels solid and it goes together fairly easily. The power button has a nice click to it which is weirdly important to me for some reason. Haha
There are likely to be a few revisions of the case in the future, but it seems really good so far.

I'm kinda regretting not getting the 2 stack bundle just for the extra space when I eventually sort out a custom loop, but I'll maybe buy another case in the future and get one then.

Reactions: Dazr87

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
I started thinking about an SFF build when I found the DAN case online...then I decided I liked the Loque which led me to this site and in turn to the Steck.
I know the struggle of trying to find the right case. Haha

The build quality really impressed me. Feels solid and it goes together fairly easily. The power button has a nice click to it which is weirdly important to me for some reason. Haha
There are likely to be a few revisions of the case in the future, but it seems really good so far.

I'm kinda regretting not getting the 2 stack bundle just for the extra space when I eventually sort out a custom loop, but I'll maybe buy another case in the future and get one then.
Pretty much exactly how I found this site lol. Started looking at smaller cases, saw the H200i, then the Node 202, then the Dan, Loque, Steck... Yeah I think purely from an expandability standpoint, I'm going to go with the Steck. It just feels like the better choice and gives more options on the build.

Also, I do like a nice clicky power button!

What would be a good Air Cooler for this? I was looking at the Alpenfohn Black Ridge or the Cryorig C7 Cu. Amd stock fans will barely fit i think

Last edited:
Reactions: LexImatx