Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
That information is very useful.

Can confirm that my Ghost or SM550 length cables fit great in the Steck with the exception of the 24 pin. This is simply because the PSU sits a little lower in the Steck and that cable has more trouble getting around the corner of the PSU to the motherboard connector. An extra 1/2 inch will do the trick.

Case is great though, love the glass panels and the build quality is solid. It's quite excellent for the price. I'll be replacing the power button though, the stock one is a little loose.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Can confirm that my Ghost or SM550 length cables fit great in the Steck with the exception of the 24 pin. This is simply because the PSU sits a little lower in the Steck and that cable has more trouble getting around the corner of the PSU to the motherboard connector. An extra 1/2 inch will do the trick.

Case is great though, love the glass panels and the build quality is solid. It's quite excellent for the price. I'll be replacing the power button though, the stock one is a little loose.
I already ordered custom cables LOUQE ghost size and left a note to put Nouvolo Steck. So hopefully that’s been noted in the order.

Reactions: paradigmpost

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
got the case. quality wise its not bad. just have to consider price to quality ratio.

thanks for the affordable ghost case. next rev imho sheets of metal should be a little bit thicker. but was surprised on how I liked the magnet version a little bit better. thermals are quite good on this and replacing parts should be easy.

will post pics later.

Reactions: rfarmer and Nouvolo

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Well good news and bad news. My GPU block will be here tomorrow but I found out my radiator will not fit in the Stack. I am using a Swiftech MCRx20-QP Res Rev 2 which has a built in reservoir, problem is it is 299.2mm long. I was really hoping there would be enough space it the Stack but with the mounting brackets no way it will fit.

I had planned on doing this build in the Steck because I think the overall design works better for water cooling than the Ghost and I was going to do an upcoming all AMD build in the Ghost, The radiator will fit in the Ghost so I guess I will save the Steck for the AMD build.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
Well good news and bad news. My GPU block will be here tomorrow but I found out my radiator will not fit in the Stack. I am using a Swiftech MCRx20-QP Res Rev 2 which has a built in reservoir, problem is it is 299.2mm long. I was really hoping there would be enough space it the Stack but with the mounting brackets no way it will fit.

I had planned on doing this build in the Steck because I think the overall design works better for water cooling than the Ghost and I was going to do an upcoming all AMD build in the Ghost, The radiator will fit in the Ghost so I guess I will save the Steck for the AMD build.
I take it there is no way to make it fit? E.g. create a new bracket to fix to?
Or are the actual physical dimensions of the radiator a problem as well?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I take it there is no way to make it fit? E.g. create a new bracket to fix to?
Or are the actual physical dimensions of the radiator a problem as well?

There are brackets on the inside of the side panels of the stack that attach it to the base unit and for mounting the radiator bracket. I don't have a metric tape measure but I would guess there is about 295mm of space between the brackets. Would be no problem if I had a normal 240mm radiator but the reservoir on mine adds 25mm to the length.

Reactions: LexImatx

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019
There are brackets on the inside of the side panels of the stack that attach it to the base unit and for mounting the radiator bracket. I don't have a metric tape measure but I would guess there is about 295mm of space between the brackets. Would be no problem if I had a normal 240mm radiator but the reservoir on mine adds 25mm to the length.
That's a shame. I would have loved to see that build!.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
So I received my base unit with 2 steck add-on units (as I am planning on doing a dual AIO build in the case) yesterday. However, my AIOs have yet to arrive and I got too excited so what do I do while I wait? Well, why not build an air-cooled version first to get a feel for the case layout since this is my first SFF case.

Note: There are descriptions in the album so do read if you are curious.

Overall, I am still impressed by the capabilities of this little case. Looks good on my desk and definitely more worth it than a certain low-key brand that's ghosting on their customers ;)

The only criticisms I would give are the flat M3 screws that don't allow some panels to not sit flush (which @macbosco already mentioned they are planning to fix) and the fact that my case came with some rust in the threadings. Apart from that, this is a solid recommendation to anyone who wants a sandwich style case with water cooling options.

Good job @macbosco. Can't wait to see what else is on offer in the future. Hopefully you decide to support the Steck further with more accessories before branching out to different case sizes :D

You can flip the case and keep the button in the same place? Or you just turned the central part and that's it? Explain plz, the B450i Strix looks amazing!

8bitmega

Minimal Tinkerer
May 10, 2019
New forum member here. Just purchased a Nouvolo Steck with single stack unit. I have Asrock B350 mainboard with Ryzen 1700, Corair SF600, and PowerColor Vega 64 reference card. I am moving from a Evolv Shift to the Steck and will offer my thoughts as I evaluate the case.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
New forum member here. Just purchased a Nouvolo Steck with single stack unit. I have Asrock B350 mainboard with Ryzen 1700, Corair SF600, and PowerColor Vega 64 reference card. I am moving from a Evolv Shift to the Steck and will offer my thoughts as I evaluate the case.
The Ryzen 1700 is an excellent choice for these sandwich style cases since it can be cooled nicely with a HSF as small as the Noctua NH-L9a. In fact, I have this same CPU in a Dan A4-SFX with the NH-L9a-AM4 and one of @Thehack's 3D printed 92mm fan shrouds. My CPU temperatures peak at 65C under Prime95 v26.6 small FFTs. The 1700 will be perfect in the Nouvolo Steck.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Guys my side panel keeps falling off because the adhesive sticking it to the metal keeps falling off... Any easy solution?

Real easy fix: 1. Get some 90%+ IPA and clean any organic residue off the panel where you want the magnetic strips to stick. 2. Press the strips on firmly, (optionally put a heavy stack of books or something on them for 15 minutes). 3. Mount the magnetic panels.

Using this technique back in Nov when I got the review sample, my side panels haven't budged yet and I've rebuilt in the chassis ~10 times.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Here is my complete build.

2700x
Asus x470i
Msi rtx 2070 Ventus
Corsair h100i platinum se (Buggy software still)
Team nighthawk white rgb ram 3200mhz
Sf600 Corsair

Temps on my cpu is hotter because it takes air from gpu as well and gpu never exceeded 71c over clocked + 150/500

But I might consider returning aio because it’s still not optimized. Random fan speeds slow down and rgb software is buggy. And if I do return it, I will go for a custom loop. Just can’t find a waterblock for this gpu.

Edit: I deleted my imgur account because I keep getting downvoted.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Nouvolo Steck rgb build

Here is the link to the pictures of the nouvolo steck and build as requested. Sorry about taken down recent one because of many downvotes. Here is a private link so only you guys see. Thanks :)

It is a shame about the downvotes, but I am not terribly surprised after seeing the reaction from this forum. I will say this since I own both cases. I think the Steck is a very worthy option, the Ghost S1 is extremely nice but you pay for it. What you get included with the Steck make it one hell of a deal.