Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019
Got mine today, can't wait to put it to together. Was able to unpackage and review the materials. Without actual assembly, my impression of the build quality exceeded my expectations. However the white unit I received had minor dust/dirt in a couple of spots on the side panels and front panel, which was easily wiped off.

Will post more when I can assemble the case!

DustDevil

USMC Veteran
Oct 1, 2018
Just put the psu (SF750) in and assembled the stack units. Everything seems to go pretty well. I had some sort of foam silencing strips and no idea where they go.

JakeRadden

Efficiency Noob
Apr 12, 2019
Do we know up to what order date the first US shipment will fulfill? And then how long to wait for further fulfillment?
Any news on this? Or at least some idea of what date orders are caught up through? I saw some post about being "caught up" by May 6th but I ordered all the way back on 4/12 and still have no tracking.

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Any news on this? Or at least some idea of what date orders are caught up through? I saw some post about being "caught up" by May 6th but I ordered all the way back on 4/12 and still have no tracking.

On Thursday, he said that Canadian orders should all be getting tracking IDs soon. I hope I get one by the end of this week :p

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@Nouvolo
It is nice to see that user feedbacks (here and at Reddit) have been positive. Keep up the good work. I am excited on the next product you will release.

Reactions: Nouvolo

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
Not sure why I never knew about this neat SFF PC case ?
I have a build going with the i9 9900K with the ASUS Z390-I and the Corsair H55 120mm AIO. I have the Dan A4-SFX on pre-order but I am seriously considering alternatives as the A4-SFX is not able to support a tall height RAM DIMM (the 2 x 32Gb Kit from G.Skill - https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-64gtzdc). The maximum height of DIMM supported in the A4-SFX is 51mm tall, the DIMMs I want in the build are 52mm tall. Does anyone know if Steck will be fine with a Z390-I motherboard and the 2 x 32Gb G.Skill RAM DIMMs? I wrote to Steck support but didn't get a clear answer.

Thanks.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
The steck can house in 70mm tall CPU cooler. your ram should be of no problem.

IT accept mini-itx board and Z390-i follows standard so it should also fit. You should be wary of the clearance within your motherboard heatsinks since from what I observe they tend to be bulkier than other itx boards but since you are watercooling, I dont see any problem. You do need to have a top hat for your AIO

Reactions: indyfromoz

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
The steck can house in 70mm tall CPU cooler. your ram should be of no problem.

IT accept mini-itx board and Z390-i follows standard so it should also fit. You should be wary of the clearance within your motherboard heatsinks since from what I observe they tend to be bulkier than other itx boards but since you are watercooling, I dont see any problem. You do need to have a top hat for your AIO

Are the (base + steck) combos (matte + black) already shipping?

PeacefulDiscord

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
So I received my base unit with 2 steck add-on units (as I am planning on doing a dual AIO build in the case) yesterday. However, my AIOs have yet to arrive and I got too excited so what do I do while I wait? Well, why not build an air-cooled version first to get a feel for the case layout since this is my first SFF case.

Note: There are descriptions in the album so do read if you are curious.

Overall, I am still impressed by the capabilities of this little case. Looks good on my desk and definitely more worth it than a certain low-key brand that's ghosting on their customers ;)

The only criticisms I would give are the flat M3 screws that don't allow some panels to not sit flush (which @macbosco already mentioned they are planning to fix) and the fact that my case came with some rust in the threadings. Apart from that, this is a solid recommendation to anyone who wants a sandwich style case with water cooling options.

Good job @macbosco. Can't wait to see what else is on offer in the future. Hopefully you decide to support the Steck further with more accessories before branching out to different case sizes :D

Reactions: chyll2 and Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Thanks guys for your support and positive feedback. I could relax for the past couple of days after the first batch for Am region was safely dispatched. It was a stressful couple of weeks dealing with the logistics side of things...
Will be heading off to Taiwan end of this month for Computex. Anyone else going? Maybe we could meet up for drinks or something.

Reactions: indyfromoz

VladG

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2019
Suggest swapping out some of the M3 flat head screws (get your own from local store) in case you have issues with make the top flush perfectly (mainly with black ones). We are looking into the flathead screws, we are trying to improve the quality on that.
Do you have exact dimensions on these screws? I'm interested in trying this.

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
Thanks guys for your support and positive feedback. I could relax for the past couple of days after the first batch for Am region was safely dispatched. It was a stressful couple of weeks dealing with the logistics side of things...
Will be heading off to Taiwan end of this month for Computex. Anyone else going? Maybe we could meet up for drinks or something.

Hi!

What is the situation of shipping to Australia? Around 3 weeks after I place the order?

indyfromoz

Cable Smoosher
Apr 14, 2019
I believe they ship on a weekly schedule and depending on where you live, it can take 1-3 weeks to arrive (after the case has been shipped out). But this is based on my assumptions and reading from this thread so I suggest asking @macbosco for clarification

Yes! I am very close to pulling the trigger on a Base + 1 Add-on Stack. The big reason for me to consider this case is the clearance above the motherboard will let me use the G.Skill Trident DC RGB 32Gb DIMMs - https://gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-64gtzdc