Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

DustDevil

USMC Veteran
Oct 1, 2018
Currently running a Pascal Titan X. But considering updating to a 2080 or even a Ti. Is anyone running RTX cards and if so is 2080 the better overall buy?
I have a evga 2080 hybrid / 9900k with evga clc 240. I get my steck either tomorrow or Monday. I personally think a 2080 or 2070 is better value than the 2080 ti. When I got my hybrid. I could have and probably should have paid $100 more for the evga 2080 ti. I just wanted good temps over performance and fan noise.

Reactions: Longbow072

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Is there a greater risk associated with ordering the Ghost S1 cables for the Steck if just for PCIE, CPU and 24 pin, i.e. if the cables don't fit, will replacement still be available? I would understand if that's not the case considering it is jumping the gun quite a bit but am curious if I can order today or if it would be best to wait. By biggest concern is the PCIE cable as the Ghost has the notch in the plate where the cables come up to connect to the GPU. The Steck also has this notch, silly me.

I'll check Ghost-length cables with the Steck as soon as I receive it on Tuesday but I'm pretty confident that they'll fit. In case they don't I'll make any necessary changes to the lengths for the Steck! You can always leave me a note on the cart page saying the cables will be for the Steck and to make length tweaks if needed.

Reactions: paradigmpost

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I'll check Ghost-length cables with the Steck as soon as I receive it on Tuesday but I'm pretty confident that they'll fit. In case they don't I'll make any necessary changes to the lengths for the Steck! You can always leave me a note on the cart page saying the cables will be for the Steck and to make length tweaks if needed.
That information is very useful.

Last edited:

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Nearly sold on this case. Is it possible for a sapphire rx580 nitro+ to fit? it has a height of 55mm.

Yes, for those that already have the case, is anyone able to test a few different GPUs if possible and list them? I was also looking at a slightly thicker card around 50mm.

Reactions: sanholo59

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I dont think 50mm card will ever fit. I remember my 2 slot card (39 to 41mm) being right up there on the side panel. irc, 50mm is 2.5 slot, so it should never fit.

Reactions: bernieyee

ssri

Efficiency Noob
Dec 23, 2018
Nearly sold on this case. Is it possible for a sapphire rx580 nitro+ to fit? it has a height of 55mm.
This is going to be a problem at the edge for this card. I didn't know this and had gotten the card first. The height is ok for the body and it doesn't touch the sides for sure, however there is a L with a screw hole that's part of the back panel that contacts the far end of the video card from the pcie connector. This prevents the card from seating properly when the back panel is fixed. I had to shave off a patch about 1cm h x 0.8cm l by 0.4cm w from the plastic cover to fit the card. Another user on the earlier pages also mentioned this issue. They used a Dremel. But it's a small portion and if you plan to keep the card then it's not a big deal.

VladG

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2019

My Steck just arrived, assembled it but no parts are going in until Zen2. Thanks Nouvolo!

I'm still wondering which air cooler to buy. I don't suppose anyone has tried to fit a Big Shuriken 3 yet?

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I just got my case today while I was at work. I will have a full setup once my gpu and rgb ram arrive this week. Can’t wait to showcase it here and YouTube.

Reactions: Nouvolo

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Steck arrived today. Everything looks really good, very well packaged. Looked through and looks like everything arrived in good shape, hopefully be able to build this weekend.

elgiraffe

What's an ITX?
May 6, 2019
Got my Steck in. It was an upgrade from an old Silverstone SG10. Was a bit longer build than I expected, but now that I've done it I could easily do it again much faster. That being said, I hope I don't have to adjust anything on the mobo anytime soon. HDD and GPU are pretty easy to access.

I have some issues with it being flush and the whole build is a bit flimsyer than my old SG10. But I don't expect it to be a problem.

Really cool case. Thanks Nouvolo.

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
Got my Steck in. It was an upgrade from an old Silverstone SG10. Was a bit longer build than I expected, but now that I've done it I could easily do it again much faster. That being said, I hope I don't have to adjust anything on the mobo anytime soon. HDD and GPU are pretty easy to access.

I have some issues with it being flush and the whole build is a bit flimsyer than my old SG10. But I don't expect it to be a problem.

Really cool case. Thanks Nouvolo.

Pictures?

Reactions: rfarmer

PeacefulDiscord

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2019
Just got my Steck and wanted to give my initial impressions:
  1. Packaging was very good and everything had arrived in one piece
  2. There was some minor scuff marks on some of the panels but nothing too major so can't complain
  3. The PCI-E riser cable had some major fingerprints that took me a while to get off which was odd
  4. Some of the screw hole threads had rusted which was also odd
Overall I am satisfied with how the case looks. Initially I thought that the tolerances were utter crap because the steck units were not sitting flush with the body but I realized after watching the installation videos (4-5 times) that I was installing the steck units incorrectly, causing alignment issues. So if you have one of the steck units, make sure you are putting the tabs that stick out of the bottom of the steck unit itself in between the front/back panel and the side panel retention bracket.

Still waiting on some other parts to arrive (custom cables and AIOs) before putting a built together.

Another thing that I am wondering now is how to install 2x2.5" drives into the case while still having dual 240mm AIOs. @macbosco any ideas on this front?

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Here is where I’m at. Currently waiting for my msi Ventus 2070 gpu and night hawk rgb ram (white). Once I get those, my build is complete for now. Once my build is set up, then I will consider custom sleeve cables :)

embiz0n

Case Bender
New User
May 6, 2019
Hi All.

So i got my Steck about a month ago. And my first impressions where very good. Specially considering i got the shipping info on Friday, and had it at my house on Monday. Shipped from China to Norway :D

Specs:
Nouvolo Steck SFF White w/ TopHat
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ ac
Intel i9 9900k
16 GB GSkill TridentZ@ 3200 Mhz RGB OFF)
MSI GTX 1080 ARMOR OC
Corsair H100i Pro (Noctua NF-A12x25)
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB
Corsair SF600v2

Temps are ok. GPU gets a to about 84 c CPU is about 74c.

I have not overclocked the CPU , i want to get a cooler gpu before i do that.

Things to improve for my build.
- Custom Cables, waiting for the @pslate to get all the Steck cables sorted ( even tho its mostly as the Ghost s1)
- Either swap out the GPU with a gpu that has the PCIE connectors lower like the ASUS Strix models (MSI / ASUS )
- Or get some Low Profile Connectors for the GPU cables (Low Profile Connectors)
- For cable management under the PSU, Adding Angled connectors perhaps? Something like this but at the PSU side.

Here are some pictures.

Will add more pictures as i go along with the build.

Pros:
- Cheaper than the GHOST S1 and Dan Case.
- Very simple constuction (As in few Parts)
- A few CM above the floor or desk, for better airflow
- Magnetic sidepanels and top
- Compatible with alot of Hardware

Other notes:
- GPU / PCI Riser is Located a bit to high up. Should have been about 1 cm lower. (would have to be changed in the manufactoring process)
- PSU Could have been about 1 -2 cm higher to get better clearance below for cable management. ( going to try to fix this myself)
- With better clearance undet he PSU there would be room for a Small AIO or a 120 mm Casefan.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Suggest swapping out some of the M3 flat head screws (get your own from local store) in case you have issues with make the top flush perfectly (mainly with black ones). We are looking into the flathead screws, we are trying to improve the quality on that.

Reactions: VladG

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

My Steck just arrived, assembled it but no parts are going in until Zen2. Thanks Nouvolo!

I'm still wondering which air cooler to buy. I don't suppose anyone has tried to fit a Big Shuriken 3 yet?

The BS3 is probably a really good cooler but at 69mm high you are only going to have 1mm of clearance to the side panel. My guess is it will be loud, I would go with the Noctua NH-L12S.

On a side note. I have been waiting for my GPU block to ship from China so I can watercool this build, was afraid I still had a while to wait. Tracking shows it just made it to San Francisco so I am really hoping I will have it this weekend.

VladG

Chassis Packer
May 3, 2019
The BS3 is probably a really good cooler but at 69mm high you are only going to have 1mm of clearance to the side panel. My guess is it will be loud, I would go with the Noctua NH-L12S.
Hmm, might have a point there, thanks. The fan being that close to the panel will likely create high air turbulence and noise. NH-L12S seems like a good choice too.