Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

sanholo59

Efficiency Noob
Apr 28, 2019
There is enough height for 3.5's, but finding a secure mounting point for the zip ties could be a challenge on the stack unit. Honestly, with SFF chassis though, I always recommend picking up an external NAS box if you need HDD storage.
Thnks! Still considering this case+ the 2 stacks, so i can place a cpu aio on the bottom and a 3.5" somehow fastened to the top. 1 exhaust and 1 additional bottom intake. Perhaps a 3d printable mount can be made for the hdd.

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Just got my tracking number with ups and I should get it tomorrow (San Diego). I can’t wait and I will post my build pics and video this weekend after my stream. :)

Then find an rgb fan (white fan with rgb) to connect to motherboard without a hub (like Corsair) and custom sized cables.

Reactions: Chinaman

bernieyee

Caliper Novice
Apr 30, 2019
First batch tracking ids have been sent out. More tracking info will be sent out in the coming days as our friends over at logistics continue to work on the packages.

Hi Bosco, just a few questions from the previous page that have been left unanswered that I would appreciate the answers to.

1. Do Canadian orders ship out from LA as well?
2. How accurate were your custom cable lengths in the end? Would you recommend the lengths or make any adjustments to them? The post for reference - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ports-liquid-cooling.7099/page-37#post-123234

Thanks.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi Bosco, just a few questions from the previous page that have been left unanswered that I would appreciate the answers to.

1. Do Canadian orders ship out from LA as well?
2. How accurate were your custom cable lengths in the end? Would you recommend the lengths or make any adjustments to them? The post for reference - https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...ports-liquid-cooling.7099/page-37#post-123234

Thanks.
CA tracking id should be sent out in coming few days. We are continuously working through the orders now.

For the cables I think you may need to double check with the motherboard 4 pin (CPU power) socket, that one can be very different for different models of motherboard. I would recommend using your stock cables to estimate the length first. And also the lengths I suggested are based on silver plated cables. They are thinner than cloth sleeved. In case you use thicker sleeved you may want to add 1-2cm to cater for the bends.

Last edited:
Reactions: bernieyee

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Got my tracking overnight, very excited! Should be delivered on Tuesday.

For those asking about cables, I offer a service where I make cables with lengths based off of your case, PSU, mobo, and GPU which takes the guesswork out of measuring. If a cable doesn't fit, I'll replace it. When I get the Steck I'll be sure to add a section for it but for now the Ghost S1 cables will work (except for dual SATA). Here's my site: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
CA tracking id should be sent out in coming few days. We are continuously working through the orders now.

For the cables I think you may need to double check with the motherboard 4 pin (CPU power) socket, that one can be very different for different models of motherboard. I would recommend using your stock cables to estimate the length first. And also the lengths I suggested are based on silver plated cables. They are thinner than cloth sleeved. In case you use thicker sleeved you may want to add 1-2cm to cater for the bends.
I highly advise to do this method for anyone doing the custom cables.

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Now some orders have been cleared up. I need to get back to some of my esports gaming practice... getting rusty, and getting beat hard, dropping down the ladder so fast ... ?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

For those asking about cables, I offer a service where I make cables with lengths based off of your case, PSU, mobo, and GPU which takes the guesswork out of measuring. If a cable doesn't fit, I'll replace it. When I get the Steck I'll be sure to add a section for it but for now the Ghost S1 cables will work (except for dual SATA). Here's my site: https://www.pslatecustoms.com/

I am very interested in cables @pslate and I am on your email list for when you open up orders again, any idea on time frame when you will be taking new orders?

@Nouvolo just got my tracking number this morning for Monday delivery, thanks so much.

LexImatx

Trash Compacter
Mar 31, 2019

I'll be adding myself to your mailing list now then...do you know roughly how long it will take for you to get the Steck cables on your site once you've got the case?
I almost went with the Loque because I saw your cables. Your work looks great!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Can the psu be face backwards? I’m curious that I will have a short gpu like msi Ventus 2070 and have the psu fan face to gpu size (vented). The cpu side will be tempered glass side.

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
I am very interested in cables @pslate and I am on your email list for when you open up orders again, any idea on time frame when you will be taking new orders?

I'll be open again tomorrow at 1pm EDT!

I'll be adding myself to your mailing list now then...do you know roughly how long it will take for you to get the Steck cables on your site once you've got the case?
I almost went with the Loque because I saw your cables. Your work looks great!

Thank you! It will probably take me some time to get a dedicated section for the Steck up on the site. Maybe in 2-3 weeks. I'd recommend ordering through the Ghost listings if you'd like the cables sooner. The cables for Dan A4, Ghost S1, Steck, and Sliger SM550/560 are very alike in length since they all use a similar layout.

paradigmpost

Chassis Packer
Feb 26, 2019

Is there a greater risk associated with ordering the Ghost S1 cables for the Steck if just for PCIE, CPU and 24 pin, i.e. if the cables don't fit, will replacement still be available? I would understand if that's not the case considering it is jumping the gun quite a bit but am curious if I can order today or if it would be best to wait. By biggest concern is the PCIE cable as the Ghost has the notch in the plate where the cables come up to connect to the GPU. The Steck also has this notch, silly me.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Just ordered mine, he says all ghost cables, except the dual sata power which is too short, work with the Steck.

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Currently running a Pascal Titan X. But considering updating to a 2080 or even a Ti. Is anyone running RTX cards and if so is 2080 the better overall buy?