Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Yes we will replace parts if damaged in transit or in manufacturing. There will be a certain process for replacement:
- list of damaged parts
- photos of damaged parts
- Nouvolo and buyer discuss on issues involved
- Nouvolo will send replacement parts if agreed as defect (in transit and manufacturing)
- *For complete replacement, buyer requires to send back to Nouvolo first, shipping costs is paid by buyer

Note:
Such process will be clarified in the Kickstarter campaign.
- Nouvolo provides 1 year warranty
- Warranty does not cover buyers making changes to the parts (modding) or damage during installation
- Nouvolo reserve the rights for final judgement for replacement on the parts involved, depending on whether the issue is within manufacturing tolerance
- *Nouvolo needs to be very careful with complete replacement to protect itself from buyers taking advantage to obtain multiple units from a single purchase.

Okay, so as long as the damage is due to shipping problems, the customer is covered.

Separate panels will be sold apart? Specially TG panels, because if I dropped one next year, I would like to get a replacement, paying obviously!

Thanks for answering to everything, it makes the new buyers like me trust the project so much!

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
In Kickstarter we will offer stack expansion without glass panels, for those who want extra expansion for top and bottom.
We will sell all parts for replacement after this launch (please don't break things so soon :p). But for practical purposes we probably won't list every individual part on our online store. Buyer will need to contact us directly (email) to get a quote (shipping costs will be different also)

NOTE: extra stack expansion units will be delivered later in the second batch. You will get the bundle from stock earlier (if you manage to get hold of super early bird reward)

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlas787

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Just wondering, is there a Kickstarter option for the base unit without the stack expansion?
Nope, but we will start offering base unit only on our website after this launch period. But it will be at full price, which comes to about the same price as the bundle offered in Kickstarter. USD155 (KS bundle price) vs approx USD160 (full price base unit only)

Note: there is the 20% discount offered in KS!

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
I have a question that is not stated in the main specifications (I think it should be stated, it's almost compulsory to use one there)

Can I put a fan in the bottom for intake? How thick?

I don't want to buy a 120x25 to find that it doesn't fit :(

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I have a question that is not stated in the main specifications (I think it should be stated, it's almost compulsory to use one there)

Can I put a fan in the bottom for intake? How thick?

I don't want to buy a 120x25 to find that it doesn't fit :(

For current batch you can put a 120mm (25mm thickness) fan in place of the ssd (sata). So ssd (sata) => no fan, fan => no ssd (sata). But you may need to you double sided tape on that, as fan holes on not in this first batch. In terms of space, yes, it can fit a fan, as a user mod, not officially supported at this moment.

If you put a fan there, you will need to use m.2 (nvme) for your storage, as there will be no more space for ssd (sata)

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
For current batch you can put a 120mm (25mm thickness) fan in place of the ssd (sata). So ssd (sata) => no fan, fan => no ssd (sata). But you may need to you double sided tape on that, as fan holes on not in this first batch. In terms of space, yes, it can fit a fan, as a user mod, not officially supported at this moment.

If you put a fan there, you will need to use m.2 (nvme) for your storage, as there will be no more space for ssd (sata)

Or if you get a shorter GPU, you can mount a pair of 2.5 SSDs on the GPU plate behind the PSU and then have no problem with a fan under the PSU. At the moment I have a 15mm thick fan because I didn't feel like re-cable managing everything, but if you're meticulous or get individually sleeved cables you can fit a 25mm no problem.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Ok so I thought that there was place for an ssd under the PSU as it is "hanging" and there's a space under it (fan facing outwards, of course).

My plan is to fit the following, keeping the things I list from the actual pc. New ones may be changed for other model:
  • G.Skill 3200 RGB (actual pc)
  • AMD 1500X (actual pc)
  • 1060 Strix (actual pc)
  • 1tb ssd (actual pc)
  • B450 Strix board (new)
  • 120GB nvme boot drive (new)
  • Corsair Sf600 Platinum (new)
As 240 mm cooler, I doubt about which one to choose. I have no experience of nice coolers, thought about the celsius S24 from Fractal Design, but the tubing from the pump may make things impossible. Also thought about the new DeepCool AIO that is supposed to never leak, but the pump is too tall. I may use an Enermax, the latest model as it has Aura Sync. I can hear any idea as I have never used an AIO before.
And of course, a fan to bring air from the bottom.

There's a bottom filter, or I have dreamt it? Because maybe I read it somewhere else.

Even without an intake fan, the components will be cool enough only with the 240 AIO sucking air upwards?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Ok so I thought that there was place for an ssd under the PSU as it is "hanging" and there's a space under it (fan facing outwards, of course).

As 240 mm cooler, I doubt about which one to choose....

There's a bottom filter, or I have dreamt it?

Even without an intake fan, the components will be cool enough only with the 240 AIO sucking air upwards?

Bottom air filter is included - YES

240mm AIO:
Higher price / quality = Corsair H100i RGB
More affordable / value = Coolermaster MasterLiquid series
But fans that come with AIO are not as quiet, if you really want to improve noise, you may want to go for extra Noctua fans.

Without fan air intake, the AIO should do fine even with glass panels. But obviously you cannot compare it with the full towers. It helps at least 4-5degC by using the perforated metal panels instead of glass panels, yes but then you can't see the RGB.

Looks (RGB) or thermals - pick one ;) , personally, as a creator, I prefer ambient lighting and not aggressive RGB commonly going around.

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Just so everyone knows, I dig this chassis still. Still chugging along, no issues.

I still haven't swapped my thermal paste out on the Pascal Titan, but temps are just fine.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018

My plan is to fit the following, keeping the things I list from the actual pc. New ones may be changed for other model:
  • G.Skill 3200 RGB (actual pc)
  • AMD 1500X (actual pc)
  • 1060 Strix (actual pc)
  • 1tb ssd (actual pc)
  • B450 Strix board (new)
  • 120GB nvme boot drive (new)
  • Corsair Sf600 Platinum (new)
As 240 mm cooler, I doubt about which one to choose. I have no experience of nice coolers, thought about the celsius S24 from Fractal Design, but the tubing from the pump may make things impossible. Also thought about the new DeepCool AIO that is supposed to never leak, but the pump is too tall. I may use an Enermax, the latest model as it has Aura Sync. I can hear any idea as I have never used an AIO before.
And of course, a fan to bring air from the bottom.

There's a bottom filter, or I have dreamt it? Because maybe I read it somewhere else.

You can place a single SSDbetween the PSU and the front pannel. There is space (or was in the original tester unit i received) https://photos.app.******/YgNi8AiLN94A6YPy7

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Or if you get a shorter GPU, you can mount a pair of 2.5 SSDs on the GPU plate behind the PSU and then have no problem with a fan under the PSU. At the moment I have a 15mm thick fan because I didn't feel like re-cable managing everything, but if you're meticulous or get individually sleeved cables you can fit a 25mm no problem.

I forgot to thank you for the info. How do you have it attached? Stuck or screwed?

So maybe if I get a nice air pressure-centered 25mm thick fan for intake, and manage the cables of the PSU properly, I can get it there, right? Even if I have to cable tie it to the bottom or some McGiver-ish solution to it as the holes are not present.

Also, to your experience with the panels you use, it makes a difference to have it there? Improved temps?

Bottom air filter is included - YES

240mm AIO:
Higher price / quality = Corsair H100i RGB
More affordable / value = Coolermaster MasterLiquid series
But fans that come with AIO are not as quiet, if you really want to improve noise, you may want to go for extra Noctua fans.

Without fan air intake, the AIO should do fine even with glass panels. But obviously you cannot compare it with the full towers. It helps at least 4-5degC by using the perforated metal panels instead of glass panels, yes but then you can't see the RGB.

Looks (RGB) or thermals - pick one ;) , personally, as a creator, I prefer ambient lighting and not aggressive RGB commonly going around.

My plan is to use the TG on the CPU side, and the perforated on the GPU. I don't mind a bit of noise while playing, as I use a headset all the time. The goal is to get a case that fits in a handbag when I move to another town/country.

Just to know, is there a temps sheet to know how hot would it be? I can use the perforated side on both sides if they are too high. it's the best part of this case, you can choose as you get all the panels at once, not maybe at an extra 79 euros + shipping. You get the top bundle? You get the glass as it improves temps. Logical.

RGB is to set it at the color I like. I don't like rainbow-y discos either.

I think I will just go with the AIO for cooling, and maybe a fan at the bottom to help if the "case" arrives (sorry).

You can place a single SSDbetween the PSU and the front pannel. There is space (or was in the original tester unit i received) https://photos.app.******/YgNi8AiLN94A6YPy7

That's the kind of cramming I thought of, I suppose it stays snug there.

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I forgot to thank you for the info. How do you have it attached? Stuck or screwed?

So maybe if I get a nice air pressure-centered 25mm thick fan for intake, and manage the cables of the PSU properly, I can get it there, right? Even if I have to cable tie it to the bottom or some McGiver-ish solution to it as the holes are not present.

Also, to your experience with the panels you use, it makes a difference to have it there? Improved temps?

No problem. The fan is stuck on with double sided tape, but that was only because I was testing a few different fans and didn't get back around to drilling the holes I had marked off. On the bright side, the foam tape I used has been holding up great for the past several months with no signs of it coming off.

Yeah, a 25mm will fit. See Chyll2's photos:
If you go with a top mounted radiator, the panels you choose have a pretty small effect on the CPU/VRMs (maybe 1 or 2 C) so long as the fans you have on the top push enough air through radiator. The perforated metal panels are better for open air GPUs like the Strix you mentioned though. With the glass panels and open air GPUs, half the hot air gets ejected out of the bottom of the card and recycled into the intakes.

Reactions: chyll2 and Atlas787

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
No problem. The fan is stuck on with double sided tape, but that was only because I was testing a few different fans and didn't get back around to drilling the holes I had marked off. On the bright side, the foam tape I used has been holding up great for the past several months with no signs of it coming off.

Yeah, a 25mm will fit. See Chyll2's photos:
If you go with a top mounted radiator, the panels you choose have a pretty small effect on the CPU/VRMs (maybe 1 or 2 C) so long as the fans you have on the top push enough air through radiator. The perforated metal panels are better for open air GPUs like the Strix you mentioned though. With the glass panels and open air GPUs, half the hot air gets ejected out of the bottom of the card and recycled into the intakes.

Looks nice, it will fit no problem, just need to cable manage the clutter. I think I will stick it too, no holes made.

And yeah, the plan is to TG the CPU side, and leave the GPU side with the panel, so it can breath directly from outside.

Thanks for the pics and the reply! Can't wait to get it!