Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I guess we're live boys!

You are my man!

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
I'm getting ready to back the project, but that lopsided top panel is a bit worrying.

Is this something you can catch by the time the Kickstarter units ship out, or is that simply what it is for the units you have currently produced to go out when the Kickstarter finishes?

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I'm getting ready to back the project, but that lopsided top panel is a bit worrying.

Is this something you can catch by the time the Kickstarter units ship out, or is that simply what it is for the units you have currently produced to go out when the Kickstarter finishes?

This happens usually due to :
- the screw used (flat head vs round head); Jay said he used the flat head
- the screw head is stripped i.e. not flat anymore
- magnetic strip application issue

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com

Well, you can check with community testers in this thread, I don't think any of them has this issue.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Well, you can check with community testers in this thread, I don't think any of them has this issue.

Probably just didn't get a top screw tightened all the way down, or grabbed a round topped instead of a flat topped M3. I could see how a missed tolerance in the countersink could cause that too, but in that case it could be quickly fixed with a deburring or reaming tool.

Didn't have any issues with an unlevel top piece on mine though.

Reactions: Chinaman

saZi

What's an ITX?
Feb 24, 2019
I've been eyeing SFF cases lately, and, just now, saw the review of this case. It looks great! Good luck on the kickstarter, I'm sure it'll reach it's goal. I signed up to this forum just to tell you that. Hopefully I can get my hands on it sooner than later.

LightKiosk

Cable Smoosher
Feb 24, 2019
EDIT: Ignore my comment, I went further back in the thread and saw some build pics. The white looks very nice.

Are there any plans to release different color top panels similar to the Louqe for a nice accent?

Last edited:
Reactions: evq

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
... Good luck on the kickstarter, I'm sure it'll reach it's goal. I signed up to this forum just to tell you that. Hopefully I can get my hands on it sooner than later.

The take up on Kickstarter is slowing down significantly and it is going to be tight by the current rate! :mad:

CALL TO ACTION
Please spread the word and urge your friends to help support the project. I have included a link below so that whoever refer someone to buy/back the project they get 10% commission on whatever amount spent! You just need to do the following:

1) Follow the link and sign up to Kickbooster yourself
2) After sign up you will get another link for yourself
3) Post your link on your social media or email to your friends to support the project
4) You will get 10% rebate if they choose to back/buy with your link

I really didn't want to put it too commercially here in this forum as I am part of this hobbyist community. Think of this as a discount for your own purchase, or some extra cash for your sff mod. ;)

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
The take up on Kickstarter is slowing down significantly and it is going to be tight by the current rate! :mad:

CALL TO ACTION
Please spread the word and urge your friends to help support the project. I have included a link below so that whoever refer someone to buy/back the project they get 10% commission on whatever amount spent! You just need to do the following:

3) Post your link on your social media or email to your friends to support the project

I really didn't want to put it too commercially here in this forum as I am part of this hobbyist community. Think of this as a discount for your own purchase, or some extra cash for your sff mod. ;)
Done. Shared in my FB

b166ar

Case Bender
Feb 24, 2019

CALL TO ACTION

Shared with my twitter followers :thumb:

fArGo

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2019
Can you supply a list of tested grfx cards that fit or provide thickness limitations? I saw the length and height specifications.

For example would a Asus TURBO-RTX2080TI fit? It says 26.9 x 11.4 x4.2 Centimeter on Asus website.
Would a 5.4 cm thick card fit?

If yes I will be backing you.

Cheers

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
No problem. The fan is stuck on with double sided tape, but that was only because I was testing a few different fans and didn't get back around to drilling the holes I had marked off. On the bright side, the foam tape I used has been holding up great for the past several months with no signs of it coming off.

Yeah, a 25mm will fit. See Chyll2's photos:
If you go with a top mounted radiator, the panels you choose have a pretty small effect on the CPU/VRMs (maybe 1 or 2 C) so long as the fans you have on the top push enough air through radiator. The perforated metal panels are better for open air GPUs like the Strix you mentioned though. With the glass panels and open air GPUs, half the hot air gets ejected out of the bottom of the card and recycled into the intakes.
Hi, I assume that's a 120mm fan? Just to be sure before I proceed to get myself one. Thanks in advance

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I am using standard corsair fan on the shared picture before. Right now I am using Noctua A12x25 fan. It is not taped or screwed. I am just using the very thick and hard wire from sf450 to hold it in place hahaha.

You really need to bend and tidy up the cables to make sure that there is an allowance for standard fan.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
I am using standard corsair fan on the shared picture before. Right now I am using Noctua A12x25 fan. It is not taped or screwed. I am just using the very thick and hard wire from sf450 to hold it in place hahaha.

You really need to bend and tidy up the cables to make sure that there is an allowance for standard fan.
so there's no proper screw holes? hmm, guess i just gonna tape it

Last edited: