Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
That's very gd price for kickstarter. How many units will there be for super early bird?

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
That's very gd price for kickstarter. How many units will there be for super early bird?
bundle stock availability:
black - 270 units
white - 130 units
pink - 50 units

Hope they get taken up quick :), if you think there isn't so many, better get on Kickstarter as soon as the project launches

UPDATE:
PLEASE NOTE
Even after all the stock is taken, pledges/orders will still be accepted in the Kickstarter campaign. The price will be at about 15% discount (slightly less) but still quite a bit cheaper than full retail. And they will be handled before any later website sales. Basically, it is better deal to do it on Kickstarter.

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Will there be any reseller (eg Capital) in Hong Kong?
I haven't contacted any reseller yet. I think not many will start doing business after the product is launched and it is selling well....

I am open to working with reseller, but have to discuss the terms. I have initial plan to offer bulk purchase discount, e.g. 20-25% discount

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Nouvolo Steck Pricing - Tentative
Full price
: Base [USD160] + Stack [USD50] = Bundle [USD190] (offered later on Nouvolo website)
Kickstarter price : Bundle [USD155] approx. - super early bird
Prices include the following parts/accessories:
Base
  • External panels - front, back, top, bottom, sides, feet
  • Internal structure - spine, support brackets x 4
  • Power supply bracket
  • 2.5" HDD brackets x 2
  • Power extension cable
  • Accessories - PCIe 3.0 16x riser cable, dust filter, magnetic strips, EVA feet, screws (M3 flat, round)
Stack
  • Stack frame
  • Mounting frame for cooler / fan / HDD bracket
  • Tinted glass panels x 2
  • 2.5" HDD bracket
  • Accessories - rubber grommets (for glass panels), thumbscrews, screws (M3 flat, round)
*spares for some accessories included
All prices does NOT include shipping or your local taxes

Impressive price. Can't wait to get it! It will ship to Spain / France I suppose?

cvt123

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
Hi
Out of curiosity, why are you launching via Kickstarter? Is it the traffic / initial orders? Seems like you have sufficient interest to make a dent. Personally, i would sell via Overclockers rather than KS. i suspect you would do better.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi
Out of curiosity, why are you launching via Kickstarter? Is it the traffic / initial orders? Seems like you have sufficient interest to make a dent. Personally, i would sell via Overclockers rather than KS. i suspect you would do better.
I am open to selling through other channels such as Overclockers. But don't know their purchasing dept. KS is just easier to setup with everything self service and online.

cvt123

Efficiency Noob
Jan 29, 2019
I am open to selling through other channels such as Overclockers. But don't know their purchasing dept. KS is just easier to setup with everything self service and online.

Hi. Have you thought about using Amazon as a third party seller. The basic fee is 8% plus $40 a month for having a pro account. Depending on where you are located, you could use their fulfilment by amazon service. Most of the problems with new listings on Amazon is that it doesn’t get high up the search ranks. But given the interest here, you can get a bump by posting the link here. Not sure how this compares to KS but I suspect the traffic is greater.
Sorry to go off topic but I always admire entrepreneurs and always want success for them. I have other thoughts and you can pm me if interested.

Reactions: macbosco

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi. Have you thought about using Amazon as a third party seller. The basic fee is 8% plus $40 a month for having a pro account. Depending on where you are located, you could use their fulfilment by amazon service. Most of the problems with new listings on Amazon is that it doesn’t get high up the search ranks. But given the interest here, you can get a bump by posting the link here. Not sure how this compares to KS but I suspect the traffic is greater.
Sorry to go off topic but I always admire entrepreneurs and always want success for them. I have other thoughts and you can pm me if interested.

Yes, I do have plans to sell through Amazon, but I haven't got round to set it up yet. I haven't placed orders to make any more outside of the first 500 units that is already made, as I want concrete sales figures (and sales money in the bank) to confirm anything for myself how this product is doing. I have all these ideas also, new models / sales channels etc, but I just want to make this one step first. At the end, I need actual sales to back up the plans.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Hi macbosco,

Do u have any plan to add in a slim front I/O stacker unit in the future?

Yes, i'm one of those who still love to have USB ports easily avail at the front for plugging in thumbdrives etc. No audio maybe, just couple of USB 3.0 type-A & C.

Not only front I/O, maybe can add 2.5" hdd/ssd in the available space as well.

*edit: or maybe have front I/O at the front feet (sell as an addon), I notice the feets are quite high, so may be possible to have I/O there. Hence, will not add more height to case. Those who wants I/O, can just buy the I/O feet, these feet can be use for front & rear, to add more USB ports.

Myself having the Oculus rift, every sensor needs a USB port, hence the mobo rear USB ports are not enough for me. haha.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Maybe you can do an open box or a build in Chiphell, making your presence known.
Chiphell should contain a good portion of Chinese PC enthusiasts.
In their forum, I see many love 小钢炮.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hey guys, mark your calendar!
Steck is officially coming out on 23 Feb 2019 on Kickstarter

NOTE:
Sign up may be important for those who want to get hold of the product earlier from the limited stock. I will send out reminders earlier to those who have signed up (maybe half a day earlier, for me to smooth things out in case of any issues).

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
How much for additional stack without glass panels and e.t.c?
We haven't set the price for the standalone stack yet. I get what you mean. It's for buying additional stack units after the first one. I need to work that out and get back to you on that. For the moment, we are offer the bundle in 1x base with 1x stack only. But we are definitely going to offer the stack as separate after the initial launch.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
If we order via Kickstarter, how long does it take to ship usually? I live in France now, but in 2 and a half months I move to Spain, so I need to know where to ship it, here or to my parents' house.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
If we order via Kickstarter, how long does it take to ship usually? I live in France now, but in 2 and a half months I move to Spain, so I need to know where to ship it, here or to my parents' house.
I estimate within 4 weeks, 2-3 weeks on a optimistic estimation. We will start shipping (if successful) from end of March and should get to Europe in April earliest.

I also checked with Kickstarter, since backer/buyers can cancel their order before the campaign ends. I cannot start shipping until after the official deadline, when all orders are locked.

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
I estimate within 4 weeks, 2-3 weeks on a optimistic estimation. We will start shipping (if successful) from end of March and should get to Europe in April earliest.

I also checked with Kickstarter, since backer/buyers can cancel their order before the campaign ends. I cannot start shipping until after the official deadline, when all orders are locked.

So if the Kickstarter campaign starts the 23rd, and it takes one month or so to start shipping, it may arrive late here.

For me it is okay as I planned to build the PC on May after coming back, I'll just send it to Spain as there will be someone to pick it up for me anytime.

By that manner, if for example, I arrive 2 months after ordering and I find that one part is bad/broken, will I be able to get a replacement? My parents are too old to check it, so I prefer to leave it packed until I arrive.

Thanks for the answer!

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
So if the Kickstarter campaign starts the 23rd, and it takes one month or so to start shipping, it may arrive late here.

For me it is okay as I planned to build the PC on May after coming back, I'll just send it to Spain as there will be someone to pick it up for me anytime.

By that manner, if for example, I arrive 2 months after ordering and I find that one part is bad/broken, will I be able to get a replacement? My parents are too old to check it, so I prefer to leave it packed until I arrive.

Thanks for the answer!

Yes we will replace parts if damaged in transit or in manufacturing. There will be a certain process for replacement:
- list of damaged parts
- photos of damaged parts
- Nouvolo and buyer discuss on issues involved
- Nouvolo will send replacement parts if agreed as defect (in transit and manufacturing)
- *For complete replacement, buyer requires to send back to Nouvolo first, shipping costs is paid by buyer

Note:
Such process will be clarified in the Kickstarter campaign.
- Nouvolo provides 1 year warranty
- Warranty does not cover buyers making changes to the parts (modding) or damage during installation
- Nouvolo reserve the rights for final judgement for replacement on the parts involved, depending on whether the issue is within manufacturing tolerance
- *Nouvolo needs to be very careful with complete replacement to protect itself from buyers taking advantage to obtain multiple units from a single purchase.