Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
The close up shots are done like with the camera lens 2-3 inches away, normally you wont stick your face so close at the computer for every day use.

And even with my nose basically touching the case and the mega bright LED on my cellphone shining directly at it, the pressed in standoffs are only barely visible even on the pre-production models.

Reactions: fabio

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@ELROI , @Allhopeforhumanity

Below is a pic of one of the latest production piece. You can judge for yourself if the "bumps" are acceptable to you.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
@ELROI , @Allhopeforhumanity

Below is a pic of one of the latest production piece. You can judge for yourself if the "bumps" are acceptable to you.

Oh yeah, nigh invisible for sure, and looking great!

Like I was saying, I didn't even notice them in the pre-production versions until Saper pointed them out on reddit, and even then I had to play CSI to find them.

Reactions: fabio

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
I carried mine through two international airports from Dubai to Seattle... it was fine. Only strips that weren't up to the task were the ones provided for the top.

Reactions: Chinaman

Chinaman

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2018
I carried mine through two international airports from Dubai to Seattle... it was fine. Only strips that weren't up to the task were the ones provided for the top.
I just drill holes in the panels and was able to screw everything in. The case already have threaded holes in the frame. For the glass panels and top hat.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
chanced upon this case in youtube & then this forum. Is this going be a kickstarter or indiegogo?

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Stumbled upon your project after months reading the SFF community here and in reddit, looking for a nice case with a good price/quality ratio. I'm in for your case, if its under 200€ and you send to Spain you have already sold one.

If it's on Kickstarter, and on the web too, the ones you sell are bad ones, or just a first batch for get it started? Will they be in good condition (not test samples I suppose)? Also, will there be any incentive for first buyers (discounted price, extra specs or pieces)?

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Hi Allhopeforhumanity,

May i know what cpu & cpu cooler are u using? I m getting a 8700 non-k, not sure which air cooler to use.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Stumbled upon your project after months reading the SFF community here and in reddit, looking for a nice case with a good price/quality ratio. I'm in for your case, if its under 200€ and you send to Spain you have already sold one.

If it's on Kickstarter, and on the web too, the ones you sell are bad ones, or just a first batch for get it started? Will they be in good condition (not test samples I suppose)? Also, will there be any incentive for first buyers (discounted price, extra specs or pieces)?

@Atlas787

The first batch now is production units, not prototypes. So the finishing is better than earlier. The packaging is also the final version which has custom foam packing for each part. The price will be around USD190 (bundle) (and about 15%-20% discount on KS), but does NOT include shipping or taxes.

I think this price is very competitive already. I don't want to market as a super premium and face the risk of over promising. Never know how a user will view "premium". There will always be somebody who thinks it is not premium enough. But Steck is certainly good value.

Don't forget to sign up on my website

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinaman and ssri

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Hi,

Where can I buy the first batch?
What do u mean by Bundle?
- with the Stack Unit?

15-20% discount on ks, what do u mean?
- FIrst batch is USD190, whereas KS batch will be USD190-15-20%?

Btw, any estimate of the launch date on KS?

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi,

Where can I buy the first batch?
What do u mean by Bundle?
- with the Stack Unit?

15-20% discount on ks, what do u mean?
- FIrst batch is USD190, whereas KS batch will be USD190-15-20%?

Btw, any estimate of the launch date on KS?

The bundle = base + stack units. Full price of the bundle is USD190 + shipping / tax
KS launch will be in the month of Feb (tentative), and it will be offer at 15-20% discount
After KS campaign, the same will be available from Nouvolo website at full price. And it may be offered as separate items (base / stack units) depending on demand. But obviously buying the bundle will be cheaper than buying the 2 separate (adding together).

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Hi Allhopeforhumanity,

May i know what cpu & cpu cooler are u using? I m getting a 8700 non-k, not sure which air cooler to use.

Hi @evq , I'm using a 7700 (non-K) and the Scythe Big Shuriken 2, but I also tested the Noctua L9i. As far as temps go I managed to undervolt the chip down to 1.05 volts and got the following results after 1 hour of Prime95 with AVX:

L9i intake only with Panel on: 90 C
L9i intake only with Panel off: 80 C
L9i intake with Noctua A12x15 below PSU and panel on: 76 C
L9i intake with Tophat and 2XFractal Venturi Fans in exhaust panel on: 75 C
L9i intake with Top Hat and 2X Fractal Venturi 120mm Fans and Glass Panel: 82 C
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 with Panel on: 84 C
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 with Panel off: 78 C
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 with Noctua A12x15 below PSU and panel on: 70 C
Scythe Big Shuriken 2 with Noctua A12x15 below PSU and panel off: 63 C

Keep in mind that all of these were under extreme loading for an hour. In typical gaming/CAD/simulation workloads I hover around 60 C and the fans end up around 900-1000 RPM which is super quiet.

Photos: