Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
@Atlas787

The first batch now is production units, not prototypes. So the finishing is better than earlier. The packaging is also the final version which has custom foam packing for each part. The price will be around USD190 (bundle) (and about 15%-20% discount on KS), but does NOT include shipping or taxes.

I think this price is very competitive already. I don't want to market as a super premium and face the risk of over promising. Never know how a user will view "premium". There will always be somebody who thinks it is not premium enough. But Steck is certainly good value.

Don't forget to sign up on my website

Already signed up!

Thanks for the reply! I have doubts about shipping costs worldwide, do you have an estimate? Also the taxes, what do you mean by them? In Europe taxes are usually in the final price, in this case, it means that final price may rise up from 190? It's hard to get for me as I've always seen the taxes included. And about the bundle, what does it include specifically (tempered glass, top hat, etc)?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Ah, I see. Yeah, if you have tall ram, you're pretty limited to either the Lh9i or using he stack unit and an AIO. The latter will certainly be better for your temps with a 6 core CPU.

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Ah, I see. Yeah, if you have tall ram, you're pretty limited to either the Lh9i or using he stack unit and an AIO. The latter will certainly be better for your temps with a 6 core CPU.
Oh, i try not to use the stack unit to keep it as small as possible. Of cos, it is not ruled out.

Just sold my 5820K & got this 8700 few days ago, really to swap to SFF. lol

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016

Did a little bit of modding and finishing up my build.

- Added 120mm slim fan with spacer on the buttom. (like others reported, it's great for temperatures)
- Finished selfmade cables.
- Relocated the SSD mounting cage to make it fit (GPU is too long for the intended mounting holes to work). Also added holes to support 3 SSD's.
- Tried the 25mm thick CPU fan again. This time with more controlled testing and found that it definetly improves my RAM temperatures by a bit while not doing a lot for my CPU.

The loudest fans in my system are now the top exhaust fans (nf a12x25). Under normal loads (gaming) they run with around 950 RPM. During idle all fans are around 600 RPM.

Edit: Forgot to mention: The Silverstone low profile Sata cables are great.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Did a little bit of modding and finishing up my build.

- Added 120mm slim fan with spacer on the buttom. (like others reported, it's great for temperatures)
- Finished selfmade cables.
- Relocated the SSD mounting cage to make it fit (GPU is too long for the intended mounting holes to work). Also added holes to support 3 SSD's.
- Tried the 25mm thick CPU fan again. This time with more controlled testing and found that it definetly improves my RAM temperatures by a bit while not doing a lot for my CPU.

The loudest fans in my system are now the top exhaust fans (nf a12x25). Under normal loads (gaming) they run with around 950 RPM. During idle all fans are around 600 RPM.

Edit: Forgot to mention: The Silverstone low profile Sata cables are great.
This is a great job man!

Reactions: Aki

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Hi @macbosco
Will you have a white case when you launch? What will be the price for the single unit (no hat)??

- all 3 colors will be available at launch: matte black / frost white / pinky pie
- we are only offering the bundle (base + stack expansion) together at launch (at this moment very likely to be on Kickstarter)
- the bundle will be offered at around 15-20% discount (from full price, on our own website) on Kickstarter
- we may offer them separate only later (it will be at least 2-3 months from launch, need to fulfill the initial orders first), depending on demand, on our own website

Some updates for @all
- Kickstarter launch date will be announced this week. Project is under review right now

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
- all 3 colors will be available at launch: matte black / frost white / pinky pie
- we are only offering the bundle (base + stack expansion) together at launch (at this moment very likely to be on Kickstarter)
- the bundle will be offered at around 15-20% discount (from full price, on our own website) on Kickstarter
- we may offer them separate only later (it will be at least 2-3 months from launch, need to fulfill the initial orders first), depending on demand, on our own website

Some updates for @all
- Kickstarter launch date will be announced this week. Project is under review right now

Okay, just one more question, Tempered glass sides are included too, or is it going to be an "expansion pack" later on the road?

Thank you!!

Atlas787

Trash Compacter
Jan 31, 2019
Glass panels included with the stack expansion.
Base unit includes the standard perforated aluminum panels
Wow
So the Kickstarter pack will include the steck (with riser cable) + stack expansion + glass sides. If it's like that, you have an unbeatable product, man. So many options!

Thank you for answering everything, I can't wait to get it!

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Latest update @all
Kickstarter has approved the project, it will launch tentative 23 Feb 2019. You are the first to find out here.
I will update the social media accounts and post more info in the coming weeks.

EDITED:

Last edited:

evq

Average Stuffer
Jan 30, 2019
Latest update @all
Kickstarter has approved the project, it will launch tentative 23 Feb 2019. You are the first to find out here.
I will update the social media accounts and post more info in the coming weeks.
thats great news!!

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Nouvolo Steck Pricing - Tentative
Full price
: Base [USD160] + Stack [USD50] = Bundle [USD190] (offered later on Nouvolo website)
Kickstarter price : Bundle [USD155] approx. - super early bird
Prices include the following parts/accessories:
Base
  • External panels - front, back, top, bottom, sides, feet
  • Internal structure - spine, support brackets x 4
  • Power supply bracket
  • 2.5" HDD brackets x 2
  • Power extension cable
  • Accessories - PCIe 3.0 16x riser cable, dust filter, magnetic strips, EVA feet, screws (M3 flat, round)
Stack
  • Stack frame
  • Mounting frame for cooler / fan / HDD bracket
  • Tinted glass panels x 2
  • 2.5" HDD bracket
  • Accessories - rubber grommets (for glass panels), thumbscrews, screws (M3 flat, round)
*spares for some accessories included
All prices does NOT include shipping or your local taxes

EDIT BELOW:
PLEASE NOTE
Even after all the stock is taken, pledges/orders will still be accepted in the Kickstarter campaign. The price will be at about 15% discount (slightly less) but still quite a bit cheaper than full retail. And they will be handled before any later website sales. Basically, it is better deal to do it on Kickstarter.

Last edited: