Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Added a few more sections on the website. There is FAQ section, let me know if you can't find answers there, post your questions here, I will try to add those in where apt.

That Shopify proprietary code is so stupid... took me some time to figure out how to make good looking multiple pages. :\

Website looks to be coming together nicely.

Some things that you may want to change on the FAQ:

1.) On Hardware Specs: Change Passive cooling to air cooling or CPU heat sink (fans by their nature make this method active)
2.) Same criticism on the CPU cooling tab.
3.) On CPU Cooling tab, TDP ratings are often very ambiguous, both for CPUs and coolers. I might suggest just ditching that line.
4.) You might want to make a note on the custom cable tab that certain ITX boards have the EPS socket in different places and may want to check the length before purchase.

Last edited:
Reactions: macbosco

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
Subscribed and liked the page. I am getting a few queries about the case. Will share them the news when everything go live.

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
I wish somebody would make a case like this that can support either 2x 240mm AIO or 1x 240mm AIO and an Aftermarket GPU HSF (e.g., Morpheus II). I hate having to decide between GPU vs. CPU cooling.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
@xSDMx
you can probably get two stack unit. It will probably bigger than 12L but it will still eat minimal workspace/deskspace.

xcrco

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 16, 2017
woah. love the video simple yet informative. way to go.. hype! hopefully the price is very palatable :)

ELROI

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
Hello! Came here from your reddit post and looking forward to seeing more of this case. I've just about gone through all the pages on this thread and have a couple questions:

Do you have any photos of the front panel without the bumps from the bushings? You commented on reddit saying that those are not on the final product.

Have there been any revisions to the magnets holding the side panels on? I've read that people stated they fall off really easily.

Last one, have you thought about putting the power button LED just behind the button itself?

I'm pretty new to SFF, but I'm hooked! Looking at building a new PC this year with Zen2 and this case is the direction I want to go.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Hello! Came here from your reddit post and looking forward to seeing more of this case. I've just about gone through all the pages on this thread and have a couple questions:

Have there been any revisions to the magnets holding the side panels on? I've read that people stated they fall off really easily.

The 3M magnetic strips used to attach the aluminum side panels to the steel frame have been pretty robust in my experience. The trick to getting good adhesion with any self adhering solution is to get some isopropyl alcohol and remove any organic residue from the surface you want it to stick to. Then after pressing it into place firmly and evenly, put something heavy like a stack of books on it for 15-20 minutes.

ELROI

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
The 3M magnetic strips used to attach the aluminum side panels to the steel frame have been pretty robust in my experience. The trick to getting good adhesion with any self adhering solution is to get some isopropyl alcohol and remove any organic residue from the surface you want it to stick to. Then after pressing it into place firmly and evenly, put something heavy like a stack of books on it for 15-20 minutes.

Oh i was under the impression that the magnets not were strong enough to hold the panels on when the case was moved around.

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Oh i was under the impression that the magnets not were strong enough to hold the panels on when the case was moved around.

I've carried it around without them falling off without issue. The panels aren't really designed for extreme portability though, like I'd imagine a really bumpy car ride would jostle them loose. It would be pretty easy to glue on a set of NdFeB magnets if you want a stronger magnetic hold; otherwise there are screw mounts for the tempered glass panels if you wanted to drill 4 holes in the aluminum panel corners.

Reactions: Chinaman

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Finally... You guys here see this first!

Bosco,
I think you did an amazing job on this trailer. It really highlights the beauty of this case without trying to hide it's flaws (or quirks, if I may call it). For example, are the standoff heads on the front panel. Although the one in the trailer really pronounces it because my beta copy is barely noticeable.

Love the work. Keep it up!

Reactions: fabio

ELROI

Efficiency Noob
Jan 23, 2019
I've carried it around without them falling off without issue. The panels aren't really designed for extreme portability though, like I'd imagine a really bumpy car ride would jostle them loose. It would be pretty easy to glue on a set of NdFeB magnets if you want a stronger magnetic hold; otherwise there are screw mounts for the tempered glass panels if you wanted to drill 4 holes in the aluminum panel corners.

Okay that's good to hear.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Bosco,
I think you did an amazing job on this trailer. It really highlights the beauty of this case without trying to hide it's flaws (or quirks, if I may call it). For example, are the standoff heads on the front panel. Although the one in the trailer really pronounces it because my beta copy is barely noticeable.

Love the work. Keep it up!

The production units are fine with much better and smoother surfaces for those standoff heads. Well showing them in the trailer can serve both ways, it may cause hesitation for some, but at the same time it won't raise the expectation to sky high and have buyers asking for returns for any tiny blemish.

The close up shots are done like with the camera lens 2-3 inches away, normally you wont stick your face so close at the computer for every day use.

I will post some close up shots of the production unit later

Last edited: