Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
For those who are curious what it will look like with glass panel here is my temporary build. Please note that be careful with aRGB setup as the controller size can take up quite a bit of space, as well as the extra cables (sata power, usb, rgb). Just need some more patience to tuck those in neatly.

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
(...)
2) Before mid Nov - The cases will ALL be shipped out by air, providing payment is received. Slot will be given to next down the line if payment is not received 1 week before shipment date (to be confirmed exact)
note:
- shipment will be by air and should arrive in a matter of days

As mentioned, I had an unexpected motherboard RMA pop up and with 2 days of USPS Priority Mail shipping, 5-7 business days of RMA processing and 4 days of FedEx Ground return shipping, the replacement board will not be back until November 16th. My question is, when more exactly should I expect the review sample shipping by air to start in mid-November?

If necessary, I will go all out and I will purchase a completely new board altogether at Micro Center so I can have something to work with. In fact, I do not mind if you ship the case out early since it would give me an excuse to get the latest and greatest on the market. I have been eying an ASUS motherboard for some time given the lengthy months of BIOS woes I have had with this ASRock motherboard.

The bottom line is the last thing I want is to be found unprepared and ill-equipped when review game time is on. So if you could provide a more definite shipping date window of, say, for example, November 5th-9th, that would give me a little more solid deadlines to work with. In that case, for example, I would probably buy a new board in the next week while I hock the replacement board when I finally get it in the mail.

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Expect the boxes to be shipped out in the first week of Nov by DHL/Fedex. This should take within 1 week to reach you?
Thanks. Most likely if not sooner (if it is via DHL, probably 3 days at most) since I live right next to an international airport in the U.S. Midwest. I will make it a point then to buy a motherboard when I am up around Micro Center this Saturday.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Thanks. Most likely if not sooner (if it is via DHL, probably 3 days at most) since I live right next to an international airport in the U.S. Midwest. I will make it a point then to buy a motherboard when I am up around Micro Center this Saturday.

Amazing speed. Thank you Bosco! Cannot wait to review this case!

I thought I could send them all out together. Turns out that there are a few who haven't paid yet, and there is one not show up yet. I will just first send out to those who have paid I guess.

ron095

Caliper Novice
May 28, 2018
For those who are curious what it will look like with glass panel here is my temporary build. Please note that be careful with aRGB setup as the controller size can take up quite a bit of space, as well as the extra cables (sata power, usb, rgb). Just need some more patience to tuck those in neatly.

Ooof that looks clean. Diggin the little bow tie too :D

Btw, any news on which YouTube reviewers you've chosen to send a sample to?

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Ooof that looks clean. Diggin the little bow tie too :D
Btw, any news on which YouTube reviewers you've chosen to send a sample to?
The little bow tie is from my little girl :)

I have some youtube reviewers in mind, but I haven't contacted them yet. I will do so once I have the following:
1) website launched
2) some reviews and build photos from you guys
3) packaging and some from the bulk (500 pcs) ready to send out to the reviewers
4) prepare a more proper media info kit, rather than just a casual email to the reviewers

Note: But "now" my priority is to prepare shipping all the boxes to your guys first!!!

But even then only they can decide whether to review my case... but I will try my best at least to show them I have put in the effort, and not some amateur.

Let me know if you know any of them, and great if you could help put in a good word for me, and maybe as a tester request them do a review. :D It's not ideal if I am the only one to blow my own trumpet.

Last edited:

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@macbosco it looks promising, do you have any idea about the pricing range at least? Maybe you mentioned somewhere and I missed it.
Nothing is confirmed yet, but it should be around the range of USD150-190 (from base unit only to full bundle). Final price depends on shipping costs. (tax will always not be included as varies a lot by country)

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
@macbosco I may have missed this through 24 pages of discussion, so please forgive me if I'm asking something that's already been answered.

Under the specifications you have on the first page, the GPU limits are "PCIe x16 3.0, double slot max. 300mm length." Can you tell me how tall (or wide) the card can be? I've got a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X that is 279 mm long x 140 mm tall/wide x 42 mm thick. Its power cables connect at the top. The Gigabyte mini you have in the pictures is 169 mm long x 131 mm tall/wide x 39 mm thick. Since it's 9 mm shorter than the MSI Gaming X, there appears to be room for the power connector on it; however, I'm wondering if the MSI Gaming X will have enough room to connect power to it without having to resort to a top hat.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
@macbosco The Gigabyte mini you have in the pictures is 169 mm long x 131 mm tall/wide x 39 mm thick. Since it's 9 mm shorter than the MSI Gaming X, there appears to be room for the power connector on it; however, I'm wondering if the MSI Gaming X will have enough room to connect power to it without having to resort to a top hat.
Reference post
Note the long card I use in the photo shoot is even taller at 140mm (MSI armor) and it is one of the tallest out there (a non-standard). ATX spec is about 122mm. I would say max this case can handle is 140mm.

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Reference post
Note the long card I use in the photo shoot is even taller at 140mm (MSI armor) and it is one of the tallest out there (a non-standard). ATX spec is about 122mm. I would say max this case can handle is 140mm.

Thanks @macbosco for the reply. The MSI Armor is the same height as the MSI Gaming X (the MSI Gaming X is 3 mm thicker than the Armor), so mine should work if yours did.

Longbow072

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 25, 2018
Ok, so this is the final cut for components on my build, both new and reused.

Mlstly gaming but might be getting in to some video editing, maybe 4k. I plan om doing a mild OC on the processor based on how the case and AIO performs.

Mobo- Asus z370
Processor- 6700k (option to uograde to 8700k)
Ram- Gskill 32 Gb 3000mhz
Storage- Samsung 950 M.2 boot drive 250 gb, Samsung 500 Gb SSD drive
Cooling- Coolermaster ML240R RGB
GPU- Nvidia FE 1080
Psu- Corsair 600w SFX

Last edited:

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Last edited: