Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
One last thing. Do note that I said the NH-L12. The NH-L12S will not work with the Trident Z. Fortunately, Noctua brought back the L12 because of a special request from a certain other small form factor case maker. So as long as you purchase an L12, you should be fine. You might also notice on Noctua's site that it states that only the NH-L12S comes with AM4 bracket but this has also changed with the re-release. Contrary to what Noctua's site says, like the L12S, this re-released L12 now also comes with the AM4 bracket (if you need it) in the box. I confirm this since I purchased the NH-L12 as of about a week ago. Silly me had purchased an AM4 bracket but I ended up having to return it due to its sudden inclusion in the re-release.
Yep! Thanks for the clarification! I bought a few months ago the new re-release!

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I just enjoyed looking at the case while it is being assemble. I dont really need a guide. Just want to see it in advance lol
:) I just made the video for the purpose of being an "installation guide", so just showing the key moments of assembly. There will be 3D render coming out soon just for eye candy. I have a copy with me but not yet ready for release, still need some touch ups.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I will send out invoices after Nov 2. I am giving those who have signed up some time (until end of Oct) to confirm my email and agree to pay.

BTW some updates: Nouvolo Youtube Channel
Specially got this up and running before I ship out to you testers.

I will try not to use printed materials. Everything will be delivered online. Save the environment!

Nouvolo Steck Installation Videos:

Can you take a picture (top down) of your case with the top cover off. I want to see if there is any extra room for the CPU cooler. Mine is 73mm high. And I'd LOVE not to have to switch

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I did, the picture is centered over the "tframe" "I frame" not over the CPU cooler, making it hard to distinguish.
Sorry but I have dismantled that rig and changed to something else, officially it will only support 70mm. It may fit, but I won't be surprised if it touches the side panels.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Sorry but I have dismantled that rig and changed to something else, officially it will only support 70mm. It may fit, but I won't be surprised if it touches the side panels.
Dang, really wanted to put my axp 200 muscle in this.

Edit: Deciding to go with id-cooling is-60 with a nf-f12 for 65mm total height. Should be plenty for an overclocked 1600(3.9 on all cores). (It was either between the is-60 or the geminii m5 + nf-f12.... But the geminii m5 has wierd math apparently 45.5(heatsink)+15(fan)=62.5 so it wont fit right)

Last edited:

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
Great instructional videos. Looks super easy to put a build together compared to a lot of SFF PC's I've assembled. I'll be curious to see how strong the hold is on the magnetic mounts, and worse case I've got a bunch of little NdFeB magnets lying around to augment as necessary.

Chinaman

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2018
Great instructional videos. Looks super easy to put a build together compared to a lot of SFF PC's I've assembled. I'll be curious to see how strong the hold is on the magnetic mounts, and worse case I've got a bunch of little NdFeB magnets lying around to augment as necessary.

I was thinking of drilling holes in the metal side panels. There are already screw holes drilled in the frame for the glass panels

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Deciding to go with id-cooling is-60 with a nf-f12 for 65mm total height. Should be plenty for an overclocked 1600(3.9 on all cores). (It was either between the is-60 or the geminii m5 + nf-f12.... But the geminii m5 has wierd math apparently 45.5(heatsink)+15(fan)=62.5 so it wont fit right)
I have the IS-60. It has terrible RAM compatibility and runs a bit hotter than the NH-L12. Get the NH-L12. It is much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
One last thing. Do note that I said the NH-L12. The NH-L12S will not work with the Trident Z. Fortunately, Noctua brought back the L12 because of a special request from a certain other small form factor case maker. So as long as you purchase an L12, you should be fine. You might also notice on Noctua's site that it states that only the NH-L12S comes with AM4 bracket but this has also changed with the re-release. Contrary to what Noctua's site says, like the L12S, this re-released L12 now also comes with the AM4 bracket (if you need it) in the box. I confirm this since I purchased the NH-L12 as of about a week ago. Silly me had purchased an AM4 bracket but I ended up having to return it due to its sudden inclusion in the re-release.

@Hifihedgehog, Thanks for posting this information. I purchased an AM4 mounting kit that I'm using on a setup with a NH-D9L. It's good to know that I won't have to purchase another for the NH-L12 that I'm thinking of purchasing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hifihedgehog

Chinaman

Trash Compacter
Sep 22, 2018
I'm running NH-L12S on a ryzen 5 2600 OC to 3.85ghz On prime95 only getting 72C highest with no AC room temp at 25C. Have the apx 100 copper with 120x25mm fan on the way going to test out which one will be better.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
@Hifihedgehog, Thanks for posting this information. I purchased an AM4 mounting kit that I'm using on a setup with a NH-D9L. It's good to know that I won't have to purchase another for the NH-L12 that I'm thinking of purchasing.
No problem. Something else to throw out there is that I purchased this from Noctua on Amazon. If you were to purchase from a vendor other than Noctua, it may end up being old stock that does not include the AM4 mounting kit. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Engr62

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
Btw I don't recommend Cryorig C7 if you go with ryzen, it's mount bracket for am4 itx is kind of weird... I gave up on it and has become a doorstopper now...

I've owned several Cryorig products, and their quality control is a little lacking. Some of the products are fine, and others have required me to do things like shave plastic off with an Exacto knife just to get the posts to fit in the backing plate holes they were supposed to fit in to start with. I also found the C7 to be pretty lacking at cooling either an i7-4790K or a Ryzen 7 1800X.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Even with a better fan (like nf-12) stock fan looks sub-par? I have lpx so ram compatability isn't an issue.
Yes. Additionally, the L12’s build quality is simply in a whole other league. The IS-60’s fins are far more pliable and they will bend very easily with hardly any pressure applied. On the other hand, the L12’s fins won’t even bend even when firmly grasping them during mounting. Also, some of the IS-60’s micro-fasteners that held the two or three outermost fins together fell off after mounting a new fan with the bracket. The fins are still firmly attached, but the wings of those fins now bend a teeny bit more. Speaking of which, I am actually in the process of selling mine off. If you (or anyone here, for that matter) are interested and reside in the US, I would part with my IS-60 for $5 plus shipping.

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Yes. Additionally, the L12’s build quality is simply in a whole other league. The IS60’s fins are far more pliable and they will bend very easily with hardly any pressure applied. On the other hand, the L12’s fins won’t even bend even when firmly grasping them during mounting. Also, some of the IS60’s micro-fasteners that held the two or three outermost fins together fell off after mounting a new fan with the bracket. The fins are still firmly attached, but the wings of those fins now bend a teeny bit more. Speaking of which, I am actually in the process of selling mine off. If you (or anyone here, for that matter) are interested and reside in the US, I would part with my IS60 for $5 plus shipping.

Not nearly as nice as I'd have thought.

Hifihedgehog

May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Not nearly as nice as I'd have thought.
That said, it still cools quite well, markedly better than my Wraith Spire ever did. But then, the L12 is a little bit better than that.

EDIT: To any other interested buyers out there, note that as I upgraded from the IS-60, I had also switched from regular to tall RAM. So unlike the L12, the IS-60 does not fit tall RAM especially high performance models like the Trident Z 2x8GB 3600 MHz Cl15 kit.

EDIT2: Sold!

Last edited: