Production Nouvolo Steck - SFF 8.7-11.2L ITX PC Case, supports liquid cooling

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
OK I will send out invoices earlier to all those replied these couple days. There are couple who haven't replied, those slots will be given to others down the line if I don't hear from them by 31 Oct.

So for those who signed up for black, there is still a chance. ;)

Edit: ALL invoices sent, 2 black ones not yet replied, sit tight for re-allocation later :p

Last edited:

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Nouvolo Steck - Community Tester Bundle Signup Form

Summary:
- estimated shipping time within the month of Nov 2018
- bundle priced @USD100 includes shipping, BUT excludes all duties and taxes
- limited availability 16 units available altogether in different colors
- first come first served basis in general, but I do have a few personal preference ;)
- you will be contacted via pm here or by email on details to complete the transaction
- testers are very much encouraged to post their builds and reviews with photos (especially for mods)

(suggestion: maybe post photos of the layout of your desk or room, not necessarily just photo of the rig, everybody will look similar)

Would like to thank you for all your support. You have made this all possible!!! New photos will be posted in the coming few days

It’s not allowing me to sign up for testing.

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
It’s not allowing me to sign up for testing.
Sorry tester sign up has ended.
There is plan for this to be launched in KS and through Nouvolo website (to be launched also soon ;). Please check out this thread for any updates. Please note that the tester pack is offered at a lower price for the community. KS and retail price will be higher later on.

bigdh625

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 28, 2018
Dang, applied but didn't get in. Was excited to powdercoat the raw metal one in olive green. Excited to see you testers get your shipments though!

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
Sorry tester sign up has ended.
There is plan for this to be launched in KS and through Nouvolo website (to be launched also soon ;). Please check out this thread for any updates. Please note that the tester pack is offered at a lower price for the community. KS and retail price will be higher later on.
I just want one already. :(

Looks like now it’s january like Louqe ghost.
Patience it is. Thank you for the info :)

Mistercloudz

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 22, 2018
I have designed a stackable unit for AIO coolers (240 cooler x1 OR 120 cooler + HDD tray) plus possibly USB connections. It uses compatible brackets as the main unit. As design of this case is symmetrical the stackable unit can fit top or bottom with no issues. I will complete design of the holes and grills for the holding tray.

The 4 sides of the hollow shaped stack unit will be welded together using plates. I suspect this maybe cheaper than aluminum extrusion? Your experience and information is appreciated. Furthermore, I suspect that for higher/taller dimensions there are issues with shrinking and twisting around the waist from extrusion, and thus increase failure rate and wastage.

My plan is to have all parts to be prototype at the same time, so to avoid any issues at a later stage.

This answered my question. Awesome. I feel that it might be better airflow through the internals. Looks like I have to wait till next year. Can’t wait.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
OK I will send out invoices earlier to all those replied these couple days. There are couple who haven't replied, those slots will be given to others down the line if I don't hear from them by 31 Oct.

So for those who signed up for black, there is still a chance. ;)

Edit: ALL invoices sent, 2 black ones not yet replied, sit tight for re-allocation later :p
Do you have one estimated shipping date for the tester batch? :)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Should be shipped out from Hong Kong before mid Nov. Will all be sent out via DHL/Fedex, so it should arrive before the end of Nov. Ideally get them shipped out in the 1st week of Nov.
Thanks a lot!!! So I can plan better the build! :) Great job, really!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Do I have another question: The GPU is still easily removable when everything is assembled? Oh man, I am so impatient!

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
Whew. Thanks for the timeline update. At least I have a little bit of time left to RMA my motherboard, something that came out of left field this last couple of weeks. In trying to figure out why my BIOS settings weren't all taking, the BIOS chip got trashed in an reflashing attempt. This made sense since it was flaky to begin with, where it would not recover with a CMOS clear. Besides, the BIOS was already on its last legs anyway and it was a miracle that it survived the other flash attempts when more and more problems began to crop up. Fortunately, ASRock stepped up to the plate and will replace the whole shebang, completely free of charge. I just hope they have an expedited shipping option so I can get this back zippy and on-time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chinaman

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Do I have another question: The GPU is still easily removable when everything is assembled? Oh man, I am so impatient!
Very good question, just remember whenever you seem to be stuck with GPU, unscrew the riser card. This should give it more room to manouvre. Ultimately detach front panel then you have one end completely free.