Completed Lone Industries L5 - 4.6L Mini ITX

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
The FPS have ranged between 14-31, but on average they mostly stayed around 15-17.

As Settings i use: the standard
Preset: Custom
API: DirectX 11
Quality: High
Stereo 3D: Disabled
Monitors: Single
Anit-alising: Off
Full Screen: On
Resolution: System

If you want me to set specific settings let me know.

Are you at 1440p? Usually I test at 1080p, higher resolution and the fps is too low to glean much info. The other settings look the same as mine. Press F9 and it'll show you results at the end of the loop

Here's mine at stock iGPU and 3200CL16, hopefully as apples-to-apples as possible

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Also stock iGPU with 1080p and 3200CL16:

Interesting. I had a similar 3-4fps average drop going to F13 at identical settings (46.1 F13 vs 49.9 F13l), but it doesn't tell the whole story as there's at least one dip in every scene (fps drops like crazy then rebounds quickly within the same second). Did you notice any fluctuations in the fps counter during the test? In scene two there's always a one-time ~5fps drop as camera crests the hill, but aside from that fps should be relatively smooth

Aurum

Chassis Packer
Aug 18, 2020
I was wondering if the small distance between the CPU cooler and the two front case fans would negatively affect the airflow. I mean that this blows away the air which flows from the CPU cooler to the bottom a little bit.

What are your opinions?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I was wondering if the small distance between the CPU cooler and the two front case fans would negatively affect the airflow. I mean that this blows away the air which flows from the CPU cooler to the bottom a little bit.

What are your opinions?

I don't believe this is an issue. The case fans help to reduce and maintain stable temperatures.

Reactions: Aurum and nubbins

Aurum

Chassis Packer
Aug 18, 2020
Has anyone tried running an AMD Ryzen 7 5900X in a Lone L5 along with the G-Unique Arch Daemon DC-ATX and Adapter Technology ATS200T-P120?

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
Has anyone tried running an AMD Ryzen 7 5900X in a Lone L5 along with the G-Unique Arch Daemon DC-ATX and Adapter Technology ATS200T-P120?

Cooler under 70mm? NH-L12S will throttle a 142W 5900X if you use it for its intended content creation purposes. I already get similar temps on just my L12 Ghost S1 as you do on your AXP100 copper, so I'm pretty sure the L12S is as good as it gets.

Eco Mode 5900X would be no problem for that power brick, but at that point, you're really not getting what you paid for. A stock or CO-undervolted 5900X runs 80-100W already under just 1- or 2-core gaming loads, so running Eco Mode or capped PPT will affect all-round performance, not just MT loads.

Maybe if your sole objective is r/sffpc e-peen

mehran

Case Bender
New User
Sep 10, 2021
Hi,

There is currently no ETA. During the winter months I tend to have more time, so maybe winter 2022.
Do you think you can work on a variation of the L5 with a Flex ATX PSU fitted into the GPU space? I saw you've already considered fitting an HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX instead of a GPU and some Flex ATX PSUs are pretty much the same size. It's just that the behind panel where the GPU sticks out should be redesigned to a single wider outlet instead of the current two narrow ones and with the holes to screw the PSU.
If you think this is doable, I would rather wait for it even though the rest of my hardware is already ready. There are not that many small form factor cases for an APU out there. Especially one that can house a big CPU cooler. Everyone's just interested in gaming PCs!
Thanks

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Do you think you can work on a variation of the L5 with a Flex ATX PSU fitted into the GPU space? I saw you've already considered fitting an HDPLEX 400W HiFi DC-ATX instead of a GPU and some Flex ATX PSUs are pretty much the same size. It's just that the behind panel where the GPU sticks out should be redesigned to a single wider outlet instead of the current two narrow ones and with the holes to screw the PSU.
If you think this is doable, I would rather wait for it even though the rest of my hardware is already ready. There are not that many small form factor cases for an APU out there. Especially one that can house a big CPU cooler. Everyone's just interested in gaming PCs!
Thanks

I'm not really doing anymore computer case design at this time.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Aurum and cleveland

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
the perfect case!

so I came home for Lunar New Year celebration and this is what I brought back to add to my dad's corner

The L5 snuck into the corner perfectly and freed up a lot of space on the desk for him (replacing the Dan-A4 that I left for him a year ago). The spec is nothing too fancy but also would last him a long time I feel
  • 5600G + Scythe Big Shuriken 3 - got the combo used for cheap
  • X570i Aorus Pro Wifi+ 32GB Ripjaws V DDR4 3200C16 - also used stuff on bargains
  • 512GB Samsung OEM NVME Gen.3 - recycled from my previous builds
  • Lone L5 + Arch Daemon 200W + Mini-box 192W brick - the most expensive parts of the build LOL

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lone

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
@Lone I recall you saying a few pages back that the Impact probably isn't compatible?

Guess what I put in the L5 today :)

This all stems from my 15-month slowly building seething rage at my POS B550I Aorus that suddenly died the day before yesterday. Impact is far from practical, fitment is more like 95%, and really doesn't work out of the box, but isn't hard at all and needs no cutting. I'll get some better photos tmr

I used to use the Impact with my 5900X but moved my loop back onto the Unify-X today. So now I finally get to play with the 5700G on a real OC board that actually deserves it (cough Gigabyte cough)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@Lone I recall you saying a few pages back that the Impact probably isn't compatible?

Guess what I put in the L5 today :)

This all stems from my 15-month slowly building seething rage at my POS B550I Aorus that suddenly died the day before yesterday. Impact is far from practical, fitment is more like 95%, and really doesn't work out of the box, but isn't hard at all and needs no cutting. I'll get some better photos tmr

I used to use the Impact with my 5900X but moved my loop back onto the Unify-X today. So now I finally get to play with the 5700G on a real OC board that actually deserves it (cough Gigabyte cough)

that is awesome man! I've always thought dimension-wise it should fit. now confirm where my C8I will be in 3-5 years time 🤣🤣🤣

EDIT: not sure if you have an LP GPU but if you do, can put it in and take a photo pls?

nubbins

Trash Compacter
Feb 17, 2021
that is awesome man! I've always thought dimension-wise it should fit. now confirm where my C8I will be in 3-5 years time 🤣🤣🤣

EDIT: not sure if you have an LP GPU but if you do, can put it in and take a photo pls?

My usual bench duty GT610 ran off somewhere so here's a 5450

Impact memes aside I'll probably try and get a hold of a Big Shuriken 3 if the Aorus RMA goes smoothly. Any VRM heatsink clearance issues on your X570 Aorus board?

Lone

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
Can someone tell me which screws are used for the L5? I lost some of them.

Fastener Express
#31490 - M3 x 6mm Flat Head Phillips (case screws)
#31542 - M3 x 6mm Pan Head Phillips (expansion ports)
#32040 - 6-32 x 1/4" Pan Head Phillips (motherboard)

Ebay
M2.5 x 8mm Pan Head Phillips Self Tapping (Mini DIN connector screws)

Last edited: