Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Hey all

I know I've been teasing a lot lately, but bear with me :)

we are making the second prototype very soon, and as most structural work has been done I had time to do a bunch of renders to test all different styles that could work with this case.

If you have a favorite please tell me! to keep things simple and affordable we will not be able to do crazy custom collors, but rather some pre-config models to choose from, so pick you favorites! I'm planning to have 4 to 5 styles to choose from, so it will be nice to know what you liked the most!

Awesome job man!
My favourite is pic 6/9, but that's just my taste.
Keep it up

EDIT: 11/14 is my new favourite XD

Last edited:
Reactions: owliwar

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Hey all

I know I've been teasing a lot lately, but bear with me :)

we are making the second prototype very soon, and as most structural work has been done I had time to do a bunch of renders to test all different styles that could work with this case.

If you have a favorite please tell me! to keep things simple and affordable we will not be able to do crazy custom collors, but rather some pre-config models to choose from, so pick you favorites! I'm planning to have 4 to 5 styles to choose from, so it will be nice to know what you liked the most!

edit: redid the gallery, there is 14 numbered options now :)

Number 2 reminds me of my old Atari 2600 .... I love it !

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Personally, I like all except the ones with pattern. They somehow looks unnatural to me.
to be fair the rendering doesn't make justice to how the patterns looks once they're etched, but the patterned ones wont be the only options for sure :)

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016

--snip--
Been following this for a while now, absolutely loving how the project is coming along!

My favorites are in order #3, #4, #11, and #2. I really like how the cherry wood contrasts the rest of the dark case and I love the complementing pattern. I also very much like how the star pattern fits in with the whole darker aesthetic of #4. I can only imagine it being horizontal, to where the metallic line sits like a horizon line with all the stars above it.

I've also shared the with an artist friend of mine and he picked out his four favorites in this order: #16, #14, #12, #13.
He loved #16 in particular, his comment were: "The last one looks so much like my childhood, like a piece of warm 80s audio equipment."

He did also say that he was not a fan of the bright white exterior variant. Though I personally like white cases, I think I agree with him. I don't like how little contrast there is between the white acrylic and the brighter woods and shiny metals of the front. #10 is the most bearable out of all the white-exterior variants, in that it has the most contrast between the front and the rest of the exterior.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hi @SumGhai! thanks for the in depth answer :) and for showing your artist friend as well, really appreciate the feedback!

good point on the contrast. Its something I wasn't sure what I wasn't really liking. White is really hard to capture on render, and I'm tempted to do at least one prototype to see how it looks personally. I'm personally gearing towards the #10 in this case, if I were to pick a white case.

I guess some sku will look better in horizontal mode. I'll make sure to add pictures in both orientation. I agree that the #4 looks better in horizontal position

I'm really fan of audio equipment :) (I had a teenage garage band haha), and I have very found memories of this 90s and 80s aesthetics mixed together.
I have some plans on making a mod in the #16 to make a built in amplifier with bass and treble adjustments with all the knobs in the front panel but It will definitely take a while haha can't promise tho

In brazil we were watching the 80's and 90's shows in the late 90s at the same time. we already have teenagers that are like 'maan the 80s where the time to be alive'. todays trivia

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
as @K888D Announced in the Lazer3D HT5 thread, I'm now a proud member of the Lazer3D team!
We were colaborating for quite a while now and it may be no suprise to some of you that have been following here, but I just liked to disclore here as well.

What it means for the future of project gregory is that this case will be in very good hands, the best materials, a better global position and a bright future indeed. This project will continue and hopefully future cases will come.

Also I'll disclosure the new name for this case once we got some other things ready and fully defined ;)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
as @K888D Announced in the Lazer3D HT5 thread, I'm now a proud member of the Lazer3D team!
We were colaborating for quite a while now and it may be no suprise to some of you that have been following here, but I just liked to disclore here as well.

What it means for the future of project gregory is that this case will be in very good hands, the best materials, a better global position and a bright future indeed. This project will continue and hopefully future cases will come.

Also I'll disclosure the new name for this case once we got some other things ready and fully defined ;)
Well, that's just damn impressive :)

AleksandarK

/dev/null
May 14, 2017

Congrats on that. The things will now only go forward for you and the case will be top quality.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys!
So, there still over a month before this case launches, but we are making sure everything is as neat as possible , thanks for being patient, but case development is a really long job XD

we had a new prototype done, and its gorgeous :)
engraving makes the acrylic a bit lighter, so its not that deep black we were hoping for but I still dig it. since we are divided on this, we'd like to know what you guys think of this style.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Ok, I decided on option B. and after looking at some comments on the HT5 I decided the test the look of tinted panel without venting holes and being honest I quite liked it.

remember the case comes with a extra rear panel so both layouts will come bundled in the case

Reactions: DSE and AleksandarK

cupofjoakim

Efficiency Noob
Nov 22, 2017
Well, tempered glass is way too common. I personally wouldn't go for that though, it really takes away the nice 80's and 90's amplifier feel.

Reactions: owliwar