Production cases for Low profile video cards by Custom_MOD

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Lately, I've been increasingly asked to make cases for Low-profile video cards. It seems like a good idea to create a thread here and show them to you.
I'll start with the model I'm making for mass production. It seems my old model SLM1 is no longer popular. This is understandable, because now there are new power supplies from HDPlex 250Gan and 500Gan, now there is no point in having a pico PSU and an external “brick”. So, I remade the SLM1 4L model, and now it is the SLM1 3.9L LP edit.

SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Size: 3.9L (318mm x 195mm x 64mm)
  • Material: aluminum (1.5mm)
  • Weight: 0.8kg
  • Powder paint: Black or other color according to the RAL catalog
COMPATIBILITY:
  • MB:mini-ITX (170x170mm)
  • GPU LP: length up to 190mm (two slots)
  • Cooler:height up to 39mm
  • RAM:height up to 47 mm
  • Storage: M.2
  • PSU: HDPlex 250 GaN
  • PCI-e riser: 100mm
  • And another bonus for those who are not afraid to remove the casing and fan from the video card. Remove and install two 80x25mm fans for better cooling!

Order a Case on the website

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Custom case 493. by Custom_MOD​

I finished another project for a client from Sweden.
r/sffpc - Custom case 493. by Custom_MOD
Size: 204 x 290 x 67mm (3.96L)
Material: Aluminum 1-1.5mm
Weight: 0.78 kg
Powder paint: Black texture
Compatibility:
MB: mini-ITX
Cooler: >47mm
GPU: Low Profile dual slots
PCIe riser: 270 ° 250mm
PSU: HDplex 250W GaN
FANs: 2x 60mm; 2x 80mm
If you need a unique case, don’t be shy, write to me custommodsff@gmail.com.

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hi guys!

I know many people change cooling on Low Profile video cards. Several of my clients have ordered mini cases with instructions to add mounting spaces for Noctua NF-A8 PWM fans. They wrote that they would remove standard cooling on their Giga 4060 LP.

r/sffpc - Custom cooling for Giga RTX 4060 LowProfile
Gigabyte RTX 4060 LowProfile

I recently presented to the community my new Custom_MOD SLM1 3.9L case, which is designed to install two 80x25mm fans instead of standard video card cooling.

Custom_MOD SLM1 3.9L

I was provided with a Giga RTX 4060 OC LP video card and I decided to check how effective such a replacement of the cooling system is. I'm always looking for a way to make my case models smaller, so I was also interested in testing out the NF-A6x25 PWM fans. They are smaller and will make it possible to make the SLM1 3.9L even smaller!

So, the standard cooling system is the most compact, and this is a plus. It is also not very noisy, if I turn on low music in the speakers I don’t hear it. Temperature under load FurMark 69°C at room 20°C.

Now I threw a pair of NF-A6x25 PWM fans onto the video card heat sink. They are connected to the motherboard and worked at maximum speed. Temperature under load FurMark 60°C, which is 9 degrees less. The noise from the fans is about the same, only a little more pleasant, or maybe it’s just a little quieter.

Let's see what a difference a pair of NF-A8 PWM fans will make. I’ll write right away that I didn’t like the noise, it’s no longer pleasant. The temperature was 4 degrees lower and was only 56°C.

Conclusions: The standard cooling system is quite good, but if space allows, you can replace it with a pair of NF-A6x25 PWM. I think they can be connected to the native connector on the video card via an adapter. I think it will be quieter and more efficient than stock. I don't see any advantage to the NF-A8 PWM fans.

If I'm wrong, write in the comments, I need feedback to improve my projects.