Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

K888D

SFF Guru
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
There is an issue with the configurator software that I am having trouble resolving. The CG7 configurator may need to be moved over to a different plugin. In the meantime I have replied to @emrys email regarding placing a manual order with us. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email.

• Wow
Reactions: emrys

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 7, 2017
@owliwar @K888D - Have you ever consider doing a version for larger matx/atx boards? Same layout, HDPLEX 400W powered?
yeah, We considered this very early on. moved to the mini itx / flex atx layout first.
I do have the files for the larger version but I never had the time to finish it.

One thing we might have to check is how financially viable is making a larger version for hdplex only. Matx only makes no sense, sure, ATX to go
but then we might also add support for full size GPUs. then the build gets complicated.
would it be worth it to make it support low profile cards as well? I'm not so sure.
just to explain a bit whats on my mind when i think about this larger version and where i'm stuck on.

just to understand your needs better,
What would you like to build in this version?

Thanks!

emrys

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 26, 2020
There is an issue with the configurator software that I am having trouble resolving. The CG7 configurator may need to be moved over to a different plugin. In the meantime I have replied to @emrys email regarding placing a manual order with us. Please check your spam/junk folder for this email.
sorry,

I haven't received any related emails so far. Including spam/junk folder 😭😭
my mail address [email protected] or [email protected] (Anxious to buy this CG7 case)

Reactions: K888D and owliwar

Analogue Blacksheep

Airflow Optimizer
Bronze Supporter
Dec 2, 2018
yeah, We considered this very early on. moved to the mini itx / flex atx layout first.
I do have the files for the larger version but I never had the time to finish it.

One thing we might have to check is how financially viable is making a larger version for hdplex only. Matx only makes no sense, sure, ATX to go
but then we might also add support for full size GPUs. then the build gets complicated.
would it be worth it to make it support low profile cards as well? I'm not so sure.
just to explain a bit whats on my mind when i think about this larger version and where i'm stuck on.

just to understand your needs better,
What would you like to build in this version?

Thanks!
No problem, I'm a graphic designer by trade. The software I tend to use is CPU and sometimes RAM heavy. A full size GPU is nice, but I'm surprised at how well my current 1650 LP is doing. As for other low profile cards I can see myself using, it would be a wifi card and m.2 expansion cards. If I was to go ATX the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE as my board of choice.

Something like this case, but with 5 to 7 low profile expansion slots. Portability would also be a huge plus.

Reactions: K888D and owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Apr 7, 2017
No problem, I'm a graphic designer by trade. The software I tend to use is CPU and sometimes RAM heavy. A full size GPU is nice, but I'm surprised at how well my current 1650 LP is doing. As for other low profile cards I can see myself using, it would be a wifi card and m.2 expansion cards. If I was to go ATX the ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE as my board of choice.

Something like this case, but with 5 to 7 low profile expansion slots. Portability would also be a huge plus.
I See, a fellow designer then :)
yeah, thats mostly what I do with my CG7 as well. I so mostly illustrations and product design. both are very single threaded work and almost gpu-less.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!