Production Lazer3D CG7 Cravo - Low profile silent case (slim mATX | mini itx)

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Hello everyone, a few people have been asking for updates on the launch date for the CG7. I apologise for the delay as we have now gone past the time frame we originally mentioned, we are working as hard as we can to get this launched as soon as possible.

Production is almost complete, but with Christmas and New Years Holidays around the corner I do not think realistically we will be able to launch before the end of this year. The expected launch date for the CG7 Cravo has now moved into in early January, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused.

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
CG7 Launch is getting closer, here is a sneak peak of the user manual:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
hello everyone, great news! Its finally happening!

The case will be available with stock for all options on launch day at Overclockers UK, and if you are outside of OCUK shipping countries, you can order at our website. We are finishing up the configuration so it will be easier to choose your style.

some of our stock ready to be delivered to overclockers

Thanks everyone for the support!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017

Hi everyone, finally the day has come!

The Lazer3D CG7 Cravo is available NOW to order from OverclockersUK for EU and US customers, or direct from us for the rest of the world.

The CG7 is completely customizable with over 150 material/colour design combinations to choose from through our simple configurator that you can check here.

The Case supports either M-ITX motherboards and TFX power supplies, or slim M-ATX (up to 244mm x 195mm) with DC-DC power supplies. The case is also compatible with low profile PCIe expansion cards, up to 4x slim 92mm fans, up to 6x 2.5″ storage drives and features 73mm of CPU cooler height. Check out the product’s page for more details and information.

Its been a honor developing this case here in the forum, and I'm really gratefull for all the support!

if you dont mind, whats your favorite combination? let me know what you'll get!

gRYFT3R

Case Bender
Feb 2, 2019
Very exciting to see this case launching.

With regard to the C14 plug length and HDPlex 400W AC-DC compatibility, it seems Larry is including a different C14 connector with the new 400W units (going by the product images). This one looks like it may have a bit of play compared to the original metal one on the 160W unit, and may allow the 400W AC-DC to fit in CG7 afterall.

Reactions: K888D and owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Very exciting to see this case launching.

With regard to the C14 plug length and HDPlex 400W AC-DC compatibility, it seems Larry is including a different C14 connector with the new 400W units (going by the product images). This one looks like it may have a bit of play compared to the original metal one on the 160W unit, and may allow the 400W AC-DC to fit in CG7 afterall.
Thanks for the Info! I'll keep an eye on it
I dont really expect more than 300w load on this case though but who knows.
Overclocking some 16 cores cpus might pull that much alone right? that would be very interesting to see

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
I think the HDPLEX 400w AC-DC has become more relevant now that the 300w version has been discontinued. Your choices are basically the 400w AC-DC which can power pretty much anything you could squeeze into the CG7, or the 160w AC-DC which would be suitable for an APU build or a 65w TDP CPU and a GTX 1050Ti level build.

I think we did add mounting points to the internal brackets for the 400w AC-DC, @owliwar can you confirm this?

In terms of power connector, as far as I can tell the new 400w AC-DC is shipped with 2 connectors in the box, the standard C14 (kettle lead) type, and the new slimmer C8 type.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
hey, a bit of a personal system upgrade but I think it fits this thread anyway?

got a new ssd. My old 120gb ssd was soo full from my programs and windows wasnt even updating anymore because of lack of space
so I got a 480ssd. I also updated my 1tb hdd. the old one was dying on me. and now I got a 480ssd for boot drive, an 120gb ssd for working files and a 1tb storage.
I also flipped my case fans. they were at exaust but with this passive gpu blocking the air path I think it was not very efficient.

last but not least, a new monitor finaly!! nothing fancy but way lighter than my old one (my monitor arm doest feel heavy anymore) and its IPS so thats great.

here you can see that I put the middle drive is flipped, because I had the right angle sata on this. and it worked really well.
for future updates I'm planning on getting a very short sata cable like this

cheers

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hey everyone,
a few people have been asking for a list of CG7 compatible micro atx motherboards So I made a spreadsheet list for that, hope that helps you all.

Theres around 70 micro atx motherboards on that list already so I hope it helps planning your builds.
the 2nd page is editable, so if you got a different board that isnt in the list please feel free to feel add that as well
Cheers!

Reactions: smitty2k1 and K888D

Bls

Efficiency Noob
Mar 9, 2019
Hi, first time posting on this or any other thread. I recently came across this case and subsequently this thread, and was very excited by what I found. So excited that I am now the proud owner of one of these cases! @owliwar you've designed something really beautiful here, and I'm so pleased with it.

I was actually one of the people you referenced in your latest post who emailed Lazer3D and asked for a mATX motherboard list. You guys responded so quickly, thank you all so much.

I should let you know that I ordered the Gigabyte B450M S2H mobo based on that list, and while it fits within the limits of the case frame, unfortunately it interferes with the power switch. I had wondered why there were two areas given in the clearances section of the manual (195x244mm as well as 205x230mm). I understand why these exist nowXD.

This is not me having a rant on the forum, I totally accept responsibility for my purchase. I just want to let you know that this particular mobo should not be on your recommendations list, and give a bit of a heads up to other buyers. To those who are considering buying this case, get one. As long as you do your research a little better than I did, you shouldn't have any problems and will love this case!

FYI I'm now going to play it safe and get a mini ITX board. I was hoping for some extra PCIe slots for a sound card and WiFi/Bluetooth card, but I'll just stump up for a board with WiFi & Bluetooth included and make do with it's inbuilt sound.

If anyone is interested I could be persuaded to post pic of the build ;)

Cheers all!

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
Hi, first time posting on this or any other thread. I recently came across this case and subsequently this thread, and was very excited by what I found. So excited that I am now the proud owner of one of these cases! @owliwar you've designed something really beautiful here, and I'm so pleased with it.

I was actually one of the people you referenced in your latest post who emailed Lazer3D and asked for a mATX motherboard list. You guys responded so quickly, thank you all so much.

I should let you know that I ordered the Gigabyte B450M S2H mobo based on that list, and while it fits within the limits of the case frame, unfortunately it interferes with the power switch. I had wondered why there were two areas given in the clearances section of the manual (195x244mm as well as 205x230mm). I understand why these exist nowXD.

This is not me having a rant on the forum, I totally accept responsibility for my purchase. I just want to let you know that this particular mobo should not be on your recommendations list, and give a bit of a heads up to other buyers. To those who are considering buying this case, get one. As long as you do your research a little better than I did, you shouldn't have any problems and will love this case!

FYI I'm now going to play it safe and get a mini ITX board. I was hoping for some extra PCIe slots for a sound card and WiFi/Bluetooth card, but I'll just stump up for a board with WiFi & Bluetooth included and make do with it's inbuilt sound.

If anyone is interested I could be persuaded to post pic of the build ;)

Cheers all!

Hi Bis, Welcome to the forum!

First of all, I'm really sorry for that clearance issue! Thanks for letting me know, I just checked the list and removed that motherboard as well as another couple mishaps. I really hope you could get a replacement or refund for that motherboard, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your case!!! that means a lot. Please post some pics here, I really want to know what model you got?

Hope your build goes well,
Cheers

Bls

Efficiency Noob
Mar 9, 2019
Hi Bis, Welcome to the forum!

First of all, I'm really sorry for that clearance issue! Thanks for letting me know, I just checked the list and removed that motherboard as well as another couple mishaps. I really hope you could get a replacement or refund for that motherboard, I'm really sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm glad that you're enjoying your case!!! that means a lot. Please post some pics here, I really want to know what model you got?

Hope your build goes well,
Cheers

OK, not 100% sure if sharing images this way works, but here goes nothing!

Bls

Efficiency Noob
Mar 9, 2019
In the meantime, I'll write up my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Nvidia Quadro P620
Mobo: Gigabyte B450M S2H mATX - soon to be changed for an Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8 GB DDR4 3200
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9A-AM4
Case Fans: 2 x NF-A9x14 PWM Slim 92mm
SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2
PSU: HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX w/ external Dell Alienware 330W power brick

For the case I went for the Bourbon front and matt black shell and internals. Not the most adventurous of combos, but to my eye the most aesthetically pleasing.

I plan on adding more 2.5" SSDs, but wanted to have the build in front of me to figure out how much space I will have left for them. As things currently stand (new mobo permitting) I should be able to add four using the dedicated SSD bracket and the fan bracket with SSD mounting holes.

I'm sure many of you will have already guessed, but this is going to be more of a small workstation rather than a gaming PC. I'm an architecture student, and will need do to some reasonably hefty CAD modelling whilst maintaining as much desk space as possible for sketches and real life model making. I had my eye on the Nvidia Quadro P1000, as it will also fit inside this case, but I can't currently justify the extra £180 jump in price.

Hopefully your imaginations can fill in the gaps left by forum newbishness!