KMPKT Heatsink Discussion

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
So apparently soldering copper to aluminum is a bitch but copper to copper isn't. Will hopefully be getting the full copper prototype soldered next week. Alu/Alu, Cu/Alu is off the table for the time being due to the limitations of the people I've been able to find with the capabilities to put a prototype of this together.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Is there any chance this will come out by June?

I'm buying parts for a new PC, one piece at a time. The Black Ridge should become available April 4th and I intend to buy it..... unless there is a better alternative. I'm based in the US so shipping the Black Ridge will be extra.

Plus, I'd rather support a small business like yours.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
Original poster
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
No chance of this coming out commercially by June. If testing is favourable then I will be finalizing IP protection etc. before proceeding with any kind of manufacture etc.

scatterforce

Master of Cramming
May 21, 2018
Thank you for the feedback. I might find a need for your cooler, but will go forward and buy the Black Ridge in the mean time.

I hope testing goes well!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Picked up the heatsink fully soldered together today. Full copper, hefty as F and will hopefully cool like a beast. Simply need to bend heat pipes, assemble and will have a working prototype!

Very much hype. Pictures?

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
As much as my heart wants to see pictures, my brain reminds me that the same concerns about IP and patenting are probably still in effect. If memory serves, you were waiting to do testing prior to filing for patent and copyright stuff, right @Kmpkt? In the <modified> words of the song, "If <seeing pictures and performance numbers> is wrong, I don't wanna be right." Regardless, congratulations on a big milestone that's been a long time in the making, and best of luck moving forward!