Prototype jottwehh 3.99l

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
That looks really good mate!! But what are you going to do about the panels?

If you are in the EU and needs simple things to be printed, I can possibly help.

Also congrats on getting married. Your life is about to change forever :)

jmsantos1983

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 12, 2017
Love the case.
Would it help if you put the power on the top, the fans on the botton and the middle of the mother board and gpu a slim disc drive?

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Goooooodness, are you going to try to move this case to market? It's such a cool design.

Skeo

Chassis Packer
Apr 3, 2017
Yessss! Why do all of these SFF cases make me so excited? Make it a few mm longer and it could fit a 1080/ti ;)

Last edited:

jottwehh

Bonobo
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
Thanks again for your feedback! Much appreciate that!

But what are you going to do about the panels?
Do you plan on putting some panels?
I'm working on a 2D 1.5mm aluminum panel design. When I finished the setup I will order them.

Which GPU is that, because all of that stuff contained into 3.99 Liters is amazing.
Its just a EVGA 960. (i don't need more at the moment) Should have take the redox off... :( the Redux does NOT fit on GPU with side panels on. It was just for testing... In general a 180mm GPU should fit.

Make it a few mm longer and it could fit a 1080/ti ;)
Actually I'm working on a 2nd. design. Thats also a reason why II haven't finished this project yet.
I think I will redesign this one, so max GPU is 175mm but add a little bit in weight, so a L9i + redux will fit.
keeping 3.99L is the main target.

The other Project I'm working on is a 4.99L Case with:
GPU up to 227mm (new 1080ti)
460W total (HDplex 300W + 160W AC-DC & Dynamo + Dynamo mini)
CPU Cooler up to 50mm

jottwehh

Bonobo
Original poster
Mar 19, 2016
Isn't c7 pretty much as high as l9i +redid? If so it won't fit. Maybe 45mm is max.
But other than that I wouldn't really be too hyped about that case. It doesn't deserve more than a prototype status and probably will never be more.
And to be honest : since I've seen the new 650w flex atx PSUs( https://smallformfactor.net/news/flexatx-computex-2017-roundup) I think going for @sergiiua s 3.99l flex atx case is the way to go.
Another reason against my design is the incompatibility to the new 400W HDPLEX and the fact that you'll have to solder your cables.

Davila

Trash Compacter
May 28, 2017
I'm not looking for a flex PSU though. My system can run perfectly fine with 400W. That's why I'm just trying to find a case that has more space for cooling and less space for a PSU. I'd be fine with a G-Unique. And since this case is only a frame, It could easily be modified to anyone's needs since it is 3D-printable.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
205mm x 195mm x 100mm

With these dimensions a decently sized FDM printer could print this design as well. Would require a LOT of support material, but usually 45° overhangs can be printed without support, so maybe it could actually be oriented in such a way that minimal support structure is required. Then print with 100% infill and it could actually be quite stable.

I might have to try this when I receive my printer.

Reactions: SeñorDonut