Concept J-Hack STX Project

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Exciting news J-H!
STX really still seems to be a seriously super niche product, so it's great to seeing it get some attention.

I've got Thin ITX and recently added a NUC to the collection; STX has eluded me thus far.

A friend on here bought and ECS STX board on ebay recently, mainly to save me from myself! I was shocked, I thought only Asrock, Asus and Gigabyte made STX boards.
That said, I've only seen Gigabyte boards on their website, only the "2 As" have had them on open sale.

Dammit, that used H110 Deskmini that in my ebay watch list that I was trying to ignore is now calling to me again! ?

I admire your ingenuity, and will be back to you for an M2427 some time

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Exciting news J-H!
STX really still seems to be a seriously super niche product, so it's great to seeing it get some attention.

I've got Thin ITX and recently added a NUC to the collection; STX has eluded me thus far.

A friend on here bought and ECS STX board on ebay recently, mainly to save me from myself! I was shocked, I thought only Asrock, Asus and Gigabyte made STX boards.
That said, I've only seen Gigabyte boards on their website, only the "2 As" have had them on open sale.

Dammit, that H110 Deskmini that in my ebay watch list that I was trying to ignore is now calling to me again! ?

I admire your ingenuity, and will be back to you for an M2427 some time
I have a DeskMini 110 that I am using as a HTPC/Plex server and it has served me really well. I would be interested in a new case but I would need to be able to mount the Asrock USB 2.0 connectors and have 2x2.5 mounting.

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I have a DeskMini 110 that I am using as a HTPC/Plex server and it has served me really well. I would be interested in a new case but I would need to be able to mount the Asrock USB 2.0 connectors and have 2x2.5 mounting.

Are you using additional USB 2.0 ports?

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Yeah the lack of USB ports on the motherboard I/O is the only downside of the ASRock board, having those from USBs is very useful.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I love STX!
I think the internal PSU is what killed any chances of people being interested in my STX case, so I would say it's not worth it.

leo1981

Chassis Packer
May 25, 2020
Internal PSU, if possible.
STX has port in the front and back, including the 19V plug.
Are you re-routing the front ports?

H110 chipset is getting old, and A300 is going to be replaced with the X300 shortly.
Which motherboards are you planning to use?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Internal PSU, if possible.
STX has port in the front and back, including the 19V plug.
Are you re-routing the front ports?

H110 chipset is getting old, and A300 is going to be replaced with the X300 shortly.
Which motherboards are you planning to use?

I have a a300.

The front ports will have cutouts. Internal psu will be a possibility, I have found a candidate, but it requires me to work on sourcing some connectors.

Reactions: Arboreal

leo1981

Chassis Packer
May 25, 2020

This brickless custom STX build shows how small it can be.
I'm hoping for a case less than 2L.