Apr 28, 2017

LANDER 37 + ACRYLIC HONEYCOMB LID

LANDER 55 + 3D 120 USB LID

LANDER 37 + 3D 120 LID

LANDER 55 + 3D AIO LID

3D MESH + USB LID

VESA AND WALL MOUNT SUPPORTED

"SPECIAL EDITION" WITH BLACK OR SILVER 16MM SWITCH

SUPPORTS ADDING M.2 TO OCULINK RISER FOR EGPU (X300 ONLY)

Configure here https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-lander#case
Pricing starts at $50.
Handmade in USA. Free Shipping

LANDER is the result of a collaborative effort with J-HACK to create a second-gen, universal Deskmini 3D case of the highest possible quality. Lander is a configurable DeskMini replacement case which can be built out in dozens of different ways. It is compatible with all Deskmini models (AMD x300/a300 and Intel b660/h470).

Two Body Styles to optimize for size or performance

1. "Lander 37" / 1.4 Liters / 37mm Max CPU height for Noctua L9
2. "Lander 55" / 1.9 Liters / 57mm Max CPU height for IS-55, AXP-90, Wraith Stealth, Etc + 40mm Fan mounting

Five Different Acrylic + 3D Lid Styles

1. Acrylic Honeycomb
2. Acrylic Slats
3. 3D Mesh (+USB Optional. USB Cable)
4. 3D 120mm Cutout for 120x15 fan. Permits swapping any 92mm cooler's fan. (+USB Optional. USB Cable)
5. AIO/Waterblock cutout which allows 120mm rad. (Note: Deskmini has no SATA or RGB headers, not all AIOs fully supported)

Modules

1. SATA Storage module for 2x 7mm SATA SSD's
2. SATA Storage module for 2x 15mm SATA SSD's
3. VESA Mount Kit
4. EGPU over OCuLink using OneDock or OGRE250

Accessories​

1. Horizontal round feet (included)
2. Vertical stand/feet (optional).
3. 16mm Switch

-Availability: Built to order, ships in 1-2 weeks.
-We are still adding images into the configurator and improving it, so some images may be missing.

Last edited:

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com

LANDER 37 + ACRYLIC HONEYCOMB LID

LANDER 55 + ACRYLIC SLATS LID

LANDER 37 + 3D 120 CUTOUT LID

LANDER 55 + 3D AIO LID

LANDER is the result of a collaborative effort with J-HACK to create a second-gen, universal Deskmini 3D case of the highest possible quality. Lander is a configurable DeskMini replacement case which can be built out in dozens of different ways. It is compatible with all Deskmini models (AMD x300/a300 and Intel b660/h470).

Options:

Two Body Styles to optimize for size or performance
1. "Lander 37" / 1.4 Liters / 37mm Max CPU height for Noctua L9
2. "Lander 55" / 1.9 Liters / 57mm Max CPU height for IS-55, AXP-90, Wraith Stealth, Etc

Five Different Acrylic + 3D Lid Styles
1. Acrylic Honeycomb
2. Acrylic Slats
3. 3D Mesh
4. 3D 120mm Cutout which retains a 120x15 fan and permits swapping any 92mm cooler's fan to use a 120mm slim fan
5. AIO/Waterblock cutout which allows 120mm radiator config (Note: The Deskmini has no SATA or RGB headers, so not all AIO's can be fully supported)

Modules
1. SATA Storage module for 2x 7mm SATA SSD's
- Modules utilizing the rear m.2 are under development

Case Feet
Horizontal round feet (included) + "vertical" stand feet are available.

Availability - Shipping in 1-2 weeks (Built to order).

We are still adding images into the configurator and improving it, so some colors may be missing.

Holy baguette ! I need one in my life 🤤

Oooooh shiny, very nice!

oof, that shipping to New Zealand :(

$79.26 delivered to France is very reasonable (+ 20% VAT).

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021

It's really too good finally a microSTX case made to measure and which supports more than 47mm for the heatsink (what happiness!), from the beginning of next month (around February 6, so I hope that they will not be in out of stock), I would order the LANDER 55 with the "120MM CUTOUT" and the "LANDERFEET" all in matte black, and delivery in France and frankly for $84.26 with shipping costs (about €81 for me in France) it remains more than correct.

Only small downsides:
1/I am currently on an AKASA Cypher ST box and therefore I had the mounting points for the addition of 2 USB 2.0 ports but I saw that it was under study and being prepared on your side .

2/But on the other hand I use the official ASRock kit allowing via a 5-pin female header to have a 3.5mm audio jack to have the stereo audio output for speakers (the support for the 3.5mm jack connector fixing on a slot COM port with a screw fixing system at each end), do you have any solution for this? I put a photo of the adapter in question below maybe it will speak to you more than my description ^^

3/And yes, one last thing, on my AKASA Cypher ST box, I got used to the presence of a small RESET button which was still very practical when overclocking is unstable or the system freezes for X reasons , will there be an option in the future to add this button?

Otherwise thank you very much for the distribution of your concept which is simply excellent!

Reactions: msystems

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Only small downsides:
1/I am currently on an AKASA Cypher ST box and therefore I had the mounting points for the addition of 2 USB 2.0 ports but I saw that it was under study and being prepared on your side .

2/But on the other hand I use the official ASRock kit allowing via a 5-pin female header to have a 3.5mm audio jack to have the stereo audio output for speakers (the support for the 3.5mm jack connector fixing on a slot COM port with a screw fixing system at each end), do you have any solution for this? I put a photo of the adapter in question below maybe it will speak to you more than my description ^^

3/And yes, one last thing, on my AKASA Cypher ST box, I got used to the presence of a small RESET button which was still very practical when overclocking is unstable or the system freezes for X reasons , will there be an option in the future to add this button?

Otherwise thank you very much for the distribution of your concept which is simply excellent!
Thanks for your input, its very helpful

1) New lid models will be coming to support the internal usb 2.0 for Lander 55. I don't think it will work with the 37 because the deskmini usb dongle has a lot of insulation and it will collide with the board. -HOWEVER- I recently discovered a "slim" usb 2.0 to "A" x2 on Ali Express which has no such insulation problem. It uses a ribbon cable.

So I plan to prototype with this alternate usb connector as well and see if it's possible to add usb support to the 37. Then we can stock this slim ribbon version as well.

2) There is 25mm of open vertical space on the rear of the 55 above the I/O shield, to mount or screw in additional components. In this area I can add hole guides (thinner areas) to be able to punch out and mount the 3.5 jack, I just need to get that part myself, or the drawing. But currently, it should be possible to DIY the jack in that area just by carefully drilling through the material. I'm also considering adding hole patterns for mounting 2x 40mm exhaust fans right behind the I/O in this area too.

3) For reset, I have not considered it. But you could use a 12mm momentary switch, and mount it to the back above the I/O in this same unused area.

Last edited:

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for your input, its very helpful

1) New lid models will be coming to support the internal usb 2.0 for Lander 55. I don't think it will work with the 37 because the deskmini usb dongle has a lot of insulation and it will collide with the board. -HOWEVER- I recently discovered a "slim" usb 2.0 to "A" x2 on Ali Express which has no such insulation problem. It uses a ribbon cable.

So I plan to prototype with this alternate usb connector as well and see if it's possible to add usb support to the 37. Then we can stock this slim ribbon version as well.

2) There is 25mm of open vertical space on the rear of the 55 above the I/O shield, to mount or screw in additional components. In this area I can add hole guides (thinner areas) to be able to punch out and mount the 3.5 jack, I just need to get that part myself, or the drawing. But currently, it should be possible to DIY the jack in that area just by carefully drilling through the material. I'm also considering adding hole patterns for mounting 2x 40mm exhaust fans right behind the I/O in this area too.

3) For reset, I have not considered it. But you could use a 12mm momentary switch, and mount it to the back above the I/O in this same unused area.
This is good news. I'm interested in the 37 but I am currently using the USB 2.0 on my DeskMini and would buy this case if I had an option to add one to the 37.

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Wow, they are all beautiful! 😍
Looks like the long time postponed buy of a Deskmini is coming over!

berba

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 26, 2018
This is a great concept. Is there an ETA for the rear m2 module to be added? Is it going to be possible to access the rear m2 slot from outside of the case by removing a detachable cover?

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
This is a great concept. Is there an ETA for the rear m2 module to be added? Is it going to be possible to access the rear m2 slot from outside of the case by removing a detachable cover?

Good question, I realize there was not a picture published of the rear side. So the m.2 slots are already implemented as removable cover on the case, for easier access, or future expansions. There are two different panels to support both AMD and Intel M.2 positioning.

These are intended for riser cable pass through and to install M.2 drives. This graphic shows it:

These panels are initially joined with the print body with four small tabs for extra strength. After cutting the tabs, they can be removed to access the m.2 / Sata. But, they can also be replaced later, as it's a "snap-fit" which fits securely.

Also visible in this picture are the 105mm inner hole patterns for fans/rads and the outer m3 threaded pattern for case feet and frame/modules. As you can see, the entire rear panel is basically a mesh vent pattern for better thermals.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaK and HydrAxx747

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
Hi, I just placed my order for my LANDER 55 with the "120MM CUTOUT" and the "LANDERFEET" all in matte black, and I don't see any way anywhere to track the progress of my order and furthermore I note there is indeed an access via "LOGIN" but no page or proposal to register an account, does anyone have an idea on this subject? And otherwise, any idea of the time they take to prepare and ship an order? Thanking you in advance for your help.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Has the white case option been removed?

Temporarily out of stock but it will be returning in the near future, probably in a week or so.

Hi, I just placed my order for my LANDER 55 with the "120MM CUTOUT" and the "LANDERFEET" all in matte black, and I don't see any way anywhere to track the progress of my order and furthermore I note there is indeed an access via "LOGIN" but no page or proposal to register an account, does anyone have an idea on this subject? And otherwise, any idea of the time they take to prepare and ship an order? Thanking you in advance for your help.

Thanks :) So there is not an order tracking system, but it should ship in about 1 week. You can check back on status in J-HACK discord. https://discord.gg/5jt4wccb

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
The USB 2.0 option for Lander 55 3D lids will be shown tomorrow and should be enabled in the storefront by next week.

The Lander 37 version will likely be the same exact lids, but just require a different (slimmer) USB 2.0 header cable which I'll be testing shortly.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
The USB lid adaptation for Lander 37 is successful.

Compatibility is pretty straightforward: USB lids work exactly the same for both AMD/Intel boards, 37/55 models, and for the different usb cables.

The only difference is that Lander 37 will require this low profile aftermarket cable (15mm length pictured), and for Lander 55 it's not required and the OEM cable is compatible. I would generally recommend sticking with the OEM cable for Lander 55 because it has better compatibility with 120mm coolers like the IS-55.

Picture of the 120 + USB version soon. First orders are starting to ship out this week.

Last edited: