Completed J-HACK LANDER for Deskmini

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Will there be a variant that supports 15mm SATA drives?
Yes, 15mm sata storage module is now available.

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Would it be possible to use an anti vandal power switch with the case?

An alternate edition supporting 16mm anti-vandal switch is coming eventually. Possibly next month. It is already designed, but the delay is getting the switches produced. The 16mm switch version may end up being a limited edition.

On another note, a VESA mounting kit is now available here, so you can put Lander anywhere.

It's fully compatible with all models + with or without out the storage module.

The base plate is patterned for 75x75mm and 100x100mm VESA.

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
update!

1) There was a backlog of orders but it should be cleared up by next week. New order ship times will normalize to 1 week.

2) Missing product images almost fixed entirely. A lot of the prior images of the black case was showing a more "jet black" case that wasn't truly representative of the beautiful matte texture.

Some of the new images are below so you can really appreciate the matte.

3) Lander 55 now has even more cooling. It's possible to add dual 40mm exhaust fans to the rear vents and adjust them up/down depending on the I/O height below, so they sit as low as possible. This is intended to help out when using the AIO config. Additionally there is a thin silhouette area on the right side to mod in the rear audio connector if desired. (Thanks to Hydraxx747 for the suggestion).

4) Rear m.2 panels now support this Oculink card, which is awaiting testing with OneDock. I will test this out with OneDock in the coming weeks. if a different m.2 adapter is needed, then a revised rear panel will be available. If you intend to use Lander with OneDock, I would recommend waiting a bit more for confirmation of the right m.2 card.

5) Lander SE (special edition) with 16mm Vandal switch coming next week. Compatible with original DeskNano switch.

Last edited:

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Hello everyone, although a GPU module was originally under consideration, the plans were put on hold to see whether the outcome of OCuLink solutions would be promising. I previously tested OCuLink performance on the the x300 with a DIY solution (OGRE) and was waiting to confirm compatibility with OneDock.

OneDock is now confirmed to work with the Deskmini x300, enabling it to significantly boost it's graphics capability in a convenient way. It is able to achieve the full Gen 3.0 x 4 link (8.0 GT/s) in a stable way without any WHEA errors. Timespy score and gaming results appear to be similar to using a direct m.2 to x16 riser connection (12,100 Timespy score with RTX 3060ti, Cyberpunk Ultra 1440p ~60fps, and Cyberpunk Ultra 1080p ~80fps).

Unfortunately, OneDock/OCuLink does not appear to be compatible with the DeskMini b660 at this time due to unknown reasons.

As mentioned in the April update, Lander had pre-emptively implemented a removable side panel designed for this m.2 riser and this generic SFF-8611 OCuLink cable, which are the accessories needed to use Lander with OneDock.

Last edited:

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
Check out my first-look at the Lander 37 and how the DeskMini X300 fits into the DeskNano:

I guess with the latest Bios with AGESA 1.0.8.0 we are not far away from the RYZEN 7000G Phoenix APU launch and Asrocks AM5 DeskMini X600 which should fit inside that case aswell! <3

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
You seem to be right, according to a few news sites they say that 7000g is eminent from this agesa update.

A little while back there was also someone that reported that ASRock support told them the x600 would be delayed until October [waiting for after AMD's new APU announcement]. That seems to line up also, so it would be a nice surprise if these come before the end of the year.

One thing I haven't heard much about is whether am5 supports the "knoll activator" function like am4.

If there is just the knoll activator with no chipset, the deskmini x600 will only have the support for what is on the left side of the chip.

So we should expect 4x 10gbps usb 3.2 gen2 at the minimum, which is a nice improvement in usb over the x300

And hopefully ASRock will integrate a usb hub device on the board, so the rear has 4x USB-A (2 full speed) and the front has the A + C (both full speed)

HydrAxx747

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2021
Greetings Msystems, I see that your concept "Lander 37/55" is no longer available for production/purchase from "J-HACK", while the ASRock DeskMini X600 (and respective "Jupiter" edition) which will use the same format "miniSTX" motherboard shouldn't take too long to arrive on the market (currently April from what I've read), so I wanted to know: no production of the same product at J-Hack (or another partner) or A “revised” version for the occasion is not planned?

Reactions: BaK

msystems

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
Greetings Msystems, I see that your concept "Lander 37/55" is no longer available for production/purchase from "J-HACK", while the ASRock DeskMini X600 (and respective "Jupiter" edition) which will use the same format "miniSTX" motherboard shouldn't take too long to arrive on the market (currently April from what I've read), so I wanted to know: no production of the same product at J-Hack (or another partner) or A “revised” version for the occasion is not planned?

Since we don't have pictures of the board yet, and every thing published by ASRock so far seems to just be "boilerplate", its hard for me to say for sure if Lander is 100% compatible, but it was designed to be as compatible as possible. If the x600 will use the exact same chassis design (and square switch) as prior Deskmini models then it is compatible (and, at CES they showed what appeared to be the same chassis). The only unknown then, is the positioning of the rear m.2 slot, as Lander has specific rear cutouts to allow removable access to the m.2.

If it is compatible with the x600, I will find a way to make it available to order again, and it is likely it will also be released in digital format for makers.

Last edited: