Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hi, I have 2 questions on that case:

- would it fit a Noctua L-12S?
- any AMD GPU one can buy now is supported? (even really low end)
- possible to have 2 2.5HDD instead of the GPU? (or 1 3.5HDD?)

if that's the case would be interested in getting 2 (one with 3950x + GPU, one with 3700x with SSDs as a server)

thanks

I have a L12s inside my Pure-X and it mostly fits:
If you spend some time bending the heatpipes a bit I'm sure it would fit better. I just put mine in as-is.

AMD does have a couple LP GPUs but they are not nearly as good as the NVIDIA options at the moment.

I'm pretty sure you can do 2 x 2.5" SSD/HDD but I don't think you can do a 3.5" HDD.

Reactions: dnpp123

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
I have a L12s inside my Pure-X and it mostly fits

If you spend some time bending the heatpipes a bit I'm sure it would fit better. I just put mine in as-is.

Wow, thanks great! Seems you went with https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=meanwell-rps-200-12-c for the PSU? Do you reckon there is space for a flex ATX psu? What would be the max size?

AMD does have a couple LP GPUs but they are not nearly as good as the NVIDIA options at the moment.

Yeah I know but I have some Softwares than only run on AMD. Maybe @Thehack has a list somewhere of compatible AMD GPU since a custom bracket seems needed?

I'm pretty sure you can do 2 x 2.5" SSD/HDD but I don't think you can do a 3.5" HDD.

Thanks!

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Wow, thanks great! Seems you went with https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=meanwell-rps-200-12-c for the PSU? Do you reckon there is space for a flex ATX psu? What would be the max size?

Yeah I know but I have some Softwares than only run on AMD. Maybe @Thehack has a list somewhere of compatible AMD GPU since a custom bracket seems needed?

Thanks!

The PURE-X supports FLEX-ATX PSU by default, so you're good there ;)

Concerning AMD, you can search for Low Profile RX 550 cards. Seems most of them aren't easily available anymore so you may have to go used. The other option is buying the AMD Pro cards, like the WX 4100. Those should work without any modifications.

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
The PURE-X supports FLEX-ATX PSU by default, so you're good there ;)

OK cool! I just meant that the CPU fan seemed to eat some of the PSU space on the picture so wasn't sure^^

Concerning AMD, you can search for Low Profile RX 550 cards. Seems most of them aren't easily available anymore so you may have to go used. The other option is buying the AMD Pro cards, like the WX 4100. Those should work without any modifications.

Yes, the GPU is the issue, especially here (S. Korea..).
What are the max dimensions of the card L x W x D possible by any chance (in single slot/dual slot)?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
OK cool! I just meant that the CPU fan seemed to eat some of the PSU space on the picture so wasn't sure^^

Yes, the GPU is the issue, especially here (S. Korea..).
What are the max dimensions of the card L x W x D possible by any chance (in single slot/dual slot)?

The max you can fit is 2 slot, half height, 180mm in length.

Slot and height size are standardized, but you do need to hit the length constraint.

Jello

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 15, 2016
Hi, I have 2 questions on that case:

- would it fit a Noctua L-12S?
- any AMD GPU one can buy now is supported? (even really low end)
- possible to have 2 2.5HDD instead of the GPU? (or 1 3.5HDD?)

if that's the case would be interested in getting 2 (one with 3950x + GPU, one with 3700x with SSDs as a server)

thanks

3700X doesn't have integrated graphics. Of you want to run an AMD processor with no GPU you need to get one that has the -G suffix, like 3400G, or one of the new upcoming 4000 series processors.

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
3700X doesn't have integrated graphics. Of you want to run an AMD processor with no GPU you need to get one that has the -G suffix, like 3400G, or one of the new upcoming 4000 series processors.

Just going to run a TTY with ssh on it so no need for graphics.
However, https://j-hackcompany.com/?product=j-hack-pure-x seems out of stock :/

Not really sure what to go for instead, I guess I'll go to a velka 3RL + velka 7 but heh that almost 2 liters to add.

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Oof 2 are back in stock.
If @Thehack answers the question about graphic card compatibility I'll probably order right now.

If the graphic card is not compatible, I'm not really picky as long as it's AMD (one of those) and under $175/200. Preferably something here https://search.shopping.naver.com/s...total&query&sort=rel&timestamp=&viewType=list would be better for me, but if I have to order via newegg/amazon so be it.

edit: or maybe https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-550-AERO-ITX-2G-OC/Specification would fit? depth seems over 20mm so no match

Last edited:

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Oof 2 are back in stock.
If @Thehack answers the question about graphic card compatibility I'll probably order right now.

If the graphic card is not compatible, I'm not really picky as long as it's AMD (one of those) and under $175/200. Preferably something here https://search.shopping.naver.com/s...total&query&sort=rel&timestamp=&viewType=list would be better for me, but if I have to order via newegg/amazon so be it.

edit: or maybe https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/Radeon-RX-550-AERO-ITX-2G-OC/Specification would fit? depth seems over 20mm so no match

You will need a card that says "low profile" in the name.

Right now, for some reason AMD doesn't not have many in stock. I recommend also looking at WX 3100 or WX 4100 card.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hah, I just checked the WX3100. This seems OK.
It' still 2.5x the price of https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000072007933.html for worst performance, hazardous driver support and no HDMI output hmm.. So in your opinion, this Chinese card won't work?

The RX 550 should work okay. Drivers are handled by AMD regardless of the cards as long as it is not fake.

Do note, WX are professional cards, so they have *better* driver support. But they are easily available in USA. So just buy what is affordable and available to you.

Reactions: dnpp123

dnpp123

Trash Compacter
Jun 6, 2019
Finally received the mobo and installed it in the case. End result is quite nice! The gpu fits OK and is enough for my needs.

Only regret I have is with the Silverstone fx350-g psu.. Had to switch the fan for noise and the cables takes waaay too much space for nothing.

Now, my mobo has an internal USB header and I'm trying to figure out how to connect it to the back panel.
I think the little square hole in the back, next to the psu and up the motherboard backplate is made for extra USB connectors or am I wrong? Are the dimensions standard? What would be the easiest way to stick 2 USB C connectors up there? Thanks

Reactions: 2bitmarksman

2bitmarksman

Chassis Packer
Feb 17, 2020
Used another of these cases for my moms new APU based build. Replacing the 40mm fan in the FSP PSU is 184% necessary because it is easily one of the loudest fans I've had to deal with. Set to silent fan profile with a Noctua L9i and the replaced 40x10mm Noctua fan for the PSU, it's inaudible with even the slightest bit of background noise, and is barely audible at full tilt while staying under 80C :)

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I really like this case. It gives purpose to low profile gpu's as using them in other cases where it left space left the user feeling as if that's not the optimal solution, but here it fits perfectly. And the fact that we can use higher air coolers is simply amazing.

Looking at these photos of the case made me think. If we put the low profile gpu above the flex psu, then the two together would roughly take as much space as an itx motherboard. Meaning that a case that would accomodate these parts sandwich-style would be in a shape of a cube, something around 20x20x20cm or less, depending on the cpu cooling clearance, cable management and enough case fans. That would be reeeally nice.

2bitmarksman

Chassis Packer
Feb 17, 2020
I really like this case. It gives purpose to low profile gpu's as using them in other cases where it left space left the user feeling as if that's not the optimal solution, but here it fits perfectly. And the fact that we can use higher air coolers is simply amazing.

Looking at these photos of the case made me think. If we put the low profile gpu above the flex psu, then the two together would roughly take as much space as an itx motherboard. Meaning that a case that would accomodate these parts sandwich-style would be in a shape of a cube, something around 20x20x20cm or less, depending on the cpu cooling clearance, cable management and enough case fans. That would be reeeally nice.

So basically you want to have a sandwich style layout with oneside being the motherboard and the other being the Flex PSU stacked vertically and the low profile GPU above it via a riser cable?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If anyone is interested, I am selling my FULL Workstation Pure X at a crazy cheap price.