Production J-HACK PURE X - 4.3L LP GPU chassis with FLEX support

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Hello,

Following the release of the J-HACK PURE, I am currently working on the PURE XL. A large version that supports LP GPUs and FLEX ATX PSU. It is not the smallest LP case, but it is designed to be more flexible and built for people who require a lil' bit more CPU processing power.

Specs are as follow:

• Motherboard: Mini-DTX and Mini-ITX
  • CPU Cooler Clearance: 70mm
  • PCIe Slots: 2.5 Slots
  • Power Supply:
    • FLEX ATX
    • Meanwell RPS-400-12C
    • Meanwell RPS-200-12C
    • HDPLEX 400W AC-DC
    • HDPLEX 400 DC-ATX (double sided tape) + External
    • Distro 400 + External
  • Max number of case fans: 4x 80x80x25mm
  • Max number of 2.5 Drives: 5
  • Overall dimensions (not final) W 265mm H 93mm L 196mm
Currently finalizing CAD files and will be sent for prototype in 1-2 months.

Let me know what you think.

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Awesome! I was just looking at workstation-esque brickless cases that can support an nh-l12s.

I see the hdplex 400w ac-dc listed as compatible, but I'm assuming this is with restrictions as the mounting holes on the hdplex 400w consume 198.2mm, which exceeds the 196mm case width. (This is all speculation, of course)

Do you plan on making more powerful meanwell 200w kit for this? A 65w (/95w) cpu + 75w gpu seems like it would definitely overload the ONE2 120 (assuming the ONE2 120 can fit with the nh-l12s)

Reactions: Beardedswede

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Awesome! I was just looking at workstation-esque brickless cases that can support an nh-l12s.

I see the hdplex 400w ac-dc listed as compatible, but I'm assuming this is with restrictions as the mounting holes on the hdplex 400w consume 198.2mm, which exceeds the 196mm case width. (This is all speculation, of course)

Do you plan on making more powerful meanwell 200w kit for this? A 65w (/95w) cpu + 75w gpu seems like it would definitely overload the ONE2 120 (assuming the ONE2 120 can fit with the nh-l12s)

Yes. There are restrictions on mounting the hdplex, but it will technically fit. I think most people would opt for the Flex ATX PSU, as the hdplex gets really expensive when you factor the DC atx.

I am working on a more powerful plugin unit. That and this project depends on well the online store sells, as I'm all out of capital :D.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
Very nice! Can we see some shots from the back side and interior?

Reactions: Jello

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Agreed, would love to see some more pics, especially inside the case!

I don't really model, and it's still very much a work in progress.

I'm debating increasing the size a bit to allow a GPU above the motherboard as well. If you have any thoughts on that, feel free to chime in.

I will also be adding mounting holes for attaching 92mm water cooler.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I don't really model, and it's still very much a work in progress.

I'm debating increasing the size a bit to allow a GPU above the motherboard as well. If you have any thoughts on that, feel free to chime in.

I will also be adding mounting holes for attaching 92mm water cooler.
What added benefit would there be to install a GPU above the motherboard?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
It allows more compatibility. The issue with low profile is sometimes you have to really wait long times between generation. The 1050 ti has been out for a long time. Just trying to think ahead.

That is a good point. You had the 750 Ti and almost no 900 series low profile cards. So the wait from 750 to 1050 was very long.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
It allows more compatibility. The issue with low profile is sometimes you have to really wait long times between generation. The 1050 ti has been out for a long time. Just trying to think ahead.
Oh I see, so if the GPU is above the motherboard it doesn't need to be LP!

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Love the design and how it caters to low profile gpus, which is pretty rare. Will this be designed to lay flat horizontally or stand vertically with feet?

BrickChris

Chassis Packer
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, great results so far! I'll follow the progress.

If you put the gpu flat, you might be able to stack the psu under it. That will save you a view cm.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018
Any updates? Lone has put his L5 project on hold, so I'm hoping that this case makes it to market to address the lack of LP gpu cases.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Any updates? Lone has put his L5 project on hold, so I'm hoping that this case makes it to market to address the lack of LP gpu cases.

No updates for now. I just released the Distro 400. The Pure XL is after the Stealth case, so it's expected to be release second half 2019. That is... if I don't go bankrupt before then! :D

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Updated renders:

Working in Fusion 360 now so I had to recreate my whole project. Overall, workflow is a lil' bit faster.

Just missing some mounting points and a bracket. Is there anybody here who wants water cooling? Or using an AIO?

If so, and mounting is simple, please let me know if I can add some simple features in.

Last edited:

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Updated renders:

Working in Fusion 360 now so I had to recreate my whole project. Overall, workflow is a lil' bit faster.

Just missing some mounting points and a bracket. Is there anybody here who wants water cooling? Or using an AIO?

If so, and mounting is simple, please let me know if I can add some simple features in.
I'm pretty much an instant order for this to replace my Realan build.
Wish list:
-Meanwell mounting in place of flexatx
-slim (or standard width) 80mm fans in conjunction with a 1050ti with shroud/fan removed
-possibility of front/side panel audio/usb mounting locations near power button. Would probably only have space if not using flexatx (not necessarily supplied with case but easy modding opportunity)

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm pretty much an instant order for this to replace my Realan build.
Wish list:
-Meanwell mounting in place of flexatx
-slim (or standard width) 80mm fans in conjunction with a 1050ti with shroud/fan removed
-possibility of front/side panel audio/usb mounting locations near power button. Would probably only have space if not using flexatx (not necessarily supplied with case but easy modding opportunity)

1. Meanwell mounting built in. Requires a different rear plate to cover the opening, but I want to bring total system cost down. Us DC-DC guys are still very niche.

2. Mounting points include.

3. I'll probably won't support front USB since it'll require more assembly and cutting out that beautiful front. But if there are enough requests I'll cave.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
1. Meanwell mounting built in. Requires a different rear plate to cover the opening, but I want to bring total system cost down. Us DC-DC guys are still very niche.

2. Mounting points include.

3. I'll probably won't support front USB since it'll require more assembly and cutting out that beautiful front. But if there are enough requests I'll cave.
What about side USB (corner in front of FlexATX)