J-HACK Mod Shop

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I'm looking at buying the 2427, are there any pictures of the optional wires?

I'll have to get some nice pictures this weekend and provide them. Been caught up with the case release. Here it is in use though.

They're separate, black wires, with heatshrink tubing to hold them together, cleaner than zip ties and makes it easy to wire manage.

polarium

Trash Compacter
Aug 31, 2019
Just bought all the cables, hoping it will fit with my case since the Corsair cables are horrendous and almost broke my USB Type 3.0 connector :(

Reactions: Thehack

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
M2427 support on this?

Yeah it works with any atx psu. Just gotta get the pinout correct. I can't confirm the pinout on that unit myself.

defunkt1721

Case Bender
Nov 11, 2019
Would this work in a sliger SM550/560 with and AMD mobo? I believe the 24pin header for those is on the left side(near the PSU).

defunkt1721

Case Bender
Nov 11, 2019
Yes.

Currently, just about all SFF cases have the header near the PSU. it'll be a bit tight in some situations but will fit.

Great!

Sorry, I just have a few more questions if that's okay..

1. On the listing of the M2427 on your site, you have the option of adding short cables - are these just the regular stock cables that come with SF* power supplies?
  2. In the video on the listing, you connect a SATA power connector to a header on the M2427 - is this just so you don't have to connect SATA power cables to your PSU or does it serve another purpose? Is this cable included?
  3. You mention on the listing 'Platinum version requires additional wire connected to GPU power connector ' - does this mean I need to plugin an extra cable into the PCI power connector of the PSU? Not too clear on this
  4. When choosing between plat/gold power supplies - it seems that there would be more cables to manage for platinum. Do you recommend people stick to gold for ease of use?

Sorry again for the tonnes of questions - I'm currently planning out some components for a Sliger SM560 build and happened upon your 24pin replacement which seems ideal for cable management.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Great!

Sorry, I just have a few more questions if that's okay..

1. On the listing of the M2427 on your site, you have the option of adding short cables - are these just the regular stock cables that come with SF* power supplies?
  2. In the video on the listing, you connect a SATA power connector to a header on the M2427 - is this just so you don't have to connect SATA power cables to your PSU or does it serve another purpose? Is this cable included?
  3. You mention on the listing 'Platinum version requires additional wire connected to GPU power connector ' - does this mean I need to plugin an extra cable into the PCI power connector of the PSU? Not too clear on this
  4. When choosing between plat/gold power supplies - it seems that there would be more cables to manage for platinum. Do you recommend people stick to gold for ease of use?

Sorry again for the tonnes of questions - I'm currently planning out some components for a Sliger SM560 build and happened upon your 24pin replacement which seems ideal for cable management.

Seems I missed this one in my feed.

1. No. These are shorter wires. Their lengths are as listed. Compared to corsair stock wires, they're almost half the lengths.

2. Correct.

3. Your GPU power connector has an open pin. You can expect your stock cable to see it. There is a very short wire you just plug into that open pin, that's all.

4. I recommend GOLD as the cost difference for platinum is high and you don't really get much functionality out of it. The Gold is already over-kill spec wise for builds.

Reactions: loader963

comagoosie

sff is life
May 8, 2018
Is the pinout the same for the ONE2 plugin as the PicoPSU 160XT? I'm following one of the 12v guide diagram (below) and I want to make sure I have it correct.

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
@Thehack I'm considering pairing a 1050ti or 1650 with a Ryzen 1600 and RPS 200w unit I have. Have you had any issues with powering such a setup with it? I know maxing out the CPU and GPU together would be pushing it but under gaming type loads I feel it should be good if not a little tight on power budget.

Thoughts?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
@Thehack I'm considering pairing a 1050ti or 1650 with a Ryzen 1600 and RPS 200w unit I have. Have you had any issues with powering such a setup with it? I know maxing out the CPU and GPU together would be pushing it but under gaming type loads I feel it should be good if not a little tight on power budget.

Thoughts?

Yeah I think the 200w would handle fine without issues. I run a 1070 and 2600x with a meanwell “250" W. Meanwell makes quality stuff.