Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
@Josh | NFC Looking forward to your review of this man!

@HYPERTiZ
No downvote from me on the itx 570.
Anyone running one in the mini right now? They are about 140 used so pretty decent price wise.

I have really embraced freesync as of late and am loving it. Adaptive sync (Free or G) is awesome.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
I

@HYPERTiZ
Anyone running one in the mini right now? They are about 140 used so pretty decent price wise.

I have really embraced freesync as of late and am loving it. Adaptive sync (Free or G) is awesome.
might have to downvolt (-20w) so it can run a 8700 at full power or if I crazily dare to light OC on a 8700k delidded - the temps could be fine with cryorig c7 + L9i so I may not neet to mod the case. Or i can chill with my delidded 8700 and be a patient man with the emulator.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
I am still on the fence on whether or not this would be the right option for me. I'm looking to swap to a Vega nano (undervolted to around 180w) and a Ryzen 2600/2700. The lack of quiet flex PSUs is a pain.

You could always try swapping the fan on a flex psu to a noctua 40mm fan

Andrew.J.Vigil

Average Stuffer
Nov 28, 2017

@HYPERTiZ

I'm running one now on a Frankenstein'd test bench, I have some custom HDPLEX 400 DC/DC cables on the way and when those arrive this week I'll place the card in my S4M-C. With a 6700T, 16GB RAM, and an M.2 SSD the system pulls about 200-210 watts from the wall while in Star Citizen, seems to be my most power hungry game, and I love the card. This was my first experience with FreeSync and to me, it made a massive difference to the experience especially at 30-40fps.

Reactions: TheHig

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
With the HDPLEX 400w (450w peak) on topic it should power the 8700K and the RX 570 with ease right - assume no or modorate oc?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
If spec at release matches what was being engineered last I was made privy to the specific of the unit it should handle that combo very easily, even at a moderate OC.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
If spec at release matches what was being engineered last I was made privy to the specific of the unit it should handle that combo very easily, even at a moderate OC.

by 'moderate' as in 4.4-6GHz probably not sure about voltage increase and whether it can be cool sufficiently with a scythe bs2 rev.b cooler.

That being said brought the C7 Clips off TaoBao to fit the cooler on even if its cut.
Can I just technically grab any 92mm fan grills avaliable and screw the same used for L9i?

Last edited:

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018

This just arrived.
Is the HDPLEX 400w available yet? :D It's all I need to finish the S4M build.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016

Yes that is the Galax Josh is talking about.

If that's the case, the new Inno3D 2070 Twin x2 should fit as well right?

Almost certainly yes. Reference height for a GPU is 111.15mm while the Inno3D has a height of 113mm. Pretty sure the tolerance between the top of the GPU and the top of the PSU is significantly greater than 1.85mm.

Reactions: izrek