Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Next month?
He told me end of august. Then middle of september, and two days ago he told me end of september and they are currently in production. When did he tell you that it will be available next month?

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
It went through some modification to support 40mm fan.
Should be available next month.

above is from Larry

Hey, that's awesome!
Using noctua 40mm would indeed give better temps and lower noise, I'm always on the "take time you need to make a rock-solid product" side.

Reactions: fergunat000

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
May 24th, he told me ready in 10 days.
June 19th he said he didn't have them yet.
July 25th he said sales for next month

I haven't contacted him since, I'm just patiently waiting. You can see he really puts a LOT of effort into this product to make sure it's the best possible. I'm sure it'll be an epic product.

Penguin

Trash Compacter
Jul 25, 2018
can you talk a little bit more about it? i'm waiting for one DC-ATX and the possibility of failure ruined my morning coffee
There was issues with the older revision. The new 1.6 revision should be fine (there are images of the new one in the thread about the DC-ATX unit). I have a 1.6 unit arriving to me (hopefully) during this week.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
can you talk a little bit more about it? i'm waiting for one DC-ATX and the possibility of failure ruined my morning coffee
FYI I'm just talking out of people's remark: looks like ver 1.4 doesn't handle peaks as well, it'd shut down immediately. Most of the issue was it'd cut the power when running artificial load and some games.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I bought my DC-ATX a month and a half ago.
I will be using it with a zotac 1070 and a i5-8400 in the s4m (yes I am aware that people say this card does not fit with an internal power supply, but I have a dremmel and I am fairly sure I'll make it fit). I guess as long as it never shuts down I don't need to worry right?

Reactions: fergunat000

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
May 24th, he told me ready in 10 days.
June 19th he said he didn't have them yet.
July 25th he said sales for next month

I haven't contacted him since, I'm just patiently waiting. You can see he really puts a LOT of effort into this product to make sure it's the best possible. I'm sure it'll be an epic product.

I can say that so much stuff is out of our hands for delivering a product on time. The supply chain can be really flaky. Usually when a vendor like NFC or HDPLEX doesn't release a product on time, it means something is out of our hands in the supply chain, and our guess is as good as yours. We have alot of stress when we can't deliver a product on time or can't hold up to our forecast, so it doesn't do any good to try and make us feel bad. We feel the weight of every customer's pain.

I'm still waiting on my order of many pieces of all the kit HDPLEX sells. When I get it I'll cover the products immediately as I fulfill orders.

Peace!

*edit*

As a side note...from what I have seen first hand and have troubleshot with a dozen customers, the HDPLEX 400 DC doesn't "go bad" so no need to worry there. The bad units will just flat out will shutoff during high res gaming. Benchmarks don't seem to cause it to bomb, even harsh ones like Furmark 4K + P95. But loading up a modern title causes micropeaking that can't be measured on some of our devices that causes the reset--at least that is my theory. Tomb Raider 4k doesn't pull a higher average wattage than furmark 4k + p95, for instance, but it can insta reset the HDPLEX 400 1.4.

*edit #2 10/26/18*

Just got my package from HDPLEX in--only 160 AC units. No 400 DC or AC units. So I guess we are going to be waiting a bite more.

Last edited:

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
I can say that so much stuff is out of our hands for delivering a product on time. The supply chain can be really flaky. Usually when a vendor like NFC or HDPLEX doesn't release a product on time, it means something is out of our hands in the supply chain, and our guess is as good as yours. We have alot of stress when we can't deliver a product on time or can't hold up to our forecast, so it doesn't do any good to try and make us feel bad. We feel the weight of every customer's pain.

I'm still waiting on my order of many pieces of all the kit HDPLEX sells. When I get it I'll cover the products immediately as I fulfill orders.

Peace!

*edit*

As a side note...from what I have seen first hand and have troubleshot with a dozen customers, the HDPLEX 400 DC doesn't "go bad" so no need to worry there. The bad units will just flat out will shutoff during high res gaming. Benchmarks don't seem to cause it to bomb, even harsh ones like Furmark 4K + P95. But loading up a modern title causes micropeaking that can't be measured on some of our devices that causes the reset--at least that is my theory. Tomb Raider 4k doesn't pull a higher average wattage than furmark 4k + p95, for instance, but it can insta reset the HDPLEX 400 1.4.

*edit #2 10/26/18*

Just got my package from HDPLEX in--only 160 AC units. No 400 DC or AC units. So I guess we are going to be waiting a bite more.

That's why I'm waiting patiently, working in manufacturing all my career, I know there's a lot of hiccups that are out of our control.

Reactions: Josh | NFC

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017

Peace!

*edit*

*edit #2 10/26/18*

The 160 AC-DC is being redone?

Reactions: Kmpkt

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
HDPLEX 800W is an DC-ATX unit, so the best bet to run a 800W machine is to get two 400W bricks and wait for KMPKT Merge to be released.

@Kmpkt / @hdplex
I know you guys have been working hard and had a hell of a time with the 400W issues, really appreciate all the efforts on that.
Now that the major issues seem to be resolved though, have you had a chance to revisit the 800W DC-ATX unit with dual 400W AC-DC support? Possibly sketched out a rough timeline on availability?
Not looking to get any dates to hold you by, or start freaking out if it doesn't happen by Xmas or anything. Just hoping to make some decisions on my current dual Xeon/Cerberus X build. As you might imagine, it pulls some serious wattage while also taking up a lot of space for cooling. Having access to a non-traditional power source could really solve a lot of problems with regards to space allocation.
I've got the MB, CPUs, HSFs(4 actually), RAM, ATX PSU, etc., but have been holding off on the case while I figure out the power situation, hopefully making allowances for watercooling.
https://photos.app.******/2hfvXYo771DpsvBz7

Reactions: Sashby