Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I have all the parts besides the hdplex 400w (once it’s released I can do the measurements and buy the gpu to build a brickless S4M.)
Can someone already confirm now if I can fit the gigabyte 1070 mini brickless with this? I don’t know where to measure from and to, to get the max card width to fit it.
I pretty much just assume it will fit, but Inam aware I need to mod the pin connector to make this work (if it works)

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I have all the parts besides the hdplex 400w (once it’s released I can do the measurements and buy the gpu to build a brickless S4M.)
Can someone already confirm now if I can fit the gigabyte 1070 mini brickless with this? I don’t know where to measure from and to, to get the max card width to fit it.
I pretty much just assume it will fit, but Inam aware I need to mod the pin connector to make this work (if it works)

Card width would be measured from the bottom of the pci-e connector to the very top most section of the card.

mytk

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 29, 2018
Hello guys

I try to build new pc with HDPLEX 400w ac-dc.
dose it derate the power in 100Vac area?
For example, Meanwell EPP400 is derating the power to 85-90% in 100Vac area.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
Hello guys

I try to build new pc with HDPLEX 400w ac-dc.
dose it derate the power in 100Vac area?
For example, Meanwell EPP400 is derating the power to 85-90% in 100Vac area.

Lower input voltage is going to have lower effeciency. It's just the nature of electricity. You'll still have the same power rating, just at a lower effeciency rating.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Nothing yet that I am aware of, but that doesn't mean Josh isn't working on it.

troyyyy89

Minimal Tinkerer
Aug 30, 2018
So, after carefully reading everything thus far and being slightly confused by some of the comments, will we be able to make a brickless S4 Mini build with a 1080 ti and this baby inside?

19NinetySix

Trash Compacter
Jun 28, 2018
ETA for mid - Sep.
The delay was caused by another efficiency improvement cycle.

Guess another two weeks wont hurt :D

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
So, after carefully reading everything thus far and being slightly confused by some of the comments, will we be able to make a brickless S4 Mini build with a 1080 ti and this baby inside?
No, zotac 1080TI is an oversized card. Only reference height cards would leave space for 400w brick at the bottom of the case.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Only reference cards will work with the PSU on the bottom of the case as even with those the tolerances are rather tight. That being said, if you use a true ITX length card, the 400W AC-DC can fit comfortably on the front of the case and you can put a Dynamo 360 on the bottom of the case.

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
MSI cards would likely be super tight (ie GPU touching PSU). I'd be more inclined to recommend the Gigabyte ITX cards which are 169mm long. Also the new Dynamo Mini I am making will be solving the issue with sync that had previously made the 1080 ITX a poor choice because of power-down issues.

Gutzy

Caliper Novice
Mar 11, 2018
Only reference cards will work with the PSU on the bottom of the case as even with those the tolerances are rather tight. That being said, if you use a true ITX length card, the 400W AC-DC can fit comfortably on the front of the case and you can put a Dynamo 360 on the bottom of the case.

Thought about this exact setup with my HDPlex 400 mounted underneath my Vega Nano.

I'm sure it will be a tight fit, and i might even need to extend some cables, but im fairly confident it can work!

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I hope we can get it soon too. I cannot fit my graphics card atm..

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/HXHKnQg"><a href="//imgur.com/HXHKnQg"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
Reactions: Reldey