Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
Would this sufficiently power a 8700k and a 1080ti mini? All on stock clocks, no overclocking.
I'd hate to have a video rendering in the background, and then have the power cut out on me.
:-(

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
I believe the gigabyte 1080 will fit but not the zotac 1080. For power it should be able to handle it, your problem is the size of the card.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Ah sorry I assumed you wanted to cram this into the S4mini.
But according to the website this will power a 1080ti and a i7-k processor at stock settings no problem.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
There is a video earlier in this thread of the unit powering the 8700K and 1080ti passively. It is worth noting that in that particular video Larry is running the Unigine Heaven stress test which isn't actually that demanding. It has since been repeated with a better combination of benches (FurMark/Prime95) at static loads near 400W without issue. Passively with the enclosure open temps were quite high, but the unit is so efficient that even at low airflow levels (3-4 CFM) it should run pretty comfortably.

Reactions: Kack

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
Kinda sad.
I was hoping to make an order until 20th of August so much, looks like ordering a dell brick is something I wouldn't avoid as much as I wanted to :D

It'd be a good test to know if the HDPLEX 400w in the future may or may not work again if it ages a lot maybe - sure things dont last foreer but its a good backup plan

rook

Average Stuffer
Jul 9, 2018
Any idea how the fan push/pulls air? There's only a sketch of the one end and most hdplex devices look fully encased except for the i/o. I imagine there's a similar looking vent cutout on both ends?

Kack

Trash Compacter
Aug 28, 2017
Any idea how the fan push/pulls air? There's only a sketch of the one end and most hdplex devices look fully encased except for the i/o. I imagine there's a similar looking vent cutout on both ends?
I imagine it might be an identical cut out on both sides for simplicity's sake.

laser_ninja

Caliper Novice
Aug 19, 2018
kennui.com
I know this isn't in our hands yet but does anyone have info about weight?

I've contacted HDplex about weight of the AC-DC unit as well as the DC-DC unit.

Want to compare it to a single SFF PSU. The Corsair SF600 is about 900g for example.

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
"Rathler than bore you with my stories of trying to read tea leaves, night sweats and bad experiences with Ouija boards, I'll tell you the ending.

I reached out to Larry 11 days ago and he told me."

That was Beautifully said;
for some reason I thought of it in the narrator of Stanley Parable - Glados would probably tell the whole story..