Power Supply HDPlex 400W AC-DC Adapter

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Oh, what a lovely brick, waiting sucks so bad.

@Kmpkt, Aren't by chance KMPKT and HDPLEX products shipped from the same warehouse in Germany?
I'm just wondering if orders placed on hdplex.com and sfflab.com are getting dispatched with the same shipping method and somewhat similar time-frames.

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
Wow, I was just at HDplex website and tried to purchase the HDplex400 but the site didn't work and then I see this!
How long of a timeframe are we talking before this internal solution is available?
This means I can just buy this one thing put it inside the case with a 1060 and I don\t need to buy a brick? :eek:

rpesit7

Caliper Novice
Jun 18, 2017
Wow, I was just at HDplex website and tried to purchase the HDplex400 but the site didn't work and then I see this!
How long of a timeframe are we talking before this internal solution is available?
This means I can just buy this one thing put it inside the case with a 1060 and I don\t need to buy a brick? :eek:

You'd still need an DC-ATX unit. The new HDPlex 400 is an AC-DC power supply.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yes if judging by this vid .

So just to give you guys a clearer idea of this unit's capabilities, while it is rated for 400W it has a peak draw setting of 520W. In testing it was able to sustain an 8700K and 1080ti passively and without failure but had an operating temperature in the 80-90C range. Using the included fan which operates at around 3.4 CFM reduces the operating temperature significantly.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
My plan is to power a 8700k and a zotac 1080ti mini with a Noctua D9L with dual fans. I hope it can without too much heat generation and noose!

sparklepony

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2018
You'd still need an DC-ATX unit. The new HDPlex 400 is an AC-DC power supply.

Ah, I see. So both of them goes inside the case, thats great. Their website is not working though. When I go to check out it tells me the link does not exist. Same for the customer support link :D

Thanks!

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
So then why are people buying SF600 and higher wattage PSU if a 400W PSU work?
What am I not understanding here?
Overclocking can greatly increase your power consumption. SLI/Crossfire is another consideration. If this somehow came in a 600 watt version int he same form factor, I would buy that if the price difference wasn't much just so I had the capability.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
m trying to locate a cable that'd be suitable with the C8 Polarized connector as specified on the HDPLEX 400W AC DC Adapter and I came upon this - not sure if they are compatible - there's things like inrush current which is a bit overwhelming for me to grasp...

AU/NZ to C7P 6-foot Power Cord
https://www.parts-express.com/as-nz...ft-power-cord-18-2--110-113#lblProductDetails

If you're having trouble finding an AU plug to polarized C8 (they may not make these) might I suggest you buy an American one which are cheap and very easy to find and then use a travel power adapter to convert power from the wall?

Reactions: loader963

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
If you're having trouble finding an AU plug to polarized C8 (they may not make these) might I suggest you buy an American one which are cheap and very easy to find and then use a travel power adapter to convert power from the wall?

Thats probably an easier idea - I was eyeing on a travel adapter suited for USA to AU - im guessing theres a reason a polorized c7 wont work with a C8 polorized. or rather the lack of specifications too on that site

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Thats probably an easier idea - I was eyeing on a travel adapter suited for USA to AU - im guessing theres a reason a polorized c7 wont work with a C8 polorized. or rather the lack of specifications too on that site
You can insert unpolarized C7 connector in the polarized C8 socket without any problem, though it's against the electric safety rules.
But I have no idea how AU plugs work, I can only talk for EU plug safety.

Last edited:

Gutzy

Caliper Novice
Mar 11, 2018
So just to give you guys a clearer idea of this unit's capabilities, while it is rated for 400W it has a peak draw setting of 520W. In testing it was able to sustain an 8700K and 1080ti passively and without failure but had an operating temperature in the 80-90C range. Using the included fan which operates at around 3.4 CFM reduces the operating temperature significantly.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Seeing the 400w, but is there a release date/price for the 800 watt? That will be the real game changer mixed in with the dynamo combo.

Untero

Average Stuffer
Dec 14, 2017
Seeing the 400w, but is there a release date/price for the 800 watt? That will be the real game changer mixed in with the dynamo combo.
HDPLEX 800W is an DC-ATX unit, so the best bet to run a 800W machine is to get two 400W bricks and wait for KMPKT Merge to be released.

Reactions: Obelisk

HYPERTiZ

Average Stuffer
Feb 5, 2018
I wonder whats the Extremely-loose-estimated Time of Arrival? Like a 6 months or a year until its avaliable?