News Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX RTX 4060 Low Profile

Gigabyte is creating an RTX 4060 low-profile card: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/g...-be-the-first-low-profile-ada-lovelace-design

3 fans, single 8-pin, 2 slots.

Pie in the sky, but would love to see an RTX 4060ti (or more crazy RTX 4070) model at some point.

___

16/01/2023 Addendum

ASUS now has a 4060 Low Profile card.
188mm, triple fan.

___

19/04/2024 Addendum

Galax has a card
182mm, triple fan, but the PCIE cable is at the front which will affect clearance without a custom solution.
Will advise to look for something slightly bigger

Cases these will fit into (double check before you buy, not everything is available):

Lenovo P3/P360 ULTRA - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)/Adapter Needed
ZS A4DC V3 - 182mm* - Gigabyte (May require modding)
ZS D2 (D Config) - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Gemcase C9 - 182mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Possible PCIE cable issue)
Lone Industries L5 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod SL3 STL 4.8L Rev.1 - 185mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto - 185mm** (Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
n3rdware Yocto+ - 185mm** Guidance rather than a limit) - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
ZS D2 V2 - 186mm - Gigabyte/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Custom_Mod Case MINI LP edit. - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
J-Hack Pure MK2 - 190mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (Consider PCIE adapter)
Lazer3D HT5 - 194mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Lazer3D Cravo - 195mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
CAPTAIN CASE V9 - 208mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
REVOCCASES N0RDR1 Nano EVO - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish 2 Plus - 210mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
LZmod A24-V5 V2.0 - 220mm- Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML03 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Silverstone Milo ML04 - 223mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX
Metalfish G5 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Bug C1 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
SKTC A10 - 245mm*** - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX (MATX Board width)
Silverstone Milo ML11 - 272mm - Gigabyte/ASUS/GALAX

Last edited:

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
It's crazy how over-priced this card is compared to all of the non-low-profile RTX 4060's (wish there was a low-profile RX 7600).
My local Micro Center has had 3 of these cards for the past couple of weeks at $330 🤑

I bought an A2000 about a month ago off Amazon & returned it after 2 days because of the whiny fans (the gave me a headache). For those of you have had both of these cards:

Does the sound of the fans of the RTX 4060 sound similar/same to the A2000 (hope not) ?

Since I use Linux & not Windows for my main PC (which is where the LP RTX 4060 would be going), I was wondering if it would be possible to under-volt the 4060 & also set a lower fan profile so the fans run quieter using MSI Afterburner, then save the BIOS file of 4060 somehow, then flash it back to the card with the lowered voltage/fan profile?

Afterburner needs to be running, correct, if you change the fan profile/voltage on the card? And since Afterburner isn't available on Linux, I'd have to think about flashing the BIOS of the 4060 if possible.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
What I would be interested in is regardless of dimensions, which card runs cooler and more silent? The Low Profile 4060, or the Zotac SOLO?

Genericseat

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2023
Can you show me what you're talking about? I have a very early Pure X (maybe there was only one batch, not sure - see my signature) but the PCIe slot in the case was manufactured wrong so you can't use the PCIe bracket at all. J-Hack provided a 3-D printed PCIe cover for my card (Asus GTX 1650). I'm currently using a typical 200W 12v Meanwell PSU so it doesn't have a PCIe output. I need to investigate if I can power the card directly from that or if I need to bite the bullet and purchase an HDPLEX.
I didn't have a bracket with mine(bought from someone else), just used the bare opening above the gpu slots. The A2000 that I had in the case initially fit in the opening perfectly, supporting the gpu(I was using it in a vertical orientation). The 4060's PCIe bracket is a little wider than the A2000's, causing it not to fit(hence the terrible dremeling).

vlad1966

Average Stuffer
Sep 21, 2017
I just got my 4060 LP today & will be teaming it with an i5-13500 & HDPLEX 250W GaN. According to Intel, looks like Maximum Turbo Power is 154W for this CPU! Holy Crap! Hopefully the ASRock B760M-HDV/M.2 mobo I just bought for this combo has good UEFI settings & will let me lower that to about 100W max! I also probably plan on lowering the voltage on the 4060 as well to make sure the GaN doesn't explode.

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
I think this might be one of the most interesting & innovative pices of hardware since a really long time.
The Gigabyte RTX 4060 OC Low Profile and the amount of performance we are getting out such a low TDP in the LP Form Factor is just impressive! <3 And its also sick to see a full Gaming System workling with just a passive 250W PSU...

Reactions: dealda and ondert

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I didn't have a bracket with mine(bought from someone else), just used the bare opening above the gpu slots. The A2000 that I had in the case initially fit in the opening perfectly, supporting the gpu(I was using it in a vertical orientation). The 4060's PCIe bracket is a little wider than the A2000's, causing it not to fit(hence the terrible dremeling).
Thanks, that's really interesting, I assumed that would be a standard dimension.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
So my internal testing is done and I will share my results (also with a deshrouded setup and 2x80mm fans)
but for right now I can share some rare shots of the PCB and cooler layout:

(hope those pictures will be handy for some of of you!)
what size are the stock fans

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
So after my initial testing I can clarify, that the deshroud is 1. not necessary as the card is very quiet by itself and also remains cool under load but 2. the two 80mm fan mod performs even worse in ths particular scenario.

But to show you how it looks like:
how are the temps in the ht5 as i was planing on doing the same build at some point

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 6, 2019
So after my initial testing I can clarify, that the deshroud is 1. not necessary as the card is very quiet by itself and also remains cool under load but 2. the two 80mm fan mod performs even worse in ths particular scenario.

But to show you how it looks like:
I did wonder about this - with the heatsink being so small, you can't really mate the fans to it and much of the air will flow around the cooler instead of through it. Can you print a duct to ensure the air goes through the heatsink?

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
ETA Prime does a build in the LZMOD A24 V5 with the card.
This is the case I recommended a week ago in this thread on the previous page:)

Too bad the video does not detail the case. It can also fit 80mm slim fans at 10mm thickness on the top and some SATA SSD's behind the psu as well. But what makes it ideal is the vented strip in the back of the case, so that verticaly finned 4060 can exhaust the air nicely and that should've been pointed out. It would be great if it would've had some case feet as gpu temps would certainly improve from that as well opposed to what's shown in the video - especially in flat orientation.

And while 70mm cpu cooler clearance sounds great at 5L, it really shows just how great a Velka 3 is. Just 38mm cooler clearance, but ITX gpu compatibility at just 3.9L.

Last edited:

Legion

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 22, 2017
This is the case I recommended a week ago in this thread on the previous page:)

Too bad the video does not detail the case. It can also fit 80mm slim fans at 10mm thickness on the top and some SATA SSD's behind the psu as well. But what makes it ideal is the vented strip in the back of the case, so that verticaly finned 4060 can exhaust the air nicely and that should've been pointed out. It would be great if it would've had some case feet as gpu temps would certainly improve from that as well opposed to what's shown in the video - especially in flat orientation.

And while 70mm cpu cooler clearance sounds great at 5L, it really shows just how great a Velka 3 is. Just 38mm cooler clearance, but ITX gpu compatibility at just 3.9L.
The major reason people looking at the Gigabyte 4060 LP are turned off by this case is that the Gan 250w won't fit in there.
There's a lot of FOMO for builds with this, and the enthusiasts are looking exclusively at using the GaN 250w in their builds.

Now if you are happy with a Flex psu, the A24 v5 is a really good case and a strong contender for a build with the 4060 LP.

Last edited:
Reactions: Analogue Blacksheep

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
The major reason people looking at the Gigabyte 4060 LP are turned off by this case is that the Gan 250w won't fit in there.
There's a lot of FOMO for builds with this, and the enthusiasts are looking excusively at using the GaN 250w in their builds.

Now if you are happy with a Flex psu, the A24 v5 is a really good case and a strong contender for a build with the 4060 LP.
Are we sure that we cannot mount the HDPlex 250w GaN psu here? Anyway, that is a wonderous piece of technology for sure and goes so well with this gpu. Yet it can warm up significantly. Also, the build can use more than 250w even in the current setup shown in the video (223w while gaming and 294w max usage!), especially with some cpu's with 100w tdp - which can very much be a thing with 70mm cooler clearance.

If there's a silent flex-atx psu that's also modular and about 400w while not heating up due to having a fan seems like a reliable, sensible choice. And so far, this is the only case I've seen that allows this gpu to exhaust it's used air on both sides of the card while also fitting comfortably. Not made of 3D-printed material but sturdy 3mm thick aluminium is also a plus. The flex psu mounting seems a bit janky though based on the video. Flex-atx units have screw holes on one end, I hope that those are utilized.

Last edited:

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
At this point I just want Cooler Master/Corsair/Seasonic/Silverstone/InsertreputableOEM to just make a modular slient GAN based Flex ATX PSU.

Reactions: k0n

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
At this point I just want Cooler Master/Corsair/Seasonic/Silverstone/InsertreputableOEM to just make a modular slient GAN based Flex ATX PSU.

We already have really great Flex Solutions. :)
I think out of the box its for sure the SilverStone FX600 and of course the Noctua Fan Swap Version Overtek is selling of the Enhance ENP-7660B by @Otamot

Here is my comparison:

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
We already have really great Flex Solutions. :)
I think out of the box its for sure the SilverStone FX600 and of course the Noctua Fan Swap Version Overtek is selling of the Enhance ENP-7660B by @Otamot

Here is my comparison:

Stock fan on our 7660B is now Yate Loon. So identical to Silverstone fx600. Just a different loom. One with 6 circuits for the 2 PCI-e connectors rather than the Silverstone's 3.