Completed N0RDR1 Nano EVO - optimized for RTX 4060 Low Profile & HDPLEX GaN

bakakiba

Chassis Packer
Oct 13, 2017
@bakakiba @Tallgeese this is your chance guys!

I was interested in the case but stopped short of sending in a PM to join the GB as Overtek was able to fulfil my Densium 4 APU order, which means I can swap out the APU build from the Lone L5 to the D4 APU and the L5 becomes free for an LP GPU build.
Holidays and been away. Totally forgot about this.. I guess they are all sold? I will send you a PM.

Reactions: thelaughingman

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
Any one have any ideas for 2.5" drive mounting? Maybe to the vent holes above the rear power button?

I know everyone's moved over the m.2 but I'm clinging to a u.2 optane still...

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Any one have any ideas for 2.5" drive mounting? Maybe to the vent holes above the rear power button?

If there is a way to non-destructively remove the outer casing, I would do so to take a look at what's actually inside. Many 2.5" flash storage drives are actually not bigger than an M2 once you remove the plastic shell. Should open up a lot more mounting possibilities! (although the image on this page isn't really giving much hope...)

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com

If you use the HDPlex, you can use the two slots at the bottom to mount an SSD like this:

1704194103010.png

might be a little tight with cable management but it should work somehow...

Reactions: Snerual

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
some of you have already received the case and had a few questions concerning the build process...

1) if you use NOCTUA fans, it might be difficult to tighten the screws ...

reason: the screw / nut combination was chosen for 25mm thick fans, but the rubber pads on the NOCTUA fans will add a few mm

(interestingly, if you compare some pictures online, the rubber pads seem to have become thicker on later revisions of this fan...)

1704218571624.png

solution(s):

A) tightly press against the nuts during assembly to compress the rubber pads until the screws grab
B) if that doesn't work: remove the rubber pads, they won't prevent vibrations against the chassis anyways, unless you use rubber fan screws instead of normal screws

1704218494315.png

2) with certain GPUs (e.g. the A2000) there will be a small gap between GPU-flap and I/O bracket

1704219063327.png

reason: that's an known issue with some LP cards, especially the A2000... the bracket is a little higher on this card, compared to e.g. the 4060LP or the 1650 which I had on hand for testing the design - I also don't know why, but it is what it is ...

With the 4060LP and my old GTX 1650 there was no such gap and to make it compatible with all kind of cards, I decided to put the flap a little lower. however, I included some plastic washers for cards like the A2000.

1704219020217.png

3) the top display output cannot be used

reason: I could not make the cutout any larger because of the available bending tools and rigidity of this area

1704219397416.png

4) the IEC connector for the HDPLEX should be mounted like this and fixed with M2.5 x 5mm screws

1704219613240.png

hope this helps!

trees_z

Trash Compacter
Jan 27, 2021
If there is a way to non-destructively remove the outer casing, I would do so to take a look at what's actually inside. Many 2.5" flash storage drives are actually not bigger than an M2 once you remove the plastic shell. Should open up a lot more mounting possibilities! (although the image on this page isn't really giving much hope...)
yea... I found the same thing...

If you use the HDPlex, you can use the two slots at the bottom to mount an SSD like this:

View attachment 3024

might be a little tight with cable management but it should work somehow...
I'll definitely be giving this a shot! and where's the fun in SFF without some adventures in cable management... 😅

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
Quick build in the case!

Such a beauty.

Intel 13100T and a RTX 4060, not the final parts in it. Awaiting my Ryzen 7500F to arrive before putting it in the Jginyue B650I Night Devil.

Side by side with

Much thanks @REVOCCASES !

Neathdrawls

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 28, 2021
is that the prototype?
Not exactly, as it is the NANO non-EVO.

I think my writing got cut out.

With the laser cut panel on the EVO, it is almost the same size, with the additional capacity.

Last edited:

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
Great build! I also started mine but realize I still have A LOT of work ahead of me before it is in a shareable state.

- Most importantly, I am missing the correct power cable for the HDPlex (didn't realize it wouldn't come with one) and I don't have a power button.
- I feel like custom cables will be a must. The stock HDPlex cables just take up too much precious space. Also because I want to run the fans as exhaust and cables will hit the blades
- Especially I need the spare room because I am planning to figure out a way to omit one of the front fans and hide a front power button and front USB in the open slots of the front panel. Not 100% sure yet how I will attach everything in a non-destructive way.
- For the front fans I ordered 3 Arctic P8s. Same price as one single Noctua, and I plan on running them at low RPM anyway.
- Last and lowest on my list is a CPU and cooler upgrade. The Ryzen 5500 and Noctua L9a were perfect for the J-Hack but now that I have more headroom I should use it. Doubting between a 5700X and a 5700X3D.

steelfractal

when in doubt slap a delta on it
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Aug 15, 2019
This is obviously still very much WIP, but I wanted to see how the case would look under my TV (the cable management is WIP as well lol)

Next steps:
- proper power button
- custom cables
- install front fans (already have them but too much of a hassle without custom cables)
So you didn't go with the wireless Silverstone one I linked you

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
This is obviously still very much WIP, but I wanted to see how the case would look under my TV (the cable management is WIP as well lol)

Next steps:
- proper power button
- custom cables
- install front fans (already have them but too much of a hassle without custom cables)

gots some photos of the feet? I wonder if a microswitch could be embedded there…

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
The feet are basically those yes. The tallest 3M "doorstoppers" you can buy. I haven't bought the Silverstone yet. I first want to see if I can hide a small power button between the slits somehow (and omit one of the 3 front fans). But it is definitely still on my radar as an alternative!

Reactions: steelfractal

koenigbasti

Efficiency Noob
Nov 7, 2023

Got my build also finished!

Used:
HDPlex 250W
Ryzen 7 5700x in Eco Mode
GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
3x Arctic P8 PWM PST
Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 OC LP
RAM G-Skill Aegis 3200Mhz CL16 32GB

and these dust filters from Amazon (if somebody needs some))

And be careful when opening and assembling the case, I have already turned the first spinning screw today :D