Motherboard GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
I have a review sample now! Who would be interested in me live streaming some overclocking in a couple of days?

Yes yes yes ! I would love to watch it. Hope the Aussie timezone doesn't screw me too much on this one

Reactions: jØrd

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Yes yes yes ! I would love to watch it. Hope the Aussie timezone doesn't screw me too much on this one

It won't as I am in NZ :-)
It's got to be in a sff case with little to no case fans though. I'm thinking something like a S4 Mini or Custom Mod.

I don't own either, but I have a few cases that can replicate such conditions.

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Is paying 200 GBP for

G.SKILL F4-4266C19D-16GTZR Trident Z RGB Series 8 GB x 2 DDR4 4266 MHz PC4-34100 CL19

2nd hand a smart choice?

I am not expecting to get more than 3600mhz

Reactions: LukeD

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
Really ? You sure ? If that's the case, then its not a bad price after all.
Hmmm i never have to pay VAT or import duty when I buy stuff and it gets shipped to Australia....
Well anything below $1000 AUD at least, above that I pay duty.
There's not threshold for the UK ?

Reactions: grumpyrobin

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Really ? You sure ? If that's the case, then its not a bad price after all.
Hmmm i never have to pay VAT or import duty when I buy stuff and it gets shipped to Australia....
Well anything below $1000 AUD at least, above that I pay duty.
There's not threshold for the UK ?
Nope, no threshhold.

It's like 37 pounds import duty for an NCase M1.
And the newegg price does not include vat. All uk prices on e-tailers include vat.

Also I didn't get to check but newegg I presume charges for global shipping as well.

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
You would only pay import duties and shipping. VAT isn't applicable i don't think. But you'd have to check out to see what charges are applied.

Reactions: grumpyrobin

grumpyrobin

Airflow Optimizer
May 11, 2017
Kind of derailing the thread for personal intersts so this will be my last one,

UK gov on imports:
Your responsibilities
You may have to pay VAT, Customs Duty or Excise Duty on goods sent from outside the European Union (EU) before you can collect them.

Anyway, thx for the ongoing advice @LukeD .
I am just sniping Prime Day wharehouse deals. so goods returned to amazon that practically new, but have been opened etc, but are lower in price obviously. All of them get an extra 20% off today.

I already got a Sugo 13b, Corsair H60 (am4 compatible), and an SF600 for like 60% the price of new ones.....the hunting goes on.

Edit: I ended up buying same as the lab501.ro guy that got it to 3733 on this board, a G.SKILL F4-3866C18D-16GTZ, but in 2x8gb instead of his 2x4gb. The reddit list confirms that this 2x8 is bdie, but I wouldn't have worried much at this frequency. It was a warehouse prime day deal, and it said used-like new, heatsink scratch. I will report in 2 days how it looks.

Now some actually RELEVANT info for the AB-350 for UK buyers:

At this rate I will get the mobo next week.
I preordered it from Scan.co.uk but their shipment was delayed. apparently they are still confirming with their Gigabyte reseller when they can get it.
I also went to Morecomputers.uk and chatted to a guy, and asked if they actually had stock, because it said in stock on their website, he checked and said that they forgot to update it, (and promptly updated it). Apparently their Gigabyte reseller sold everything out, and their next batch is coming on the 17th.... I wonder if it is the same reseller.

Anyway. I need the mobo to arrive.
And to decide between the 1700 284 gbp the 1700x 328gbp and the 1800x which actually got ANOTHER small reduction and is now 399 gbp.

Last edited:
Reactions: LukeD

gr0don

What's an ITX?
Jul 11, 2017
At this rate I will get the mobo next week.
I preordered it from Scan.co.uk but their shipment was delayed. apparently they are still confirming with their Gigabyte reseller when they can get it.
I also went to Morecomputers.uk and chatted to a guy, and asked if they actually had stock, because it said in stock on their website, he checked and said that they forgot to update it, (and promptly updated it). Apparently their Gigabyte reseller sold everything out, and their next batch is coming on the 17th.... I wonder if it is the same reseller.

Anyway. I need the mobo to arrive.
And to decide between the 1700 284 gbp the 1700x 328gbp and the 1800x which actually got ANOTHER small reduction and is now 399 gbp.

I am waiting on mine from scan also, ccl have page for the motherboard and it has a stock alert feature, I got an email saying there was stock yesterday but when I went to the page it was still showing as awaiting stock so no idea what is going on there.

I got my 1700x chip from cex for £250. worth thinking about as they also give a 2 year warranty with it.

Pelican

Average Stuffer
May 23, 2017
Still not available in Europe (more specifically Germany), not even preorder

I did some searching and I only found two German sites selling it. Both had no stock and were listing the mobo at double the cost of the rest of the world. o__o Hopefully you can find a good supplier soon.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

Screenprinted onto the heatsink. Dang!