Motherboard GIGABYTE AB350N-Gaming WIFI

kms108

Chassis Packer
Feb 21, 2018
Haven't read through the whole thread, but I have encountered some problems, just want to hear peoples opinons, I have this MB on bios F3, just updated the SIV function, but get weird reads like actual fan speed different to the stated speed on the personised settings. Just thinking of reverting back to the old version of the SIV program that came with the supplied disk.

maeslin

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 14, 2018
I'm looking into using that motherboard in a NAS box (NSC-800, currently running a C2550D4I), with a few oddities to use a 2nd expansion card off the m.2 connector (8 or 16-port SAS card off the pcie x16, 10Gbe card off the m.2 through an extender). It looks like the Gigabyte mITX is the only one available right now where the m.2 connector is oriented towards the 'front' of the motherboard instead of the rear, which is necessary to get around of the problems I'm facing.

Unfortunately there's a few space constraints. Would someone be willing to take a few measurements if they have one of those motherboards available?

As illustrated, I would need to know how far the m.2 connector is from the side of the pcb, and how far to the front edge of the pcb. If possible I would also like to know how high the m.2 connector 'sticks out', since there seems to be 2-3 different common heights out there and some will be too proud for me to fit in the case.

maeslin

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 14, 2018
@maeslin - red measures 13mm, green 118mm. Height of connector is 4mm, with the top of a M.@ ssd at ~3.5mm.

Thanks! I checked a few things and that definitely opens the possibility of fitting two expansion cards in a NSC-800! It's just aggravating that it seems most mini-ITX motherboards orient the m.2 connector the other way around (m.2 card going towards the rear of the motherboard).

I'll post updates to said project on the forum.

juuhuu

Minimal Tinkerer
May 15, 2018
I am thinking of buying this board with ryzen 2700x but worried about that no post.. BIOS will be flashed anyway because of the new ryzen.

Can Scythe ninja 4 (With am4 adapter) go on the board? What about Noctua NH-U14S
(memory would be gskill ripjaws 3000mhz (pretty high heatsinks))

Last edited:

Moravid

Cable Smoosher
Jun 4, 2017
Just noticed a totally new B450 mITX board from Gigabyte!
Obvious differences are the 2 HDMI and 1 DP, all capable of 4k60 running at the same time, and it also gets Intel LAN and upgraded WiFi :D
Also love how beefy the VRM heatsink is, a far cry from the thumb sized plastic piece on my B350 ITX.
They've also gone back to a more 'standard' layout for the connectors, if this board reviews well I'll be building a second 2400g and will delegate the old b350 ITX to HTPC :)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Just noticed a totally new B450 mITX board from Gigabyte!
Obvious differences are the 2 HDMI and 1 DP, all capable of 4k60 running at the same time, and it also gets Intel LAN and upgraded WiFi :D
Also love how beefy the VRM heatsink is, a far cry from the thumb sized plastic piece on my B350 ITX.
They've also gone back to a more 'standard' layout for the connectors, if this board reviews well I'll be building a second 2400g and will delegate the old b350 ITX to HTPC :)

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B450-I-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf
Thank you so much for posting this! I like that Gigabyte did a full rethink of the board. My biggest concern is the VRM heatsink despite its increased size. Like many of the others, there aren't many fins on the heatsinks to more effectively disappate the heat (largely ornamental). Missing the second M.2 drive slot. Love the heatsink for the M.2 drive slot on top of the board though (despite the design).

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz