Power Supply Will the HDPlex 400W DC-DC be enough?

kms108

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
If I consider this with the 300W extention AC-DC, will it be enough to power my system, My system consist of the following.

M1 N case
Silverstone SX700PLT
Gigabyte GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI m-ITX
AMD Ryzen 1600 CPU
AMD Radeon Pro WX3100 workstation GPU (no external power connectors is needed, upto 50w power, avarage 40w power)
2 X 8GB 16GB Gskill Trident RGB Z AMD Ryzen edition
512GB 950 pro M.2
2 4TB 3.5 enterprise edition HDD
1 6TB 3.5 enterprise edition HDD
3.2w motor pump for water cooling none PWM and is always on(connected to CPU header)
2 EK varder evo Fan using PWM (one for case connect to the system header, and one for the Radiator connected to CPU header with splitter, at times the Fan does not spin because it has not reached the temp and workload)

This is my present system, if I decide on a smaller case or the present case, I can also use air cooling instead, the current PSU is kind of tight and big, so i'm considering this HDPlex 400w HiFi DC-ATX , I only use my PC for BT downloading, internet browsing and watching film. At present, my PSU has never had the Fan spinning yet, the system has been used for about one month now.

CPU temp is average at 35-38c
System temp average at 35c
Chipset temp Average at 55c

Hope the information provided can help.

Last edited:

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
I wouldn't be surprised if you can get away with a 200W PSU.
The CPU draws ~70W in a torture scenario, 50W for the GPU and 30W for 3x 3.5" drives. Add 50W for mainboard, fans and ram and m.2.
That's 200W under full load - but your usage scenario describes nothing where I would assume the CPU ever to draw more than 40W over a prolonged time.

The HDPLEX 300W AC-DC should be more than capable to handle your system. If you pair it with the HDPlex 400W DC-ATX you are on the safe side, if you want to go a little bit smaller I would estimate the new HDPlex / Dynamo Mini 160 DC-ATX with its 200W peak load could work too.

kms108

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Feb 21, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not to sure how much the CPU power I will draw, all I know when I purchased it, it's a 65W cpu, and I don't think I will use 100% total processing power.

But after much searching, I have found that the these small PSU seems ok, but the problem is the power brick they are very big, probably just stick with my SFXL.