Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

2021-08-29: T1V1.1 Black with Silver Mesh Side Panel will open for orders on 2021-09-01 8AM Pacific Time (PT)!​

Supply is still limited, so we will not be sending out reminder emails - just going to upset a bunch of people who can't buy in time.

Multiple orders not allowed! One per customer! We will check shipping address, violator's orders will be cancelled.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

2021-08-28: T1 V1.5 Update:​

Waiting for anodizing on the prototype. Will reach out to Beta Testers once I finished testing.
These renders... oohhhhh my god I think I need some new pants. Looks so good! Cannot wait!

Just one, maybe two questions: are these going to be different kits that we can buy? Or are all these configurations available for the base version of the v1.5?
And, is that a tempered glass front panel I see in the Sandwich render 👀

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
These renders... oohhhhh my god I think I need some new pants. Looks so good! Cannot wait!

Just one, maybe two questions: are these going to be different kits that we can buy? Or are all these configurations available for the base version of the v1.5?
And, is that a tempered glass front panel I see in the Sandwich render 👀

Different kits, shared components, will be able to upgrade from one kit to another.

Yes, tempered Glass Front is *one possible variation, other front panel also in the works.

VAV

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 5, 2020

Waiting for anodizing on the prototype. Will reach out to Beta Testers once I finished testing.
Beautiful renderings, looking forward to the moment of purchase! The silver part protruding from the lower right corner of picture No. 4 is it a type c interface or a power button? Have you considered installing a power button in the same location? (From Google Translate)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Beautiful renderings, looking forward to the moment of purchase! The silver part protruding from the lower right corner of picture No. 4 is it a type c interface or a power button? Have you considered installing a power button in the same location? (From Google Translate)

Type-C front I/O on one side, Type-C shaped Power Button on the other side.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
What GPU and Mobo are you using with the ADT PCIe 4.0?

Can you share a photo of the riser you received? There should be a *version number on the PCB itself.
I'm currently using the Asus X570-I gaming motherboard with the Nvidia 3080TI Founders edition gpu.
The pcb says R3F V4.0 but I removed the sticker with the serial number when I got it. So this is probably not very helpful sorry.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Type-C front I/O on one side, Type-C shaped Power Button on the other side.
This is interesting! I like it!
Does this mean there will be no more rear mounted power button?
Is it also possible to switch the position of the power button and type-c header so they can be on either side of the case?
Or is this one of the optional accessories? Really looking like customization with this version is going to be crazy.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020

So tempting to upgrade from my First batch T1 (assume thats 1.1?) just because this one looks so much nicer, but the v1 i have is so damn good already, wish i had a second to upgrade my Mrs A4 though . . very tempting, very tempting indeed.

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but looking at those renders, is the GPU able to be mounted in the top where the rad normally is allowing for bigger rads on the side where the GPU in sandwich would be? as that would be an interesting. . and i like the idea.

good work as always!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
So tempting to upgrade from my First batch T1 (assume thats 1.1?) just because this one looks so much nicer, but the v1 i have is so damn good already, wish i had a second to upgrade my Mrs A4 though . . very tempting, very tempting indeed.
First batch T1 would be the v1.0, which was only ~200 units. Since then, it moved onto the v1.1, which is what the vast majority of people have. The way you can spot the difference is if they have a long fan rail that goes along the entire length of the case (v1.1) or if it splits in two (v1.0). The v1.0 also had a smaller power button hole at the back, 16mm instead of 19mm like on the v1.1.

I haven't followed this thread in a while, but looking at those renders, is the GPU able to be mounted in the top where the rad normally is allowing for bigger rads on the side where the GPU in sandwich would be? as that would be an interesting. . and i like the idea.
That is indeed what that configuration/kit does. Someone on reddit did it a few weeks ago, and I assume this configuration had been in the works for v1.5. I imagine it will be quite interesting.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
t
First batch T1 would be the v1.0, which was only ~200 units. Since then, it moved onto the v1.1, which is what the vast majority of people have. The way you can spot the difference is if they have a long fan rail that goes along the entire length of the case (v1.1) or if it splits in two (v1.0). The v1.0 also had a smaller power button hole at the back, 16mm instead of 19mm like on the v1.1.

That is indeed what that configuration/kit does. Someone on reddit did it a few weeks ago, and I assume this configuration had been in the works for v1.5. I imagine it will be quite interesting.
Thanks Navic,
the 1.5 in this config sounds awesome, as my GPU cranks my CPU temps up in my current system (still more than acceptable though) so interested to see how that plays out.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018

I am unreasonably hyped for this next phase of the T1 project. v1.1 with TX240 was my first custom loop ever. So ready for v1.5 with double the TX240s, and the tower configuration is screaming my name.

Godspeed @Wahaha360. Godspeed beta testers. Godspeed v1.5 buyers. Godspeed+1 to me when it's time to compete with all of the other buyers 🙃

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020

I'm very interested in the reference lay-out. The duo tone came out looking great in the renders and the implimentation of a small power button in the front with usb-c is a nice touch.
Can't wait to order one. Great job with the design, and should perform really well with temps.

Jff007

Efficiency Noob
Aug 9, 2021
That power button looks very nice. Will also save me some tinkering time with 3D printing a replacement front panel. I probably won't use the tempered glass front since I travel too much to risk it breaking, but for those who do, would they still have the front I/O and front power button?