Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

aeries

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 12, 2021
Made an account on SFF.N just to comment on this thread. I've seen the images and I've been sold since forever - I'm also coming out of a Caselabs TH10A so it's from one extreme to the other. Looking forward to watercooling this and hopefully actually getting stock - I have 2x 3090 Strix OCs sitting around and one is destined for the V1.5 when it comes out.

I'll be following closely for updates :)

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
How does a GPU in front of the CPU affect thermals when using an air cooler? (Although you're probably not going to be using an air cooler when buying this cases) For example, if you run a C7 with a 3 slot GPU, that will probably choke the CPU so much...

Edit: Whoops nvm

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
How does a GPU in front of the CPU affect thermals when using an air cooler? (Although you're probably not going to be using an air cooler when buying this cases) For example, if you run a C7 with a 3 slot GPU, that will probably choke the CPU so much...
Can you explain what you mean? It is sandwich style, so both GPU and CPU air cooler should both have access to fresh air through the side panels.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Can you explain what you mean? It is sandwich style, so both GPU and CPU air cooler should both have access to fresh air through the side panels.
Edit: Whoops I'm dumb, they do both have access to fresh air. I looked at the pictures wrong.

I know that this won't be possible since version 1.5 is almost released, but I think it would be worth it to subtract 5mm from the width of the case so that only 3 slot GPUs are supported but add 10mm to the height so that 3 standard fans can be used. That way, the sub 10L volume is kept while only losing compatibility for only a few GPUs (mostly chinese ones).

Last edited:
Reactions: joressal

Mao_Setzer

Trash Compacter
Jul 10, 2019
i will have a look at it.
Seems a little pointless to me because results will also be different everytime because of temps?
I've ran timespy twice for example and it will not give me consistent scores because of heat build up.
But so far I've tested the Linkup riser that is installed right now in pcie 4.0 mode and will compare those results to the ADT riser also in 4.0 mode.
Will that work for you?
Hi, did you receive your new ADT Link PCIe 4.0 riser cable that you ordered on Aliexpress ?
No issue, been recognized as intended ? Could compare with the Linkup version ?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Hi, did you receive your new ADT Link PCIe 4.0 riser cable that you ordered on Aliexpress ?
No issue, been recognized as intended ? Could compare with the Linkup version ?
For me it was similar to the linkup but another user here reported that it did not work in his case in pcie 4.0 mode.
Don't know, I had no problems what so ever with it.
I do have a white 18cm linkup I could sell if you need a riser still.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Speaking of dual rad in V1.5, has anyone here any experience comparing against performance of dual slim 240 rads like TX240 vs. one slim 280 rad like the 280 GTS?

I've seen plenty of Meshlicious builds where the single 280 keeps fat combined TDPs under control, but what about 2xTX240s? Any links I've missed would be mucho welcome too

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
For me it was similar to the linkup but another user here reported that it did not work in his case in pcie 4.0 mode.
Don't know, I had no problems what so ever with it.
I do have a white 18cm linkup I could sell if you need a riser still.

What GPU and Mobo are you using with the ADT PCIe 4.0?

Can you share a photo of the riser you received? There should be a *version number on the PCB itself.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Speaking of dual rad in V1.5, has anyone here any experience comparing against performance of dual slim 240 rads like TX240 vs. one slim 280 rad like the 280 GTS?

I've seen plenty of Meshlicious builds where the single 280 keeps fat combined TDPs under control, but what about 2xTX240s? Any links I've missed would be mucho welcome too

Dual XSPC TX240 > GTS 280.

*Dual 240 has about 50% more cooling surface, all else equal, so better performance is expected.

T1 is also much smaller in size, which mean the distance needed to move hot air out of the case is shorter, so all else equal, smaller cases should cool better.